Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2011, 17:43   #106
BHPian

Re: Suzuki SX4: 16000KM Update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
My car's rear right tire had recently suffered a side wall cut, I had no option but to buy one new tire at Rs.: 7500/-.
So when I had gone for the tire replacement I got the alignment and balancing done from the same dealer. This happened around the 14,500 km mark.
Did you have the stock JK Vectra's? Side wall cut at 16000 km is too soon! Does your car travel on bad roads a lot? Would you suggest changing the stock tyres. I ask this because my Sx4 has done 7700 kms and the tyres are fine for now. However a lot of people have adviced to get new tyres instead of JK Vectra.
Old 19th May 2011, 17:59   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
Did you have the stock JK Vectra's? Side wall cut at 16000 km is too soon! Does your car travel on bad roads a lot? Would you suggest changing the stock tyres. I ask this because my Sx4 has done 7700 kms and the tyres are fine for now. However a lot of people have adviced to get new tyres instead of JK Vectra.

I got the stock JK's replaced with Good Year Eagle NCT 5's immediately after buying the car. The Side Wall cut happened while I was on a smooth 6 lane road at triple digit speed. But was lucky to escape without any harm either to the car or myself.

Since you've done 7700km on your stock tires, there's no point changing now you'll not get much in return for these. Use them till they wear out. The JK's are not bad in my opinion just a bit on the noisier side. They're any day tougher than the Good Year's my car has. I upgraded as I wanted fatter tires.
Old 26th April 2012, 13:23   #108
BHPian

Funny thing happened today,

I don't what caused it, firstly one of the two horns stopped working then the other one stopped working. At this point I thought that my horns have failed. But the biggest surprise was yet to come. As I continued driving I noticed that the turn signals and hazard lights had also stopped working. I called up Maruti they say they can't comment over the phone but it seems like a fuse issue. In anycase I plan to visit them today in the evening if time permits. Does anyone have any idea what it could be ??

Last edited by maglev : 26th April 2012 at 13:25.

Most Viewed