Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2009, 18:14   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
Avi, I was thinking of "WHite Mischief" goes well with my persona, dont u think
Ofcourse, that would be a very apt name for you knowing your passionate..errr adventoures escapades ( dont let your better half read this).

Btw, first accessory that should be adorned on your car is total dark film ( you know why)
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:15   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Btw, first accessory that should be adorned on your car is total dark film ( you know why)
eh! i happen to be the guy who gets a lift in himanshu's ride apart from bhabhiji!

mere liye tints kyu chaiye bhai

himanshu bhai congrats once again for the new ride.( i happened to speak to himanshu when he was driving in the sx4 straight after delivery)hope to see it in the next meet( pretty soon aint it)

now we want to see chrome wale 17 inch ke alloys with low profiles .chalo ashoka wheels

i hope you realised its a petrol and not a diesel ( read in some thread about junta not able to figure out during a TD they were in a diesel grande punto),lol

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 3rd July 2009 at 19:18.
Old 3rd July 2009, 19:32   #33
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!
Recently one of our family friends bought SX4 ZXi for around 7.15 Lakhs. I think that the difference is because of Octroi not being present in our state.
The positives of this car outweigh the negatives. Specially GC. We have Baleno that has sagged down after around 30K kms. may be due to strut suspension all round. But SX4 is not known to give such problems and once monsoon arrives ( it is yet to arrive in Gujarat ) this one single feature will prove very useful.
Moreover the seating position is also very good. Headlights from two wheelers or other cars will not hit you straight in the eye, another factor that affects safety. High speed stability is good too.

About the rims, think more before going in for 17 inch IMHO. As you will have to maintain OD, definitely the aspect ratio of tyre will go down. This, coupled with stiff suspension of the car, will give you a not so good ride quality atleast at slow speeds ( read city driving ).
Old 4th July 2009, 12:59   #34
Senior - BHPian

himanshu, congrats on your white mischeif, where are the pics mate, waiting to see him.
Old 4th July 2009, 14:10   #35
BHPian

Boss, Congrats once again on your new acquisition. Now, when are you gonna get those trigger happy Nikon folks, mobile, absynth and pulsar to do some wonders?
Old 4th July 2009, 14:45   #36
BHPian

Quote:

First impressions though suggest that the sheer sportiness of the Baleno is missing....SIgh! I miss that baby- the only ex-car of mine that I miss till date.
I would like to keep you posted that your baby is doing great! The last time I took the car for a long drive, I was amazed at how it became smoother and more powerful after 120kph..and stays planted too with not much body roll in very fast turns.

cheers
badri
Old 5th July 2009, 10:32   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suren181 View Post
Boss, Congrats once again on your new acquisition. Now, when are you gonna get those trigger happy Nikon folks, mobile, absynth and pulsar to do some wonders?
Suren Paaji, you turned me from a ferocious biker to a phone totting executive

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
I would like to keep you posted that your baby is doing great! The last time I took the car for a long drive, I was amazed at how it became smoother and more powerful after 120kph..and stays planted too with not much body roll in very fast turns.

cheers
badri
Thats really nice to know. Would love to see a picture of Himanshu's previous ride. Appreciate if you can post a picture of your ride here.
Old 5th July 2009, 11:43   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post

cheers
badri

Thanks Badri....It is always nice to hear that your loved (ex) car is in good hands. That baby is amazing at high speeds which i experienced when I drove it from Blr to Hyd. In hindsight, it was a good decision of mine to upgrade the tyres at the beginning itself and they dramatically altered the behaviour of the car.

Cheers!

H
Old 5th July 2009, 13:23   #39
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Himanshu on the great buy! Definitely a great buy . Changes in the new model are sweets.. think they are listening to complains from owners.. I like the new single key combination.. wish you a good ownership!

btw, what mods have you done so far? I too have a white SX4 for more than 2 years and it still looks and behaves as a new car, out of the showroom.. cheers
Old 6th July 2009, 17:08   #40
Senior - BHPian

himanshu congrats on the new purchase and I was thinking what kinda transition you went thru Maruti ==> TATA ==> Maruti .
Old 6th July 2009, 20:45   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
himanshu congrats on the new purchase and I was thinking what kinda transition you went thru Maruti ==> TATA ==> Maruti .
Yeah, he said Tata to Tata in less than 2 years!
Old 6th July 2009, 22:03   #42
BHPian

Quote:
In hindsight, it was a good decision of mine to upgrade the tyres at the beginning itself and they dramatically altered the behaviour of the car.

Cheers!

H
You bet...thank you for doing this wise upgrade..I just wonder how a light bodied car like Baleno stays so planted at high cruising speeds. Any way, welcome back to Suzuki family and with it, to peace of mind. Enjoy your new ride.

Wonder why Tata's do not take heed of the customer problems and work on reliability.

@mobike008

Sure, will post both the pics shortly. 'am also due for a the long term ownership report for Baleno..
Old 9th July 2009, 16:42   #43
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the new buy, very good choice
Old 10th July 2009, 14:18   #44
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Rajiv, and I am sure that your comment is not biased in the least
Old 10th July 2009, 15:05   #45
BHPian

very well put and you sure know how to write too. Congrats on the purchase. Waiting to hear more about this car from you now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks