Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 15:22   #46
BANNED

Good desicion

This is precisely why I am stopping myself from owning the Safari inspite of my love for it from the past 7 years ( which is the first time I drove it).
The amount of faults it has easily overcomes its advantages.
I m sure you will have great time with your new SX4 crossover.

I too would have bought the same had it been a diesel.

Pictures please.....
Old 10th July 2009, 17:46   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Himanshu, where are the pictures? Did you really buy an SX4?

Please prove it
Old 10th July 2009, 18:19   #48
BHPian

congrats

Congrats Himanshu!

This is a decision that I too want to take but some how hesitating as I love my truck a lot! check the link and you will know why:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...w-vehicle.html

I just wish that Tata gets better with the days and years to come. I know it's just a wishful thinking. I remember TDing this car with my friend and we were not able to see the back fully while reversing. Well I still am not thinking about SX4 but I may be if things keep worsening!
Have a great drive!
Old 12th July 2009, 08:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Somehow missed this thread. Anyways congrats on the "White Mischief", Himanshu Bhai!!!

Please post some pics.

P.S: Please provide gyan to us mere mortals on how you got 1% effective rate
Old 12th July 2009, 08:31   #50
v&v
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Himanshu!
I feel owning a safari is a passion. its just like a marriage. Small Niggles are a part of it. I recently did a delhi - jodhpur - osian - kumbalgarh - udaipur - jaipur - delhi a flat 2500 kms in 9 days with my family. I would have never thought of it on a sedan. We did a non stop 700 kms to delhi - jodhpur in 11 hrs.
So i feel a true safari fan will give weight to pros than cons.
Old 12th July 2009, 12:05   #51
BANNED

Fuel Efficiency??

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats Himanshu!
I feel owning a safari is a passion. its just like a marriage. Small Niggles are a part of it. I recently did a delhi - jodhpur - osian - kumbalgarh - udaipur - jaipur - delhi a flat 2500 kms in 9 days with my family. I would have never thought of it on a sedan. We did a non stop 700 kms to delhi - jodhpur in 11 hrs.
Hi V&V,
Could you please let me know the best highway and city mileage you have achieved in your Safari and under what conditions of road and speed? Thanks in advance...
Old 12th July 2009, 12:51   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v&v View Post
Congrats Himanshu!
hi V&V, that was a great fet that you did in your road trip

As regards being a true safari fan, I think I am up there with the rest of you guys. I bought a safari despite having had a horrible experience with my Indica turbo, whose turbo failure left me stranded on the highway. still, when it came to buying a Safari, i decided to give Tata the benefit of doubt hoping that the Safari would have better QC compared to an Indica, but man, was i wrong.

I lived thru "niggles" over hte last two years and did not even raise too much of a stink, but when teh truck left me and my family stranded, that was the last straw. i have always loved the safari, but I am not blind ot its faults. the fact is that it is still a WIP depite being onthe road for over a decade,and that speaks volumes amout the manufacturer. I have sworn off TML and their supported products for life now (that was the only reason I did not buy a GP or Linea)
Old 12th July 2009, 12:52   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Himanshu, where are the pictures? Did you really buy an SX4?

Please prove it
Avi, with Maestros like you as my friends, I dare not take the liberty of clicking pictures of my car and posting them here. that is best left to you when we meet next.....so over to you buddy
Old 13th July 2009, 20:27   #54
BHPian

Congratulations on a great buy Himanshu - the GC of the SX4 tempted us quite a bit before we made the decision to get the truck! Hope we have better luck with it

Most Viewed