Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2009, 16:20   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Great first impressions there KP. The i20 now surely is the pick of the curent premium hatches. Did you get a chance to glance at the tyre - wheel specs? Did the Asta CRDi have the same 185/65 R14 Apollos like the i20 1.2?
Got the answer to that from the updated Hyundai website. Unfortunately, it remains the same as the 1.2. At roughly 8 lakhs, they ought to have given atleast 195/55 R15 tyre -wheel combo with a different alloy design for the Asta or atleast the Asta (O).
Old 7th July 2009, 16:36   #47
Senior - BHPian

Was at the launch, here are the prices (ex-showroom Delhi):

1.4 CRDI Magna - 619,800
1.4 CRDI Asta - 683431
1.4 CRDI Asta (O) - 720430
1.4 Asta P - 731130
1.4 Asta (O) P - 772301

Asta & Asta (O) Diesels come with all-wheel disc brakes and ABS, EBD etc. Tyre Specs are 185/65 for the Asta & Asta (O) models while the Magna gets 175/70 R14. The 1.4 Petrol only comes in 185/65 R14.

Any more questions??
Old 7th July 2009, 16:43   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Any more questions??
The 1.4 crdi is with CGT or VGT?
Old 7th July 2009, 16:52   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was at the launch, here are the prices (ex-showroom Delhi):

1.4 CRDI Magna - 619,800
1.4 CRDI Asta - 683431
1.4 CRDI Asta (O) - 720430
1.4 Asta P - 731130
1.4 Asta (O) P - 772301

Asta & Asta (O) Diesels come with all-wheel disc brakes and ABS, EBD etc. Tyre Specs are 185/65 for the Asta & Asta (O) models while the Magna gets 175/70 R14. The 1.4 Petrol only comes in 185/65 R14.

Any more questions??

bhaiyyaji, the magna too comes with 4wheel discs and abs/ebd
Old 7th July 2009, 17:00   #50
Senior - BHPian

It's mentioned as WGT, so I suppose VGT. Not sure though.

You're right on that JD, I misread the 1.2 Kappa as the 1.4 Magna!

Last edited by iraghava : 7th July 2009 at 17:03. Reason: Correcting mistake!
Old 7th July 2009, 17:26   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now, what on the earth is WGT? I have never heard of that.
Old 7th July 2009, 17:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
Very Variable Geomery Turbo VVGT (2 Vs look like W) Just kidding
Old 7th July 2009, 18:10   #53
Senior - BHPian

The Crdi cheaper than the petrol ones in the similar variant.
That's a first i guess. What all are the differences between the similar petrol and diesel variants?
Old 7th July 2009, 18:20   #54
Senior - BHPian

I think the high price for petrol is for AT variant.
Old 7th July 2009, 19:17   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
That's a first i guess. What all are the differences between the similar petrol and diesel variants?

ok here are my 2 euro's lolz cents have depreciated in recession

the car was underpowered and they knew it too. first they launch the cars then they launch the engines later . great.

ok coming to the engines. the 1.4 CRDI is a clear winner. but 1.4 petrol comes only with the auto box and sunroof.

i think asta (o) 1.4 petrol is a real uber cool urban supermini you get bang for the bucks sunroof, auto box, climate control, six airbags, all wheel discs ipod connectivity. you name it and it has got it. for someone who is not into LAMBI gaddi's can and should go for it. its totally worth it.

but i think the 1.4 crdi magna is gonna sell like hot cakes.
Old 7th July 2009, 20:20   #56
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
Dont forget to factor in that the Petrol gets 12% extra excise snapped in addition to the auto tranny!
Old 8th July 2009, 09:07   #57
BHPian

Wgt

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
its actually an improvement on the VGT.

Generally its called Variable Inlet Guide Vane, VGT (VIGVVGT).

For a FGT or VGT the output boost gets dramatically reduced if the in-flow of air gets disturbed, the VIGV technique tries to reduce this by providing a controlled inlet flow of air to VGT.

in short, its a better breed of VGT, providing more uniform and regular boost by controlling the inlet to VGT.

Its a patented technology, but i guess Toyota was the first to use it (i maybe wrong here).

this technology is mostly used in fighter jet planes.

The i20 might be pricey hatch, but it uses the best technology and features in contemporary world.

Last edited by pb10gagan : 8th July 2009 at 09:23.
Old 8th July 2009, 09:18   #58
BHPian

Any reports about the auto tranny's FE?. My friend has a i10 autotranny and is all out complaining that he has got a fuel guzzler......
Old 8th July 2009, 09:18   #59
BHPian

i20 CRDI Observations

Had a test drive of the i20 CRDI yesterday and following are my observations. Some of them are specific to diesel and others in general to i20.

+ves

1. The engine is super refined and very very silent. Except the initial clatter of the diesel you dont feel its a diesel either at idle or while the burner is running. Excellent NVH damping provided to insulate the cabin from all the engine noise.

2. The car eager to surge to move forward at the slightest release of the clutch, very nice feel when taking the car off the block.

3. The mid range blows you away and between 1800-2200 rpm the vehicle pulls ahead quite well.

4. The front seats are the best places to be in this car. The drivers sit gives a good wrap around your shoulders and hold your back quite well.

5. Good stubby gear level with very short throws are a welcome addition to the hyundai cars. It felt very good to engage them.

6. The accelerator pedal is very light to use and is effortless in city conditions, though the clutch seems to have a fair amount of play.

-ves

1. There is quite a bit of lag in the low range below 1800 rpm. Especially on 3rd gear at around a speed of 40 km/hr, the beast takes quite a long time to hit its preferred rev band come what may. I was almost standing on the accelerator pedal!!. Cannot comment on the hi end of the rev end since I did not get a chance to check that out.

2. Rear leg room was a huge dissapointment for me. Considering this car is a premium hatch and has quite a significant wheel base but that doesnt get translated to either a good leg room or shoulder room at the back. My biggest letdown on the GP was its rear leg room and this doesnt seem to be too much better. But I must say the seat lumbar support and the inclination are quite comfortable.

3. The back seat has a hump in the center for the fifth person a la SX4. You would not want to put anyone in that seat unless he is your sworn enemy .

4. The steering was completely devoid of any feedback, felt very light even at speeds of around 60 km/hr.

For me the only point that was going through my mind all through the drive was what is in it that makes it a cool 1.2L costlier than the GP emotion Pk. The equipment levels are comparable on both of them. I expected the space at the rear and the responsiveness of the engine to be the winner. but unfortunately I came with only two other convincing reasons :-

1. The engine is very refined with very low NVH combined with excellent fit and finish of materials used.
2. The slanted 'H' badge which has a better reputation in India than Fiat.
Old 8th July 2009, 15:47   #60
BHPian

Wow !! Could not believe my eyes when i saw 1.4 auto pumping out 100 horses.....too bad its auto though, i have to drive this to see how exciting this could be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks