Ritz-Ritizens

interesting isnt it?
City - Cit'ian ?
SX4 - ??
Verna - Vernian

But Linean ?
Old 9th July 2009, 17:31   #32
BHPian

It just came into my mind. Hope no one is hurt.
I would be glad if someone can come with something better. We need to call us something uptrend as the Linea's number is growing, isn't it!!!
Old 9th July 2009, 17:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Linea - Lineans
Cedia - Cedizens
Punto - Puntians
Jazz - Jazzians
spark-Sparkies
Ritz-Ritizens

interesting isnt it?
how about

Punto - Punters

sorry just could not resist
Old 9th July 2009, 17:32   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
City - Cit'ian ?
SX4 - ??
Verna - Vernian

But Linean ?
City - Citizens
SX4 - Men
Civic - Civilians
Old 9th July 2009, 17:40   #35
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
It just came into my mind. Hope no one is hurt.
I would be glad if someone can come with something better. We need to call us something uptrend as the Linea's number is growing, isn't it!!!
Hey don't worry. On these Linea threads nobody gets hurt. Its frank & open threads
Its just that I could not stop laughing at what adjectives we might end up getting
Old 9th July 2009, 17:49   #36
BHPian

I have heard a few people calling the Linea - 'Leena'
Old 9th July 2009, 18:00   #37
BHPian

I've heard a few people call it "Liena".

I think they are trying to relate it to the Siena!
Old 9th July 2009, 18:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

Congrats, the car looks great in black.

The name of the colour sounds very racial to me.
Old 11th July 2009, 14:46   #39
BHPian

@Esteem_lover, Thanks for the wishes.

@VP, I am glad that I am part of such a frank and open group
Old 11th July 2009, 20:30   #40
NIP
Senior - BHPian

SX4 = SXaddicts ?
Old 18th July 2009, 17:10   #41
BHPian

Hi,
Finally I got my chance to take out the beauty on road (Went out of town the day I brought it). Took it for a 50 Km drive.
But felt scared with the traffic all around and was driving slow. Even then I really enjoyed the drive. It was smooth with initial hick up with the clutch. Engine stops on bumps as I am not used to the clutch. I hope I will overcome this soon.
Trip meter is showing a Avg. Consumption as 10.1. When I took it out it was 10.7. This is with AC on Full Auto.
Well, few small concern which we noticed. Lot of engine noise creeping into the cabin. Felt like driving a Diesel.
Sometime little burning smell comes into the cabin. Don;t know why
Also, I need to get used to the turning radius of the car. I had a tough time taking it out of the base car parking. To many front & back movement.
Monday Car will be going for accessories.
Dealer is adding 3M CS35 series sunfilm, mudflap, will be changing the dikki mat and will be doing the 3M Teflon on the body.
Also, I want to add the rear sensor but confused which one I should add. Should I go for camera based or sensor based?
Old 18th July 2009, 17:30   #42
BHPian

You will get used to it. For me it took a week to get over the anxiety of driving a big car in traffic.

Fiat's cars are different. The clutch, gear-shift, the engine crank switch etc. Time will make you understand the car better.
Initially I used to stall the engine in 2nd gear. But now I can even take off from stand-still in 2nd gear (with AC ON)!

The engine sounds loud after crossing 3000 rpm. But its also a racing type sound which you will begin to like after sometime.

Turning radius , yes its a little irritating at times. But we have to remember its a very big car and hence such disadvantages too.

You will get burning smell, if you are driving on ghats etc (basically braking hard/multiple times). But if the smell is from engine, then visit the service center soon and check out before any damage to engine is done..

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
But felt scared with the traffic all around and was driving slow. Even then I really enjoyed the drive. It was smooth with initial hick up with the clutch. Engine stops on bumps as I am not used to the clutch. I hope I will overcome this soon.
Well, few small concern which we noticed. Lot of engine noise creeping into the cabin. Felt like driving a Diesel.
Sometime little burning smell comes into the cabin. Don;t know why
Also, I need to get used to the turning radius of the car. I had a tough time taking it out of the base car parking. To many front & back movement.
Old 18th July 2009, 22:04   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Thats too much discounts. Makes me jealous. Almost like what we are getting on older cars like Fiesta/SX4.

OT: Has Linea demand reduced? Now dealers seem to be giving lavish discounts even on Emotion models.
I enquired the price of Linea today and Concorde provides 15K discount and nothing else. Not even mats.. I remember it was 7.90 L OTR for emotion 2 months back which is 8.10 now after discount in Bangalore.

Also, sales manager told that fixing a parking sensor will void warranty of electricals. Is that true? Anybody enquired about it?
Old 18th July 2009, 23:05   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, sales manager told that fixing a parking sensor will void warranty of electricals. Is that true? Anybody enquired about it?
That all crap. tell them to put oem parking sensors then?. i am sure they dont have.
It is just an excuse to shy away from responsibility. do mail mangesh about this info..

Quote:
You will get burning smell
The burning smell is not because of break. it is because of ACC. I get that in my car too when compressor breaks off. vahan gets it too. it is kind of suffocating at times. Did someone enquire about this with fiat?
Old 19th July 2009, 14:54   #45
BHPian

I am sending my vehicle tomorrow to workshop. Will tell them the burning smell issue also.
One thing I noticed is which I am not sure how it is in other Linea car. When I turn on the ignition, the seat belt warning light(no buzzer, I understand it is not available in Emotion) blinks for a minute and then goes off even if I haven't put the seat belt. Does it function like this in Linea.
In other cars, it will keep on blinking until you have put the seat belt.

Please advise?

Most Viewed