Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2009, 21:29   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Is it advisable to start the engine with ACC "on" ?
yes absolutely no problem. all components are protected with fuses and they undergo tests for very rough handling. else the user manual would have specified with a writing in blold "do not start the engine with the ACC on"
Old 5th August 2009, 21:55   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnzjon View Post
Is it advisable to start the engine with ACC "on" ?
I have seen most of my friends expressing shock when i start the engine with the AC on.

I have also observed this with the Taxi drivers (could be ignorance as well).

If its absolutely fine and ACC remembers the recirculation mode, i am game for it. Everytime its a real pain to swift the recirculation mode on. I realise it when the external smell enters the cabin.
Old 5th August 2009, 22:41   #78
Senior - BHPian

It is absolutely not recommended to start the engine with acc on. I would prefer to switch off the acc, stereo, headlamp etc before the start of the engine. i agree there are fuses but still these are electrical parts and some sudden surge in power could damage these things too. I had my verna starting with head light on once and the head light bulb fused off. since then i never do that.

And that too i am more careful as with fiat if some parts blew up it will take 3 weeks for them to ship things to chennai
Old 5th August 2009, 23:05   #79
BHPian

If the Linea's electrics are as well built as the Palio's (I am sure they are), then starting the car with the A/C on should not pose a problem.

In the Palio, the AC compressor is controlled by the ECU (the switch is only there to tell the ECU that the user wants the compressor on), and the ECU does not kick in the compressor till the time the engine has made 50 revolutions.

Also, in the Palio, you can start the car with all electrics on, since all the heavy loads (defogger, blower, power windows, headlamps (except fogs)) all get turned off the moment the key is in the crank position.
Old 6th August 2009, 09:48   #80
Senior - BHPian

I used to follow this exercise everytime i park my car.
1.Put the handbrake and gear in First.
2.Switch of ACC,Audio and Headlights.
3.Ignition off(turbo settle down this time) and check for anything is on.
4.Express a thanx to Linea for taking me safer everywhere and leave the car to take rest for another day job.
5.Lock the car and ensure it closes and go to home/work/leisure.

Last edited by aks_karthik : 6th August 2009 at 09:50.
Old 6th August 2009, 12:10   #81
srinivas9446

Dear Vinay,

Oh ! God ..isnt she beautiful ! she is simpy gorgeous.

Take good care, as i have a personal experience maintaining a black car..Believe me, its too difficult.

All the best.

Old 6th August 2009, 18:21   #82
BHPian

Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how to find the manufacturing date from Chassis/engine number? I tried to search the forum's but did not get anything solid.

Background: I went for my Linea (MJD Dynamic Pack) pre-registration inspection today. Externally things were ok, no scratches/dents,etc. However i found that out of 4 tyres, 3 tyres had manufacturing date of Jan 09 and one was from Feb 09. The Stepney is from Nov 08!

I think the manufacturing date of the vehicle might be somewhere Jan-Mar 09.

1) Is it ok to accept the vehicle 4-5 months old?
2) The lowest part of front bumper has a sag (curve) at the middle portion. The dealer says that he will replace the bumper from another vehicle. I hope this is OK until the color matches.
Anyways, a deformed bumper is not acceptable to me in any case.
3) The glove box had lot of gap. I asked him to fix that too! Dont know what he's going to do with it.

Anyways, i am disappointed with the kind of quality checks done for car in this segment.
Old 6th August 2009, 18:24   #83
BHPian

@Ajaysurfs: I have taken a car manufactured in April. Mine is DPZ where D represent April and PZ is 2009. So E will be May and F will June and so on.
Don't accept the car until they changes the bumper and other things. I am saying this based on my personal experience and as you know, we both have the same dealer
Old 6th August 2009, 18:44   #84
BANNED

Quote:
Can someone please tell me how to find the manufacturing date from Chassis/engine number?
ajaysurf

tyre dates won't give you exact mfg date of the vehicle.

Get the VIN no. (chasis no.) & input it in the following link page

VIN View /// AnalogX
Old 6th August 2009, 18:49   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
ajaysurf

tyre dates won't give you exact mfg date of the vehicle.

Get the VIN no. (chasis no.) & input it in the following link page

VIN View /// AnalogX
Looks like the VIN number is not the chassis number. Tried the chassis number given to me and get meaningless results. But if what is in the earlier post is correct, G= July and PZ = 09, I am very happy with my chassis number!
Old 6th August 2009, 18:55   #86
BHPian

definitely the best colour to buy one in!
Old 6th August 2009, 18:58   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysurfs View Post
Hello All,

Can someone please tell me how to find the manufacturing date from Chassis/engine number? I tried to search the forum's but did not get anything solid.

Background: I went for my Linea (MJD Dynamic Pack) pre-registration inspection today. Externally things were ok, no scratches/dents,etc. However i found that out of 4 tyres, 3 tyres had manufacturing date of Jan 09 and one was from Feb 09. The Stepney is from Nov 08!

I think the manufacturing date of the vehicle might be somewhere Jan-Mar 09.

1) Is it ok to accept the vehicle 4-5 months old?
2) The lowest part of front bumper has a sag (curve) at the middle portion. The dealer says that he will replace the bumper from another vehicle. I hope this is OK until the color matches.
Anyways, a deformed bumper is not acceptable to me in any case.
3) The glove box had lot of gap. I asked him to fix that too! Dont know what he's going to do with it.

Anyways, i am disappointed with the kind of quality checks done for car in this segment.

hi ajai! Check the Pics of the Linea in my Thread. the Bumper has a curve in the centre. its not a defect.

its practically impossible to get a vehcile which is manufactured 1-2 weeks before sale. this is because the chasis / body would have been manufactured and assembled and then inspected, bench tested etc. check with the dealer as to when he recieved the stock. if he recieved it 4-5 months ago then enquire which other vehicle is still available in the same lot. if your dealer is concorde, then they would be having atleast 40-50 vehicles in stock at any time since its a TATA company.

even with regard tyres, its rare that the tyre date and vehicle manufacture date would be the same. this is because tyres are purchased by the manufacturer in lots. i have seen ANHC's with tyres dating back to March 2008!.

glove box gap, the dealer needs to rectify!
Old 6th August 2009, 19:13   #88
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Looks like the VIN number is not the chassis number. Tried the chassis number given to me and get meaningless results. But if what is in the earlier post is correct, G= July and PZ = 09, I am very happy with my chassis number!
VIN & chasis are almost similar. only difference is format.

exact VIN no. can be found in the boot under the boot mat near spare wheel on a metal plate. input that no. in the web page

Quote:
ajaysurf - this can be easily solved by just adjusting a spring/ socket with a screw driver in the glove box lock. However, the gap will reduce & may not go totally
Old 6th August 2009, 19:20   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
hi ajai! Check the Pics of the Linea in my Thread. the Bumper has a curve in the centre. its not a defect.

its practically impossible to get a vehcile which is manufactured 1-2 weeks before sale. this is because the chasis / body would have been manufactured and assembled and then inspected, bench tested etc. check with the dealer as to when he recieved the stock. if he recieved it 4-5 months ago then enquire which other vehicle is still available in the same lot. if your dealer is concorde, then they would be having atleast 40-50 vehicles in stock at any time since its a TATA company.

even with regard tyres, its rare that the tyre date and vehicle manufacture date would be the same. this is because tyres are purchased by the manufacturer in lots. i have seen ANHC's with tyres dating back to March 2008!.

glove box gap, the dealer needs to rectify!
Thanks Sunil. I dont think Prerana, Bangalore has lot of vehicles in stock and that too my variant and color. Regarding the bumper, i checked it on 2-3 cars available there at his Lalbagh showroom and none of them had this sag!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmites View Post
Yes. Mine also gives junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
@Ajaysurfs: I have taken a car manufactured in April. Mine is DPZ where D represent April and PZ is 2009. So E will be May and F will June and so on.
Don't accept the car until they changes the bumper and other things. I am saying this based on my personal experience and as you know, we both have the same dealer
Mine is AQZ -which means January and QZ???? Q comes after P, i cannot put any logic here...2010 or 2008???
Old 6th August 2009, 19:25   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaysurfs View Post
Thanks Sunil. I dont think Prerana, Bangalore has lot of vehicles in stock and that too my variant and color. Regarding the bumper, i checked it on 2-3 cars available there at his Lalbagh showroom and none of them had this sag!

Mine is AQZ -which means January and QZ???? Q comes after P, i cannot put any logic here...2010 or 2008???

Ajai, if its prerna the easiest way is to check when they recieved the stock. they would be having the transit details with the Chasis and engine Number with them. ask them to show that.

i am not able to understand what sag your mentioning. could you please click a picture and post it here. is it below the lower centre grill near the place where the bumper meets the engine protection Plate ?

My VIN is MCA11071709004338CQZ can someone Decode it for me please. the VIN decoder doesnt work in my case

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks