Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2009, 09:55   #16
BHPian

Yes Ashish, I got the sunfilms done from the dealership itself they charged me 3500Rs and the brand is 3M, it looks cool.
Old 1st September 2009, 16:47   #17
BHPian

I did another tank fill last week end, for 28.8 liters of petrol it has done 355 kms and it comes to 12.32/liter of normal petrol.
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:01   #18
BHPian

Congrats for buying one of the best cars and don't worry about the clicking sound. Apparently it is common in Fiesta and the same was confirmed by Chennai Ford folks. Even I hear that noise but it is more prominent in the lower gears 1 and 2. Other Fiesta owners can confirm the same.

As for the jerk, it is due to your driving style, release the clutch a tad slower and you should not have this issue.

[I have one minor issue though, while shifting gears I am hearing a click sound and I do feel a jerk, is this is due to my driving? Or some thing needs to be adjusted in the vehicle.]
Old 3rd September 2009, 16:39   #19
BHPian

Thank you Chillout, I will make conscious effort to release the clutch bit slower. This is what happens when we drive automatics for a while.
Old 8th September 2009, 15:36   #20
BHPian

I got a minor scratch on the rear bumper, there is no dent but the paint got peeled little bit, is there any polish of some kind available in the market to cover this.

Mods-Can you please change the title of my thread to Fiesta 1.6 Zxi - Running report

Thanks
Old 8th September 2009, 20:12   #21
BHPian

You do have some paints out there, but trust me it is very difficult to maintain a scratchless car in Chennai, I have had more than 3 such incidents over the past 4 months. In each of this case, I was not at fault and you feel bad that it has happened to your car. I stay near Chennai Ford(Arumbakkam) and travel to Tidel park daily. I pass through the most congested parts of the city and scratches are inevitable and hence I have learnt to live with them.

Its nice to have a clean car, but in a place like India it is next to impossible. Even if you touch up, it is only a matter of days before you find a new one.

As for the paints it is called com-paint and they do offer it for Fiesta, but as per some reviews posted in the below link they are not good, although a couple have posted positive reviews.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...-tubes-13.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I got a minor scratch on the rear bumper, there is no dent but the paint got peeled little bit, is there any polish of some kind available in the market to cover this.

Mods-Can you please change the title of my thread to Fiesta 1.6 Zxi - Running report

Thanks
Old 9th September 2009, 20:08   #22
BHPian

Yes your are spot on Chillout , we fix one and we never know when we get the next scratch, I guess it is better to leave it alone.
Old 11th September 2009, 09:09   #23
BHPian

I found an issue with my car, the car is drifting towards right I think this could be an alignment issue, should I go for the alignment with the dealer or some other shops, please advise guys..will they charge me for this?

I have just completed 1900 KMS and yet to get the 1st service done
Old 16th September 2009, 09:52   #24
BHPian

Wheel alignment done at the dealership

I got the wheel alignment done at the dealership, I dint get charged for this and it happened only after a small drama.

I called the sales guy last Friday (4th Sep 2009) to report the alignment issue and he said that is can be taken care. So, I reach the dealership by 5:00 PM (this was the time agreed between me and the sales guy), the service guys started cribbing that it was already late and he was questioning me, how come I am so sure that it was an alignment issue? and he was telling me that I will be changed Rs.300. Also, he was stressing that once the car is out of the dealership, these things will be charged.

I politely told him that this issue existed ever since the beginning and expecting me to check every aspect of the car on the day of the delivery is insane. And I also told him that being a new car I expect everything to work perfect so I don’t even need to think that I need to check this and that.

He took the car in, the sales guy was very nice and he asked me to wait in the visitors lounge and he will take care of the rest. As promised by the sales guy the alignment was done free of cost and yes, there was some misalignment.

Finally I said a big thank you to both the sales and service guys. My experience with this sales guy was very nice since the beginning and I am much more impressed now, by the way he is still helping me out.

If any one wants to book the car the through Chennai ford I would definitely recommend this guy.

Now, another issue and I definitely needs your suggestions

Even after the alignment is done, if I take both my hands off the wheel, the car drifts to the right slightly,not as bad as before the alignment, is this normal and do you guys have the same experience?

Also, on the uneven roads the car gets scrapped in the bottom, will this cause any issues?

Please help me out here.
Old 16th September 2009, 10:46   #25
BHPian

Nice to know that you had a good experience at Chennai Ford, mine has been a mixed experience and they defenitely did not do a good job with a paint touch up.

As for the alignment, did you test the car on the highways. I would not recommend any of the roads in Chennai to test the alignment. Also did Chennai Ford guys confirm that there was an issue with the alignment. If yes how did they fix it.

Till date I have had only 1 instance of the car scraping that too with 5 people onboard when crossing a huge speed breaker in Andhra Pradesh. Again it was my mistake, had I crossed over it slowly I could have avoided it as well.

From what I see it looks like you are travelling in really bad roads, if that is the case, drive it slowly over these places and you would be able to overcome it. This comes with experience as well.

BTW avoid scraping as it is not good in the long run and may result in premature underbody rusting as the paint gets scraped etc..
Old 16th September 2009, 11:14   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Nice to know that you had a good experience at Chennai Ford, mine has been a mixed experience and they defenitely did not do a good job with a paint touch up.

As for the alignment, did you test the car on the highways. I would not recommend any of the roads in Chennai to test the alignment. Also did Chennai Ford guys confirm that there was an issue with the alignment. If yes how did they fix it.

I tried it in the OMR, I guess this is the same as highways, they confirmed that there was an alignment issue and they corrected it, they gave me report aswell. I did not see how they fixed it.

Till date I have had only 1 instance of the car scraping that too with 5 people onboard when crossing a huge speed breaker in Andhra Pradesh. Again it was my mistake, had I crossed over it slowly I could have avoided it as well.

From what I see it looks like you are travelling in really bad roads, if that is the case, drive it slowly over these places and you would be able to overcome it. This comes with experience as well.

Yes, I have to travel on few roads are screwed up by the heavy trucks, I need to be more cautious, some times we get lethargic to slow down and then we have it.

BTW avoid scraping as it is not good in the long run and may result in premature underbody rusting as the paint gets scraped etc..
Thanks Chillout for your suggestions, wil try to follow it.

By the way, have you fixed the windshield film and if yes, howz it?
Old 16th September 2009, 11:29   #27
BHPian

aravind, about the drifting issue, frankie (frankmehta) also reported the same problem after changing to pp2's from stock but apparently, in his case the drift went away post wheel balancing and alignment. you might want to talk to him about this anyway.

My guess is, the wheel alignment probably was'nt carried to perfection by the dealership! Cannot think otherwise!

Observe the issue for a few more days and if it persists, i would suggest you get it checked at a reputed tyre shop in town!
Old 17th September 2009, 07:47   #28
BHPian

Not yet Aravind, I was busy last week and was not able to make it, also I am awaiting for a call from Raj Agencies and they may match the price that Raamki paid. Once this is confirmed, I will let you know and you could also come over some time to see the car and experience the difference after installing the sunfilm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Thanks Chillout for your suggestions, wil try to follow it.

By the way, have you fixed the windshield film and if yes, howz it?
Old 17th September 2009, 08:19   #29
Senior - BHPian

i suggest you take your car to XL Tyre point in Annanagar and get the wheel balancing and alignment done. you can see them doing the work, and ask any questions that you might have.
Old 17th September 2009, 10:44   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Not yet Aravind, I was busy last week and was not able to make it, also I am awaiting for a call from Raj Agencies and they may match the price that Raamki paid. Once this is confirmed, I will let you know and you could also come over some time to see the car and experience the difference after installing the sunfilm
I am also more inclined towards installing it in my car and keep us posted on the deal when it is finalized.All the best

Most Viewed