Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 10:48   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madan80 View Post
i suggest you take your car to XL Tyre point in Annanagar and get the wheel balancing and alignment done. you can see them doing the work, and ask any questions that you might have.
Thank you Madan, apparently, they have a location at Velacherry which is closer to my home, they quoted 650 (balancing and alignment) I think I will go there this weekend and get it fixed.
Old 17th September 2009, 19:54   #32
BHPian

Guys, i think this is the second car that is having issues with alignment in the past 1 month, we should bring it to the attention of Ford. We are talking about a 7-8 lacs car and hence this is not acceptable. Aravind also had this inspected through the service center.

Aravind I would request you to raise this issue with Ford customer support and you may also want to check with Regional Sales Manager that Shaju mentioned. He seemed to be a nice person and genuinely interested in solving customers issues. I have sent you a PM with his contact number
Old 18th September 2009, 11:54   #33
BHPian

Ford India is Listening

Hi Chillout,

Thank you so much for your inputs. I was able to get in touch with the Ford RSM and then through him I got a call from Mr.Srikanth, who is heading the service. I explained him about the issue, he is of the opinion that tire rotation might help.

And I was asked to take the car to the service station; since MPL Ford is closer to me I opted for it.

I was asked to get in touch with Mr.Vijay from MPL Ford service which I did and I am visiting them tomorrow. Will keep you all posted about the developments.

It’s heartening that Ford India is addressing our concerns quickly. Hope they will fix the issues also effectively.

All credit goes to Team BHP and its members (especially in the Ford community)

P.S: You are right, after paying 7 to 8L, we definitely deserve the best possible and we cannot afford to have these kinds of niggling issues.
Old 22nd September 2009, 07:36   #34
BHPian

Aravind nice to know that Ford RSM addressed your issue and took care of the wheel alignment. I also hope you have changed your seat covers and added the front windscreen shield. Pls post some pics of your seat cover as well
Old 24th September 2009, 17:28   #35
BHPian

Third time lucky

Finally the alignment issue that I had, got fixed.

Chennai Ford tried first it didn’t work

Then, I complained about it to the service manager from Ford, I was asked to go to the MPL ford at velacherry , they interchanged the tires and did the alignment, there was some improvement but still I had the same problem.

Again, I complained to the service manager at Ford, he said that this time he is going to check with his team and let me know and after 15 minutes I got a call from the service guy from MPL Ford at vadapalani inquiring about the problem and asked me to bring my car.

I went there around 4:00 PM, the service guy took the test drive and he agreed that still there is some issue and took the car in. Meanwhile I went for a small break and came back after 30 min, by the time I came back the car was ready and I asked the guy what was the action he took, he said that he flipped the tires and then I took the test drive and it was perfect.

Now it is a pleasure to drive, some times it is annoying to have these kinds of issues in the new car and but it is so much better when there are people who are listening to the customers and taking appropriate action, if Ford continues to serve like this then not many people would complain.

But, this prompts a question, why the problem came in the first place, are the tires not good enough? Or the people who did the quality check at Ford did not do their job, I had this problem right from the day 1 and I realized it very late.

Anyways, I can say that I am a happy customer for the time being and hope it remains this way.

My seat covers are done and it is unfortunate that I am having issues with my camera, I will upload some pics as soon as I get it fixed.

Windshield film is not done yet. I am driving to kanyakumari this week, will update you all about the drive as soon as I come back.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:52   #36
BHPian

Hi Mods,

Can I get the title of my thread changed as below

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and Delivered
Old 20th October 2009, 23:17   #37
BHPian

Photo's of the Car

Guys,

I have uploaded the pics of my car, please bear with me for the picture quality and the delay in uploading it.

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-030-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-031-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-032-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-033-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-034-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-036-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-037-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-038-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-039-large.jpg  

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered-photos-044-large.jpg  

Old 21st October 2009, 10:49   #38
Senior - BHPian

Nice photographs.
How much you paid for the SEat cover?
Any idea going for alloy wheels?
Cheers
Old 21st October 2009, 11:53   #39
BHPian

Thank you, nairrk.

I paid 5000 bucks for the seat cover and stitching

I have plans to go for alloys, but it will take a couple of months for me to get there

Thanks
Old 21st October 2009, 12:05   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Thank you, nairrk.

I paid 5000 bucks for the seat cover and stitching

I have plans to go for alloys, but it will take a couple of months for me to get there

Thanks
Rs 5000 for the seat cover and stitching - does this mean that you have removed the stock seat cover or just put this seat cover on top of the
stock cover?
Is it art leather or vinyl or ..as Rs.5000 seems very cheap.
Vinyl leather seat cover from FORD itself costs Rs.10,500/-
Thanks
Old 21st October 2009, 13:41   #41
BHPian

This seat cover was put on top of the stock seat and hand stiched. The guy assured me that the stock seats will be intact and it took about 4hrs to complete the Job.

I didn't want to replace the stock ones with Art leather as done with Stanley hence opted for this one. This is Art leather, I went for a 2000 kms drive recently and I didnt face any issues.
Old 21st October 2009, 13:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Art leather, including hand stitching at Rs.5000 seems very reasonable.
Thanks
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:37   #43
BHPian

Update after 1st Service at 4100 KMS

Recently completed my 1st service and I have done about 4100 KMS.
The following are the niggles that I complained about,

1. Reverse gear not engaging sometimes (say I am engaging the 1st gear and then with out moving the vehicle if I wanted to engage the reverse) and it would get slotted only after pumping the clutch once again.
2. Slight jerk while shifting gears while releasing the clutch, I think this was more due to my driving rather than the issue with the vehicle, I was wondering if anything can be done to help me out here.
3. Highway mileage not exceeding 13KMPL even though I have read in the forums and heard from the sales guys that it will deliver up to 15KMPL

After Service

1. No oil change was done at it is done only at 10K/6 months
2. The car wash got done and they did a decent job as it was very messy after my long drive to Kanyakumari.
3. Service coordinator told me that some adjustment was done for the clutch.
4. Regarding the mileage, the guy says around 13KMPL on highway is what we can expect out of this vehicle.
5. As far as my complaint number 1, he said that it is normal and I am still not sure if it is true, fiesta owners can you please comment on this.
After the service the Jerk during the gear shift is gone, it could be possible that my driving has improved (was driving automatics for 6 years).

I wasn’t charged anything for the service.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:59   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Reverse gear not engaging sometimes (say I am engaging the 1st gear and then with out moving the vehicle if I wanted to engage the reverse) and it would get slotted only after pumping the clutch once again.
I didnt get what you actually meant here. I never had any issue with reverse gear and not even heard of someone commenting about it. Why should you go to the 1st gear if your intention is reversing ? My parking slot has 2 beams ahead, so I can never go ahead while taking the car for a drive. Only option is reversing, so far its smooth.
Old 23rd October 2009, 13:19   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
I didnt get what you actually meant here. I never had any issue with reverse gear and not even heard of someone commenting about it. Why should you go to the 1st gear if your intention is reversing ? My parking slot has 2 beams ahead, so I can never go ahead while taking the car for a drive. Only option is reversing, so far its smooth.
What I meant is, sometimes, although the intention is to reverse the car the subconcious mind slots the 1st gear and then if I tried to engage the reverse gear with out moving the car,it wouldn't engage (some times only), hope I am clearer this time.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks