Team-BHP - Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/61181-fiesta-zxi-booked-chennai-awaiting-delivery-july-9th-edit-delivered-4.html)

I got your point, the best solution will be, come back to a 100% conscious level before even getting into the driver seat ! That should solve the issue once and for all.:)

Good that Ford is addressing the issues instantly. Seat covers are good & VFM.

See if you can find a Fiesta-sports alloys in any of the accessories,really looks good.
How abt adding spoiler to it?

The Fiesta-Sports alloys are of 15"- According to my dealer this is not recommended for Zxi variant. The better one will be alloys of SXi(14") - I am going for it.Regarding reverse gear stuck - I too never had this problem so far!Thanks

@Ramsagar, I will wait for couple of more months before upgrading to alloys and spoiler, definitely they are on the cards.

Regarding reverse gear stuck - I too never had this problem so far!Thanks[/quote]

I will get hold of the service guys when my car is due for the next service to address this issue, now that I have a solid proof as none you guys are facing this issue. It is annoying some times:Frustrati.

Guys need your suggestion,

Got a call from my dealer on the extended warranty, the 4th year costs about 4550 Rs. Is it worth going for this?

I took 3rd and 4th year EW at Rs.8300/-
May be, I got some discount since I took 2 year EW together.

It may be worth because most of the problem starts after 3 year running
and this EW may help that time incase if any spare part change, which may
otherwise cost more?

(so, on delivery you have taken only the 3rd year EW?)

Sure I will take your advice, sir.

(so, on delivery you have taken only the 3rd year EW?)[/quote]

Yes, on delivery I got it only up to the 3rd year and I was told that I can get the 4th year before the 10th month.

It has been only four months now, after I did the post, I again got a call from them saying that I have to wait for couple of more months before I opt for the 4th year as the 3rd year warranty is not yet updated at Ford (weird :Shockked:).

I would suggest that you take it. I took the 3rd year EW. Yet to receive the certificate from Ford. Will take 45-60 days apparently. Or Maybe even more than 120 days going by your case. I will most probably be taking the 4th as well.

Yes, on delivery I got it only up to the 3rd year and I was told that I can get the 4th year before the 10th month.

I again got a call from them saying that I have to wait for couple of more months before I opt for the 4th year as the 3rd year warranty is not yet updated at Ford (weird :Shockked:).[/quote]
+

This is rubbish what your dealer is talking.:Shockked:

Ford has no such conditions, infact they are happy to sell the warranty for 4 years straightaway.
Anyway it is no point in arguing with the dealer now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1545875)
The Fiesta-Sports alloys are of 15"- According to my dealer this is not recommended for Zxi variant.

Why so? Something to do with ride height??stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilead (Post 1602549)
I would suggest that you take it. I took the 3rd year EW. Yet to receive the certificate from Ford. Will take 45-60 days apparently. Or Maybe even more than 120 days going by your case. I will most probably be taking the 4th as well.

+
Ford wont delay in despatching the EW certificates.
It depends on the dealer how fast the money remitted to ford a/c.

I have paid the EW money to the dealer on 26th sept.
Ford prepared the certificate dated 14th October, which was then forwarded to the dealer who then sent the same to me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiku007 (Post 1602587)
Why so? Something to do with ride height??stupid:

The tyre/wheel size are different.

EXi,ZXI,SXI variants have 14'' wheels and the Tyre size is 175/65 R14 whereas S has got 15'' wheels and tyre 195 /55 R15

@Gilead, yes I have decided to go for the 4th year as well.

@nairrk, its possible that some thing is messed up, let me talk to the dealer and get some insight on the EW.

@aravind, if I remember correctly, as for ford ikon manual, you should wait for a couple of seconds before engaging the reverse gear from any other gear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nairrk (Post 1602603)
+
Ford wont delay in despatching the EW certificates.
It depends on the dealer how fast the money remitted to ford a/c.

I have paid the EW money to the dealer on 26th sept.
Ford prepared the certificate dated 14th October, which was then forwarded to the dealer who then sent the same to me.

@nair sir,

I am yet to receive the EW (3rd+4th) certificate. it seems that Ford records are not updated for issuing EW in my case as per the dealer although the dealer claims to have sent the relevant documents to Ford, Chennai. I have been following up with the dealer in this regards. Finally I wrote to custmail@ford.com and got a reply immediately saying they will be doing the needful. Will contact the dealer today if he has got the same. Maybe this is coz the EW was offered in place of corporate discount of 10K
Does the EW come with Road Side assistance also or RSA is to be take seperately. If so at what cost??