Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2010, 11:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Then, why you want to change the insurance company. I heard that Bajaj Allianz is giving good service.
Suggest stick to them, unless someone else give a decent discount on premium?
Old 24th June 2010, 11:53   #77
BHPian

@ghodlur

Wow, thats good mile crunching you did. Mine has completed 7.5K kms in 7 months, maybe I'll reach your figure in another 4 months time

Thank you and I think at this rate you will beat my figure

Me too getting the same mileage range.

I think majority of them are getting around the same mileage except few who reported around 9 or 10KMPL

Pls do so, I started doing this since last couple of fills. Would suggest you to use IFTEX-G

Is this same as system G?
Old 24th June 2010, 13:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
Now, my insurance expires on 14th July and I am planning to renew it with Bajaj Allianz again, they are quoting 13,150. I am not sure if this is a good quote and I am in a dilemma whether to go with the Bajaj Allianz or to find better quotes from other providers. The thing that I am concerned about is, say if I opt for another insurance provider would the claim processing be as smooth as Bajaj, since Ford has a tie up with Bajaj.
Get a quote from Iffco Tokio. They have a cashless tie up with Ford. If the difference is only marginal, stick with Bajaj Allianz. I have claimed insurance from BA and it was very smooth. Avoid ICICI at all costs.
Old 25th September 2010, 11:08   #79
BHPian

Issues with high/low beam

Lately I am facing issues with my high and low beam, I am able to go to highbean with one flick but the to go from high beam to low beam I have to make multiple attempts, any one has faced similar issue? it is unbelieveable that these kind of problems crop up in a year old car.

BTW, I have done close to 15K KMS and on a recent long drive from Bangalore to Chennai, I got about 17KMPL of shell petrol. I was driving sedately 100-110KPH and used the AC occasionally.

The car has settled down nicely except for the above issue.
Old 25th September 2010, 11:12   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lately I am facing issues with my high and low beam, I am able to go to highbean with one flick but the to go from high beam to low beam I have to make multiple attempts, any one has faced similar issue? it is unbelieveable that these kind of problems crop up in a year old car.
I encountered a situation once when I thought the hi/ low beam was not working. A little later I realized that I was driving with the fogs and parking lights on .

Never had an issue thereafter.
Old 28th September 2010, 07:45   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lately I am facing issues with my high and low beam, I am able to go to highbean with one flick but the to go from high beam to low beam I have to make multiple attempts, any one has faced similar issue?
I haven't faced any issue till date regarding the high and low beams in my about to be completed one year ownership. Although at times I felt the low beam needs to be still more powerful when I was driving on some real poorly lit roads.

I am sure you must getting the hi beam indication on the dashboard. One flick and the beam changes to low beam.

@Vnabhi - Does it mean that hi/low beams effectiveness is reduced when fog lamps and parking lamps are on.
Old 28th September 2010, 10:45   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
I haven't faced any issue till date regarding the high and low beams in my about to be completed one year ownership. Although at times I felt the low beam needs to be still more powerful when I was driving on some real poorly lit roads.

I am sure you must getting the hi beam indication on the dashboard. One flick and the beam changes to low beam.

@Vnabhi - Does it mean that hi/low beams effectiveness is reduced when fog lamps and parking lamps are on.
Nope. What I was saying was that I was driving in twilight with the fogs on, and after a while, when it got darker, I wanted to switch to high-beam, without realising that my headlights were not on.

So a flick backwards lit up the blue hi-beam light on the console for a second till I released the stalk. But I could not see much of the road ahead. So another flick on the stalk and still the same result.

It was only after a few seconds that I realised that I needed to switch on my headlamps. I was deceived by that blue light's flash on the speedo that comes on when the high beam is on----it also comes on when you pull the stalk back to warn oncoming traffic, and for that to happen the lights need not be switched on.

Hope you got the message now. I do not see any corelation between the fogs and the intensity of the headlamps.
Old 28th September 2010, 11:11   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Ditto- The low beam is not effective on the dim lit roads when the oncoming traffic does not have to lower their beam.

Most of the drivers feel it is a show of power or are ignorant and drive on high beams (This is already been discussed in other threads )

So I am straining my eyes to see the road as the oncoming traffic tried to blind me + the poor low beam of fiesta. My head is spinning and wanting to throw some high beam on the oncoming traffic's face.

I have not faced any problem with the transition from high to low. The swithch handle works perfect since a year.
Old 16th December 2010, 10:27   #84
BHPian

I had rectified the issue with my headlights, it was due to a faulty switch and Ford replaced the switch under warranty and all is fine with the headlights. But, my fiesta has developed some snag off late, I am getting a squeaking noise from the front, I am not sure if it is from the shocks or from the steering wheel itself when traveling over bad roads, anyone having similar kind of problem?
Old 16th December 2010, 11:34   #85
Senior - BHPian

Re: Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered

BY faulty switch are you referring to the light stalk behind the steering wheel or the rotary switch for switching on the head lamps. What was the fault identified?

Lately I have been getting a squeaking noise from the rear door side, but I think I know the source of this noise. Should be the hand brake cable going loose again from its slot. Had this issue earlier also and the noise is very much similar.
Old 16th December 2010, 12:26   #86
BHPian

Re: Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered

Quote:
BY faulty switch are you referring to the light stalk behind the steering wheel or the rotary switch for switching on the head lamps. What was the fault identified?
It is not the stalk, it could be the rotary switch but I am not too sure as I was not allowed to go past their waiting lounge.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 17th December 2010 at 18:04. Reason: Fixed the quote tags.
Old 17th December 2010, 09:11   #87
BHPian

People may not agree with my observations, but based on my personal experience Ford parts are definitely inferior quality. Take this for example, I have a 2001 Matiz and I have not had any issues with the power windows, whereas with my Ford I have already experienced problems a couple of times over the last yr.

Apart from that the vibrations and squeaks are more prominent as the vehicle ages, how come a Honda city does not have any of this issue even for a 8 yr old vehicle. Some of you may say maintenance/driving style , I never abuse my vehicle and am very careful over bad roads, infact I don't take my car out in the rains, use my Matiz for such conditions

In terms of control and driving, there is no second car out there that is close to the Fiesta, however the nagging issues take away the pleasure of driving. Will I buy another Ford...? Well all of you should know the answer by now
Old 18th December 2010, 17:47   #88
BHPian

The squeaking sound that was coming from the front wheels got fixed, as per the service rep due to driving on the bad road/under body impact there is a slight mis alignment in the bar that connects both the front wheels, Ford charged me Rs.132 to fix this.
Old 26th December 2010, 09:02   #89
BHPian

I have completed my 30K service two days back although my vehicle has done only 16K. The service charges came to Rs.3100. I had to change my Wiper blades that cost me 500 bucks. I had raised the complaint on the krr krr sound that I used to get
when engaging the reverse gear, this has been rectified and the car is as smooth as ever.
Old 11th May 2013, 13:23   #90
BHPian

Issue With Wiper Blade in Fiesta

I am having frequent issues with my wiper blades, Ford charges Rs.800 for replacing it and it doesnt last long (not even 3 months) when I raised this complaint I was told that when the car is parked in the sun for long the rubber melts and the blades become irregular and subsequent improper cleaning of the windshield when they are engaged.

I really suspect the quality here, arent they (Ford) supposed to use the materials which are supposed to with stand our climatic conditions for a decent amount of time? after all cars are designed to run on the roads withstading the heat and not to be kept under cold storage.

I came across an online store (//www.vicky.in) selling Bosh wiper blades for Fiesta at cheaper price (Rs.500), have any one purchased from these sites, and will these products suite our vehicles or should we purchase these from Ford only? and will we be able to fix it by ourselves?

Can the Bhpians help me with your suggestions? please

Last edited by aravinrd : 11th May 2013 at 13:28. Reason: Added few more lines

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks