Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2009, 20:19   #1
BHPian

Fiesta Zxi booked in Chennai and awaiting delivery on July 9th EDIT: Delivered

I have booked Fiesta Zxi (Petrol) in chennai,I was promised the delivery on July 9th. Today I went and saw the vehicle that was marked for me.

I think I need to buy a seat cover, is it better to get it from Ford or should I get it from som where else?what are the other essential accesories

Also, is it possible to have this car run on gas kit

looking forward for your suggestions, thanks in advance
Old 5th July 2009, 03:21   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Hey man,

Congratulations on the purchase.
Very honestly speaking, converting the vehicle in LPG/CNG is possible, but it will add to the costs (getting a good reliable conversion), void the warranty, lower the resale, lower the performance. If you want a high mileage car, it would be better to change to diesel. Also, the diesel would make up for its higher cost with a higher resale value.

Apart from that, seat covers would be good add-on. However, instead of getting it from Ford, it would be cheaper to get it from outside.
Also, I would recommend changing to slightly wider tyres as the braking and grip on the stock ones are horrible. Look at 185/60R14 tyres on the stock rims.

Apart from that, the car is absolutely perfect and fully loaded.

Have fun driving her and do post some pics when you get her.
Old 5th July 2009, 17:42   #3
BHPian

Congratulations bro.
Please don't think of getting LPG/CNG fitted in your Fiesta, you will loose on the fun at the wheel. Also fitting a LPG/CNG in a brand new ford is not a good idea.
If you had this in mind before then I think you should have gone for a Accent Executive, in which the CNG fittment doesn't even void the warranty.
Cheers.
Old 5th July 2009, 21:19   #4
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Aravinrd!

The seat covers, look through TBHP for seat covers in Chennai and you will find a lot of people who have done their seat covers from external vendors. They look amazing when you look at the fit and finish and you have a choice on the colours to choose on the seat covers.

The LPG/CNG on the Fiesta is a bad idea at the moment.

+1 to Lamborghini!
Throw the stock tires and get BS ER-60/Michelin XM1+/Yokohama tires. Stick to the OEM size since the dealer might mumble about your warranty getting void!
Old 6th July 2009, 09:30   #5
BHPian

Thank you all of you for your valuable suggestions, since I am yet to take the delivery , I think I will give it a try with the diesel version today, I will drive about 1200 kms a month so I am little bit confused at the moment (performance vs economy) and I am also worried about the maintenace cost on diesel. Can any one guide me in getting a seat cover from external vendor in Chennai.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:06   #6
BHPian

I took the delivery yesterday and I drove it from the dealer ship to my home and it was a nice experience.

In the dealership the guys who is incharge of the accesories says that they have a special film that costs 5600 Rs for the Wind shield alone and he says that it reduces the glare that we get on highway drives by 50%, it is worth it? I wanted to know your suggestions, help me out please
Old 16th July 2009, 14:34   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey Congrats Aravind,
From which dealer you delivered your car?Chennai Ford,Amanjikarai?
Whether it's Diesel or Petrol?
where you put up in chennai?
Try to post some pictures.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I took the delivery yesterday and I drove it from the dealer ship to my home and it was a nice experience.

In the dealership the guys who is incharge of the accesories says that they have a special film that costs 5600 Rs for the Wind shield alone and he says that it reduces the glare that we get on highway drives by 50%, it is worth it? I wanted to know your suggestions, help me out please
I got Garware Ice Cool film installed on my windscreen for Rs 2900. It is good. Rs 5600 seems to be high. What brand is it?

BTW, congrats on your new car!
Old 16th July 2009, 14:48   #9
BHPian

congrats on the car buddy. Do post some pics.

vnabhi,
Howz the performance of garware icecool sheild?

- Any change in visibility in day and night?
- Any noticeable heat reduction?
- Is there anti-glare so that oncoming vehicle high-beam doesn't affect you?
Old 16th July 2009, 14:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new car ! You are lucky to have it in 10 days. I am waiting since 24th June and its expected only on 23rd July (yes 1 month). You have a serious responsibility when you are a member of team-bhp. Those are;

1) Post details of the variant, color, on-road cost, discounts etc. ASAP
2) Post as many photos as possible in different angles
3) Upgrades in mind or dream, whatever it is, share it here
4) Give your clear first-hand impressions, tips to potential buyes of Fiesta etc.

I think thats enough for the time being. You are going to love the 1.6 engine for sure. Now please follow the above points, you will become part of the flow over here. If you have some money left, please mention the figure, we will help you to decide on upgrades too ! Have fun !
Old 17th July 2009, 22:58   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Hey Congrats Aravind,
From which dealer you delivered your car?Chennai Ford,Amanjikarai?
Whether it's Diesel or Petrol?
where you put up in chennai?
Try to post some pictures.
Yes Karthik, I got it from Chennai ford, Amanjikari, they offered me a price that is 5K less than MPL ford.

I took the petrol version Zxi

Yes I am in chennai-Adambakkam

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I got Garware Ice Cool film installed on my windscreen for Rs 2900. It is good. Rs 5600 seems to be high. What brand is it?

BTW, congrats on your new car!
I am not planning for this now, yeah 5600 seems little high. I am not sure about the brand I am going there tomorrow I will update it after that

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats on the new car ! You are lucky to have it in 10 days. I am waiting since 24th June and its expected only on 23rd July (yes 1 month). You have a serious responsibility when you are a member of team-bhp. Those are;

1) Post details of the variant, color, on-road cost, discounts etc. ASAP
2) Post as many photos as possible in different angles
3) Upgrades in mind or dream, whatever it is, share it here
4) Give your clear first-hand impressions, tips to potential buyes of Fiesta etc.

I think thats enough for the time being. You are going to love the 1.6 engine for sure. Now please follow the above points, you will become part of the flow over here. If you have some money left, please mention the figure, we will help you to decide on upgrades too ! Have fun !
Hi Sajufx,

I got the platinum gold and the on road (chennai ) price is 7.06 out of which I can get accesoried worth 6K. I got discounts on insurance (26K) and corporate discount (15K)

As of now I am not planning for any upgrades, may be I will do some after few months. But, I am looking for some seat covers, need some suggestions here.

I will definitely post some pictures, I havent driven the car much (only 15 Kms so far), will share more as I drive more.

I saw your other post, I hope you will get it ontime this time

Hope I was able to help with the info to some extent

Last edited by Jaggu : 17th July 2009 at 23:12. Reason: Use multiquote please.
Old 19th July 2009, 12:55   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
I havent driven the car much (only 15 Kms so far), will share more as I drive more.
15 kms so far ? Hope you are not missing a zero here !
I did a 30 kms on the TD car itself. So I assume it will cross 100 kms in the first week itself in my case. Not that I drive everyday, but waiting for it a month and the much-anticipated excitement and comfort of driving, I am just dying to get it. By the way, I drive over 200kms everyday in my sleep, although I get very disturbed sleeps throughout this waiting period.

Your comments are highly appreciated. In Bangalore I am getting almost similar package, so nothing to complain. Until they launch another face-lifted version, we should be happy. Post photos as soon as possible.
Old 7th August 2009, 09:31   #13
BHPian

It’s three weeks since I got my car and I have driven about 400 KMS so far and it has been a pleasant experience, I am driving it sedately and never exceeded 90 KMPH in top gear. Even at that speed it feels like I am commuting at 20 or 30 KMS that it the beauty of the car and the breaking is immaculate too, today morning I had to do a hard breaking and never once I got a feel that the car is not going to stop (even though is for some seconds only).

I did a tank full only once so far and it is yet to bottom out, I have driven 206 KMS after the tank full and the DTE meter shows 371 KMS, as per this the current mileage is 12.82, I know this may not be accurate at least this can be considered as a pointer. I also used the system G during the tank fill. This not in perfect city /highway conditions it is in between these two.

I have one minor issue though, while shifting gears I am hearing a click sound and I do feel a jerk, is this is due to my driving? Or some thing needs to be adjusted in the vehicle.

Looking forward for your suggestions.

Last edited by Jaggu : 7th August 2009 at 10:18. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please preview before posting and avoid using external font editors. Thanks
Old 17th August 2009, 17:31   #14
BHPian

I have a quick update guys on the mileage, for 32.4 liters of petrol, it has done 380 kms that comes to 11.72KMPL, I hope it would increase as it runs more especially after the 1st service.
Old 18th August 2009, 14:58   #15
BHPian

hi aravind,

did you get the sunfilm done? which brand and what price?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks