Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:15   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
nice vehicle, however comes with its own problems esp or service center and backup from the company.

How did the car perform on steep inclines ? Changed Alpine ? I thought alpine was the best.
Steep inclines were not a problem at all, it pulled along very well indeed. Only thing was need to drop down to lower gear and in my case that was from 3rd to 2nd gear. I only needed to drop down to 1st gear when I completely lost momentum and rpm fell below 1k.

As think of my experience with the vehicle, there is no complain that I have with engine so far. It could do better with some sound deadening for sure.

Alpine - no problem with Alpine at all, its just that I wanted USB and bluetooth. However stock speakers for not top-notch but adequate.

Only gripe I have is - TASS and interface it provides. All the problems I have listed or faced can be solved by pleasant/problem solving/ customer caring attitude of TASS.. i.e. if they care enough.

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 9th July 2009 at 17:24.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:17   #17
Senior - BHPian

it is , but a basic one. not enough pre outs etc
Old 9th July 2009, 17:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaxy View Post
pic 7 - panel gap on tail gate is a potential rattler. it took me a long time to pin point that issue. If possible dampen that gap with some filler material.

I have been thinking of dealing with all such gaps and possible rattler joints with Silicon gel or whatever its called used to seal window joints etc.

Is it workable or any other ideas?
Old 9th July 2009, 17:46   #19
BANNED

Can the Safari ever improve??

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
I have been thinking of dealing with all such gaps and possible rattler joints with Silicon gel or whatever its called used to seal window joints etc.

Is it workable or any other ideas?
I have been a big fan of the Safari since its TCIC days when I had the chance to drive one for 300kms on all sorts of roads but have avoided buying it due to such niggling issues that are ominously present in the truck. Brand new vehicles costing over 8 lacs just cannot be of the current Safari standards.

God, help me get it off my heart.....
Old 9th July 2009, 18:27   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I have been a big fan of the Safari since its TCIC days when I had the chance to drive one for 300kms on all sorts of roads but have avoided buying it due to such niggling issues that are ominously present in the truck. Brand new vehicles costing over 8 lacs just cannot be of the current Safari standards.

God, help me get it off my heart.....

Just to clarify - I haven't faced any rattling as yet - this is just a plan to mitigate any potential rattling points
Old 10th July 2009, 09:30   #21
BANNED

Pro Active Repairs I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Just to clarify - I haven't faced any rattling as yet - this is just a plan to mitigate any potential rattling points
I m glad that you havent faced any rattling so far in your Safari. I was trying to draw your attention about the various mitigation points that you have mentioned.
In my opinion, and I d love your views on this, doesnt it still feel like the old days when people used to buy Ambassadors and Mahindra jeeps and then go to a local mechanic straight from the showroom to get the "mandatory strengthening" done on the vehicles..

Buying an SuV costing around 9-12 lacs (depending on the version) and then looking for potential points of failure, finding them so easily, and then trying out ways and means to nullify/mitigate/avoid the damage that they are likely to cause...is it not an example of poor manufacturing quality inspite of manufacturing the same body shell for more than 10 years now??
This is what puts me off at times...
Old 10th July 2009, 18:51   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I m glad that you havent faced any rattling so far in your Safari. I was trying to draw your attention about the various mitigation points that you have mentioned.
In my opinion, and I d love your views on this, doesnt it still feel like the old days when people used to buy Ambassadors and Mahindra jeeps and then go to a local mechanic straight from the showroom to get the "mandatory strengthening" done on the vehicles..
:-) It reminds me that in 80s we used buy new shoes and then immediately put new soles on them to make them long lasting.

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 10th July 2009 at 19:00.
Old 11th July 2009, 20:39   #23
BHPian

Engine Oil - Change at First Service

I just noted that Engine oil is supposed to be changed at first service as per the service schedule of Safari Dicor 2.2.

In my first service - neither oil was changed and neither I was asked !!!

TATA - Do you guys do anything right? Sales, Service, Support, Customer care? Shame on you guys - everyone...I am going to give you big time this time on Monday - how many follow ups do I need to do to ensure you guys do your job, for whatever you are paid to do.
Old 12th July 2009, 07:21   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Vivek. The official oil change interval is 15K kms. I would however do the first one at about 5K at my own cost and then at 10K. Beyond that you can follow the 15K guidelines.
Old 12th July 2009, 08:37   #25
Senior - BHPian

The servicing intervals of latest batches of 2.2 have changed 4x4addict

They stand @ 1,5,15,30,45 all in all 5 free services.

Here is the excerpt from my 2.2 manual

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1362446

Vivek, strange they didnt change the oil, when they were supposed to. I showed the works manager the booklet and insisted to carry on work as per the new - manual and not their old manual
Old 12th July 2009, 11:36   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
The servicing intervals of latest batches of 2.2 have changed 4x4addict

They stand @ 1,5,15,30,45 all in all 5 free services.

Here is the excerpt from my 2.2 manual

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1362446

Vivek, strange they didnt change the oil, when they were supposed to. I showed the works manager the booklet and insisted to carry on work as per the new - manual and not their old manual
Something is not right, either there's a misprint or you have an old manual. They are recommending Fuel filter change also at 1-1.5k run,/ 1st service. I have seen a Service bulletin circular myself for fuel filter change at 30k kms only. Rahul, can you check with the CS again and clarify.
Old 12th July 2009, 13:53   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Something is not right, either there's a misprint or you have an old manual. They are recommending Fuel filter change also at 1-1.5k run,/ 1st service. I have seen a Service bulletin circular myself for fuel filter change at 30k kms only. Rahul, can you check with the CS again and clarify.
My Bad.. I missed it..
Fuel Filter change at every service, i think may be a misprint. But yes i would confirm that.

on the lighter note.. paisa kamane ka accha tarika hai

Vivek, since yours is also new one can you please confirm the same from your manual ?
Old 12th July 2009, 14:09   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulk76 View Post
My Bad.. I missed it..
Fuel Filter change at every service, i think may be a misprint. But yes i would confirm that.

on the lighter note.. paisa kamane ka accha tarika hai

Vivek, since yours is also new one can you please confirm the same from your manual ?

As per the manual - Oil change in every service, and fuel filter in all services except first service.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:44   #29
BHPian

Update:

1. Ayush Motors closed today, so couldn't speak to anyone regarding no oil change on first service.

2. Sound proofing and sound deadening from Wurth - Was told by sterling that positively-2, I will have quote today and they will collect the vehicle as it is 3-4 hours...didn't hear from them again.

3. No confirmation so far if the vehicle has been registered with TATA CRM yet?

4. Wrote couple of emails to TATA - no responde, wrote complaint on customer care - got auto reply and nothing else !

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO - I AM AT WITS END
Old 14th July 2009, 00:04   #30
Team-BHP Support

If you want to get some stuff fixed in your vehicle, make a trip to gurgaon. Autolinks behind Sheetla mata mandir
I think you need to get some small things fixed.
Give either mine or Suman's reference(though I think they recognize my name more as ) and they will work extra hard.
There is a service advisor by the name of Guru, give him my reference(PB number 4x4 safari which broke down in himachal), get oil change done, infact get first service done. If its not in the CRM system you are still entitled to free service. Considering they did not do the first service properly , you need to get one dine

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks