Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 16:08   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
going by the experiences most owners (esp for 2.2) seem to be having, the highlighted part seems to be a bit of an oxymoron, does it not!
I cannot agree more with you Himanshu. But since it is a good automobile overall with a high level of adrenaline packed into it, it still commands a big fan following.

Also, I believe that patience and perseverance are 2 great tools that are seldom fail.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:13   #62
BHPian

Update July 17

As I predicted no call from TATA Gurgaon office, even though I have give complete description of the problem and number and I was told that I would get the call first thing in the morning.

Nevertheless I called up again today at 4 pm - Spoke to Karun Grover, Support Manager. He was kind enough to have listened to me at length.

1. He mentioned that I may be having old service booklet and workshop has correct details on service intervals. i.e. only oil top-ups till 15k km. No other oil change is required.

2. Oil required is Castrol GTD ! When i pressed that its a lower spec oil then what service book mentions, he mentioned he will check.

3. On vehicle registration thing - he mentioned that he will pass on the info back to Navneet

4. On service issue/getting sound deading sheet installed - I would get a call from service center shortly.

thats it - I don't expect anyone will come back and there are no time commitements in any case.

Strangly - there has not been a single email response to all emails/fax that I have sent so far. These guys are just waiting for ppl to call them over and over again and then they will see what they can do !

Brilliant strategy - no accountability at all

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 17th July 2009 at 16:15.
Old 17th July 2009, 16:14   #63
Team-BHP Support

As for oil change, lots of safari 2.2s do not get oil change at first service, so I guess you are okay, since Tata has not made any engine changes.
As for the vehicle not in CRM its surprising. Keep calling them up and asking them for status.

As for niggles and rattles, they are the part and parcel of safari ownership. Do not sweat too much about them, and focus on the big issues. Since for 2 months your car is running fine, its good!
Old 17th July 2009, 16:51   #64
Senior - BHPian

What is your next course of action Vivek ?

Or will you keep calling them and mailing them again and again when nothing is happening.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:17   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
What is your next course of action Vivek ?

Or will you keep calling them and mailing them again and again when nothing is happening.
Thats what I am doing at the moment i.e. calling and emailing them again and again like a manic

I intend to send them legal notice for deficiency in service by the end of the month, I have spoken to a lawyer. I am also speaking to a friend in one of the newspaper to start a series on how does these guys take us for a ride ! Though not sure at this point in having secured the buy-in at the right level yet..but I am working on it.

Any other ideas, I am all ears...
Old 17th July 2009, 17:27   #66
BANNED

Dont go to court yet...Stay away from lawyers esp...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek.singh.73 View Post
Any other ideas, I am all ears...
How about paying a physical visit to the Regional office in your state. The dealer should be able to tell where it is. I know it is not your job as a customer but I feel it should help. Go there with a couple of days at your disposal and I m quite sure you will get somewhere.
I have seen enough of Indian courts and lawyers. No lawyer will tell you that you will be at a loss if you file a case. They will show you big dreams and support them with live examples as well.
But please be very careful as once the issue goes to court, even the manufacturer may become even more passive. I may sound like a coward but I believe in getting my issues resolved rather than fighting over them.

Meet people at the Regional Office personally and it should certainly help.
Old 17th July 2009, 17:56   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
How about paying a physical visit to the Regional office in your state. The dealer should be able to tell where it is. I know it is not your job as a customer but I feel it should help. Go there with a couple of days at your disposal and I m quite sure you will get somewhere.
I have seen enough of Indian courts and lawyers. No lawyer will tell you that you will be at a loss if you file a case. They will show you big dreams and support them with live examples as well.
But please be very careful as once the issue goes to court, even the manufacturer may become even more passive. I may sound like a coward but I believe in getting my issues resolved rather than fighting over them.

Meet people at the Regional Office personally and it should certainly help.
Hi The TATA regional office here is in Gurgaon, cool 45km from where I am and effectively speaking considering the traffic situation we have in NCR. It means that whole day would be spent in just visiting them once.

I am all prepared for it, but not sure at this point if anyone really sits in that office.
Old 17th July 2009, 18:06   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I intend to send them legal notice for deficiency in service by the end of the month, I have spoken to a lawyer. I am also speaking to a friend in one of the newspaper to start a series on how does these guys take us for a ride !
yeah do it as this continuous mailing is not yielding any fruit and it might be very irritating for you to post the same updates every second day on the thread.

Eagerly looking for some resolution.

cheers
Old 17th July 2009, 20:17   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... Automobile Sterling - these guys are still chasing Wurth and meeting them every week to figure out how much would it cost
Not sure if you looked at the bottom of this web page. rates are mentioned here:

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Anti-rust Treatments

Quote:
The issues I have are
1. CRM/backend
2. First service , does it require oil change or not, and which oil?
3. Minor points, ac vent loose, screw missing etc.
My car too was not in TML's CRM record till first service. But my dealer BuB, Pune handled it very professionally. I did not have to pay for service. They settled and closed the job card once the CRM was updated. No hassles for me.

I insisted for oil change and got it. It is paid anyway, so TASS should not object. Do it for peace of mind. When you invested >10 big ones for the car, spending another 2k for oil change is peanuts.

Quote:
The problem with these guys (TATA) is that they just don't respond
I am surprised with your experience. I had a totally opposite experience with them. I sent out a single mail from their website and they replied same day and their Pune Customer Care Manager followed up as well and shared his mobile number with me. I found him a true gentleman to talk and deal with.

I shortlisted everything I liked about the car + highlighted other things that I didn't like and sent them a "feedback-cum-complaint" mail as a first-hand new owner experience. TML appreciated this constuctive feedback very much and sent me a "Tata Motors" T-Shirt and a 2009 Desktop calendar as a token of appreciation .

Yes there were minor niggles, like missing vent caps, 4x4 decals, torn gear lever boot cover leather etc- most of these have been fixed in last 4 months or so. Yes I had to visit TASS about 4 times so far.... but, my experience with their responsiveness and courtesy has been extremely satisfying.

Probably I am just fortunate or, western region customer service team of TML is better... not sure!

-BJ
Old 17th July 2009, 20:58   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Not sure if you looked at the bottom of this web page. rates are mentioned here:

Tata Motors Customer Care :: Anti-rust Treatments

I know as that was the source for me to get this job done at TATA workshop. I had pointed that out to workshop on day one but they still want to cross check before they accept the vehicle for work. Today I rcvd a call from the automobile sterling workshop and he did all he could do to convince me not to go for this work.

And funny thing its been 2.5 Months, and they giving one reason or another to postpone to another week...Wurth guy is coming, he is not coming, we have called his boss, etc.

My car too was not in TML's CRM record till first service. But my dealer BuB, Pune handled it very professionally. I did not have to pay for service. They settled and closed the job card once the CRM was updated. No hassles for me.

I insisted for oil change and got it. It is paid anyway, so TASS should not object. Do it for peace of mind. When you invested >10 big ones for the car, spending another 2k for oil change is peanuts.

I am surprised with your experience. I had a totally opposite experience with them. I sent out a single mail from their website and they replied same day and their Pune Customer Care Manager followed up as well and shared his mobile number with me. I found him a true gentleman to talk and deal with.

I shortlisted everything I liked about the car + highlighted other things that I didn't like and sent them a "feedback-cum-complaint" mail as a first-hand new owner experience. TML appreciated this constuctive feedback very much and sent me a "Tata Motors" T-Shirt and a 2009 Desktop calendar as a token of appreciation .

Yes there were minor niggles, like missing vent caps, 4x4 decals, torn gear lever boot cover leather etc- most of these have been fixed in last 4 months or so. Yes I had to visit TASS about 4 times so far.... but, my experience with their responsiveness and courtesy has been extremely satisfying.

Probably I am just fortunate or, western region customer service team of TML is better... not sure!

-BJ
I am glad you had a pleasant experience with TATA customer care, it seems that for every region other then North they have sorted it out.

When I sent out email to their website, I received a call from local dealer asking " do you want to buy Vista?", I said "No" - then why did you send an email to TATA ! and phone slammed down !!! Lol

Though Auyush Motors- workshop where I got the first service done, they have been following up with me whether I got any answer from TATA abt whether oil needs to be changed in first service and which oil? As per the circular available with them it say Castrol GTD. No wonder since Support Manager at Gurgaon also said the same thing- which I knwo is factually incorrect. When I told him the oil specs and why this is a wrong engine oil for Safari 2.2. He backed out and said, I will check - so much for regional support manager and advisories to workshop.

So overall, it seems this TATA service malaise is restricted to North Region.

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 17th July 2009 at 21:02.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:04   #71
BANNED

Try this address if you feel like...

Quote:
It means that whole day would be spent in just visiting them once.
I m pretty sure that one visit of yours may not accomplish much and you may need to stay back or go there early in the morning to catch the sales team before they head out for the day, in case it is a total sales office. I feel that you may find some senior staff members there.

The only reason I am insisting on this is to avoid beating around the bush and trying to solve the issue by getting on top of it. I was able to get this Parliament Street address if it helps you:

Tata Motors
Mr Ravi Kant,Mr Rakesh Gupta

+(91)-(11)-23341254, 23341435, 23742530, 23344334

5,1st Flr,Jeevan Tara Bldg, Sansad Mg, Parliament St, Delhi - 110001

You could probably go there as well in case it is closer.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:14   #72
Senior - BHPian

My 2 cents buddy:
Drive your Safari without bothering to run around to anyone or anywhere. You have done your bit by shooting emails and calls everywhere. Now sit back and enjoy driving your truck.
When its time for service or any issue crops up take it to the TASS. If anything has to be replaced under warranty they will have to ensure it is registered in the CRM. So they will wake up then. They cannot hold a customer responsible for their inaction or lack of service. At that point in time file a police complaint and go to court if deemed necessary.
Trust me, they will suddenly wake up like they never heard of you or saw you before and do the needful. Do make sure you retain evidence of all your calls and mails.

Just make sure you follow the service schedule for the 2.2.

Cheers,
J

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 17th July 2009 at 21:15.
Old 17th July 2009, 21:17   #73
BANNED

Cool thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
My 2 cents buddy:
Drive your Safari without bothering to run around to anyone or anywhere. You have done your bit by shooting emails and calls everywhere. Now sit back and enjoy driving your truck.
Just make sure you follow the service schedule for the 2.2.

Cheers,
J

Well, I must say, this too is a way of thinking out of the box, not a bad idea....

If the in-person visit doesnt work, this could be very well be the next alternative....
Old 18th July 2009, 15:53   #74
BHPian

Update - 18th July

Rather then send additional emails/calls, I spent 5 hours washing and polishing the vehicle.

some pics below.

1. Its very hard to keep interiors clean, and takes forever to clean the dirty marks.

2. Car vacuum cleaner I bought, worked well unlike flimsy units I had rearlier.

3. Noticed that rubber covers have started falling from doors etc.

I used AuriGold Polymer polish, I am happy with the results so far.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009551.jpg  

Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009552.jpg  

Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009553.jpg  

Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009554.jpg  

Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009555.jpg  

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 18th July 2009 at 15:58.
Old 18th July 2009, 16:00   #75
BHPian

one more pic, forgot to attach the front view
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Dicor 2.2 GX Post Delivery Expereince-18072009550-medium.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks