Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 10:24   #151
Senior - BHPian

where are the new pics dude?
Old 15th July 2009, 10:54   #152
Senior - BHPian

did you get the manual/remote central locking installed ?
which brand and how much?
Old 15th July 2009, 17:45   #153
BHPian

That really sounds interesting and you are keeping us in suspense. This is not right. . we are waiting.
Old 15th July 2009, 20:12   #154
BHPian

Still no pics?? when you posting dude? we are waiting . .
Old 19th July 2009, 20:13   #155
BHPian

Sorry for all the delay guys. I was caught up in some mess and with work too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
did you get the manual/remote central locking installed ?
which brand and how much?
Central Locking could not be fitted by the accessory shops outside so right now, am waiting for it arrive as an accessory to the Fiat showroom.

Guys, the pics may are just plain candid style. I did not have the right lighting because I was late and I was in a hurry so had to shoot in 5mins.

The OZ alloys belong to fellow member naveen.kk and we tried them on my car for a week to see if the punto had any issues taking in the 15inchers or 205 section tires. No problem whatsoever. So the hunt for the alloys is on and so far no luck. Right now, the car is back to bone stock wheels.

I have got Llumar tints put on along with interior seat covers. I apologize for the interior pics not being put up yet. They will be up soon.

BTW, the car is now 2300kms old and going strong. There are a few rattling issues though.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-035-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-037-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-039-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-046-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-061-medium.jpg  

Old 19th July 2009, 20:29   #156
Senior - BHPian

wow the alloys and tyre combo looks great on the car.
Old 19th July 2009, 21:37   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
wow the alloys and tyre combo looks great on the car.
You should have seen it in for real, was breath taking nevertheless.

Guys help me find some good looking 98pcd alloys.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:48   #158
BHPian

Have the doors been opened either for sunfilm/ICE? If so, thats the cause of your rattles. Make sure to get them fixed at 1st service which is coming up sooon!

And as for 98pcd Alloys ... I am sure you must've considered Linea alloys and Punto-Emotion alloys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
BTW, the car is now 2300kms old and going strong. There are a few rattling issues though.
Old 20th July 2009, 08:02   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Have the doors been opened either for sunfilm/ICE? If so, thats the cause of your rattles. Make sure to get them fixed at 1st service which is coming up sooon!

And as for 98pcd Alloys ... I am sure you must've considered Linea alloys and Punto-Emotion alloys?
Even I suspect the ill fitment of the doorpads and seats. The pads were opened for ICE. The total list of issues,

1. Rattles, can be felt over bumps or sharp turns.
2. Little piece of plastic shaking under the gearknob, kind of got a hang of it.
3. Bad quality interiors, the glovebox is uneven. Got to get that fixed.

Got 3 scratches on the car. One is big and other 2 are not that visible. And yes, all three are deep.

Linea and Punto are in the hitlist but sadly neither of them are available with the dealers here in hyd.

I got my RC card 2 days back and the RTO issues are getting onto my nerves. Now the car is spelt at petrol instead of diesel and its an emotion pack instead of an active variant. The showroom people said they would correct it in a matter of 10days.
Old 20th July 2009, 08:55   #160
Senior - BHPian

Hurray!!!Guess this is the first punto with after market alloys in T-Bhp.
How abt the first punto with petes dabhaa?
Old 20th July 2009, 11:08   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Even I suspect the ill fitment of the doorpads and seats. The pads were opened for ICE. The total list of issues,

1. Rattles, can be felt over bumps or sharp turns.
2. Little piece of plastic shaking under the gearknob, kind of got a hang of it.
3. Bad quality interiors, the glovebox is uneven. Got to get that fixed.
Wow already so many iQC ssues in a new car? Feels sad to know that Fiat is not the same old solid cars that we were used (still remember the uno we had). All because of providing a VFM car i guess, ala Maruti.
Old 20th July 2009, 11:33   #162
BHPian

Please read his post properly before jumping to conclusions.
There is nothing Fiat can do, if the car-decor-shop guy screws up the door pads.
Same thing will happen to i20 and jazz as well, if they don't take proper care in opening/fixing door pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Wow already so many iQC ssues in a new car? Feels sad to know that Fiat is not the same old solid cars that we were used (still remember the uno we had). All because of providing a VFM car i guess, ala Maruti.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:45   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the glovebox is uneven.
You mean it's not aligned properly? Loose fitting resulting in rattles? Could you elobrate on this? A picture would help.
Old 20th July 2009, 12:55   #164
Senior - BHPian

wow that red hot hatch looks cool with those alloys, post more pics withinteriors which is spared by you till now.any updates on your new alloys and wheels?
Old 20th July 2009, 17:13   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Hurray!!!Guess this is the first punto with after market alloys in T-Bhp.
How abt the first punto with petes dabhaa?
I have that on my check list but no more funds. Am just a student with no job lol. So all I have to do is score good and ask my dad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Yes, they had to step down in the interior quality for the price tagging. The exterior quality is top notch. Its only when it comes to the interiors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
Please read his post properly before jumping to conclusions.
There is nothing Fiat can do, if the car-decor-shop guy screws up the door pads.
Same thing will happen to i20 and jazz as well, if they don't take proper care in opening/fixing door pads.
The rattling is not from the door pads. I guess its from the ill fitment of the seats or the pads might be adding up to it too. I agree Fiat cannot be blamed for this. Some issues with the quality are like, the dashboard centre console is very plasticy. Whenever my knee presses over it, it makes that aweful cheap flimsy plastic noise. Now that cannot be corrected as its the quality of the plastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
You mean it's not aligned properly? Loose fitting resulting in rattles? Could you elobrate on this? A picture would help.
No rattlings because of the misalignment of the glovebox. I do not know if this came like this with the car or the car accessory guys had something to do about it. It was only when my dad pointed it out that I noticed it. Its a little slanting, towards the right its proper and towards the left, its a little pushed in. Here am attaching a pic to help illustrate. Ill get it corrected in the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wow that red hot hatch looks cool with those alloys, post more pics withinteriors which is spared by you till now.any updates on your new alloys and wheels?
I just noticed that I have two pics of the interior which I shot while getting my ice done. Better Interior pics will be sometime this week or over this weekend.

No luck with the alloys yet. Today I did some high speed cornering and it scared the **** out of me. The whole car lost grip and was skidding off sideways. Enough to make me go buy better tires. So now the hunt is hotter, if I get alloys, 15inch tires and if no alloys, then better tires on stock rims.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-004.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-004-medium.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-picture-007-medium.jpg  

Last edited by furioussphinx : 20th July 2009 at 17:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks