Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2010, 18:20   #271
BHPian

Hello folks, time for an update.

My baby is now 23k kms old and going very good. Will be giving a detailed report once she turns 25k.

Having a few niggles and will be going to the service workshop next week. The fuel cap lever went kaput and the horn doesnt work when turned 90degrees.

Am thinking of giving her a little makeover as a pre-birthday gift. Wheels painted, lights smoked, debadge and a little stickering. This is a rendering I did to illustrate. The abarth stripes will go on and the abarth logo needs some more thinking.

comments welcome.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-blackr2daf.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-blackr2da.jpg  

Old 10th April 2010, 18:39   #272
BHPian

First photo looks amazing! Definitely recommended.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:12   #273
BHPian

the first logo will cost 400 for the strip and 130 each for the small abarth logo
Old 10th April 2010, 22:28   #274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by furioussphinx View Post
Hello folks, time for an update.

My baby is now 23k kms old and going very good. Will be giving a detailed report once she turns 25k.

Having a few niggles and will be going to the service workshop next week. The fuel cap lever went kaput and the horn doesnt work when turned 90degrees.

Am thinking of giving her a little makeover as a pre-birthday gift. Wheels painted, lights smoked, debadge and a little stickering. This is a rendering I did to illustrate. The abarth stripes will go on and the abarth logo needs some more thinking.

comments welcome.
the second pic looks better IMHO, about the fuel lid if it does not open with the lever, there is a thread black color in the boot, just pull that and lid pops open very thoughtful from FIAT.
Old 10th April 2010, 22:52   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
the second pic looks better IMHO, about the fuel lid if it does not open with the lever, there is a thread black color in the boot, just pull that and lid pops open very thoughtful from FIAT.
Yes I called Fiat first and they mentioned about it. Been fueling up like that since 2 weeks. Is this feature available in other cars too?
Old 10th April 2010, 23:05   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes I called Fiat first and they mentioned about it. Been fueling up like that since 2 weeks. Is this feature available in other cars too?
no only in linea i think
Old 10th April 2010, 23:55   #277
BHPian

Nice rendering... see if you can play around with some yellow lines on the side sticker. IMHO the first looks much better.. I like the placement of the Abarth logo on the rear column... plus it is much easier to execute than trying to spread the logo across the window glass.
Old 11th April 2010, 00:03   #278
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrotek View Post
First photo looks amazing! Definitely recommended.
+ 1.

Infact, i was just going through the pics and went WOW! Only after the initial surprise, realised its a PS job.

Second one will be difficult to execute with perfection, as the sticker has to be aligned correctly on body+door+glass.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 11th April 2010 at 00:07.
Old 11th April 2010, 02:19   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
+ 1.

Infact, i was just going through the pics and went WOW! Only after the initial surprise, realised its a PS job.

Second one will be difficult to execute with perfection, as the sticker has to be aligned correctly on body+door+glass.
Yes, the second one will be expensive to make too. I dont have proper people in hyd to do the job and I feel it the job done is bad, then it will be too loud and spoil the show.

Will start with painting the wheels followed by the stripes and minimal stickering.

Here are the wheel shades, black, white, silver (stock) and bronze. I feel black is the best.
Attached Thumbnails
First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-blackr.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-whitesb.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-silverme.jpg  

First love is first love, The Punto Saga.-bronzez.jpg  

Old 16th April 2010, 23:22   #280
BHPian

Why do not you try a black and red combination for the wheels?

Paint black on the strokes and white on the thin ones or vice versa. Give it a try, i guess that would be a killer look.
Old 12th June 2010, 01:19   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here are the wheel shades, black, white, silver (stock) and bronze. I feel black is the best.
White OR Silver look good IMHO. Although silver can get boring after some time, it will still suit the car better. Black looks too much of a pimp job, not saying anything bout the bronze!
Old 20th October 2010, 14:19   #282
BHPian

Hi Mate ,
Those Are Linea Alloy Wheels I Guess .i Would Recomend The Silver Version Of The Wheel

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks