Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 09:27   #31
Senior - BHPian

Very good review. liked the one about the rear door. Just noticed that the ever to open the door is so much inside compared to the top edge of the door. You'l surely get a hit if you dont stand far enough and try to open. Particularly if you walt from the rear and try to get in.

Nice to hear you are enjoying your drive.
Old 22nd July 2009, 15:44   #32
Senior - BHPian

congrats!!!Looks good on blue.Pls post some interior pics.
Old 27th July 2009, 00:07   #33
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Bought and took delivery of a Ritz VDi ABS today.
I’m not going to give a full review of the car; there are plenty of good ones already. After one day of driving I can probably just agree and respond to the points mentioned here.

Something that should be noted is, this car is a modern day wagonR. Wikipedia says it's a successor of the WagonR+ in Japan Suzuki Splash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMGee View Post
5. Responsive steering - I find it rightly balanced, neither too light nor too stiff. Especially for people who'll be doing a lot of city driving, it should be fairly easy to maneuver the car around.
The steering is fine; perfect actually for a car this size. In fact I’ve already changed to 185/70 and the steering now feels slightly heavier.
Quote:
7. Several cubby holes in the car to place small items. I especially liked the detachable ash-tray, which can become a nice mobile holder when the ash-tray is taken out (good for non-smokers).

7. Rear bottle holders would have been a huge help, especially if you're travelling with kids etc.
My rear passengers complained of no spaces to keep small items like phone, especially when everyone is used to centre cup holders for the rear.
Quote:
8. Fairly decent boot space. It definitely seems bigger than a Santro / Wagon R (not sure if I should be comparing against these).
I think wagonR has more usable space, especially when going vertically up.
Quote:
1. Biggest nag that I could find is the play in the gear-shift in the 3rd gear. I don't know if other Swift / Ritz Diesel owners have experienced this or not, but in the 3rd gear, whenever you either move your foot away from the accelerator, or put it back, the gear-shift moves, almost by a centimeter each time (moves back when accelarating and moves ahead when you move the foot away).
Yes it does! One notices it only if driving while holding the stick. I’d say it moves but not by 1cm, probably 0.5cm. I think I can live with it.
Quote:
4. Engine noise (and again, I am a first time diesel user, ok?!) - I find it to be a bit high, especially when accelerating. Would ideally have liked it to be lesser - I've been told by a couple of people, that this tends to go down when the car's run in a bit, so hoping for this to go down. Also, still don’t have ICE installed - with that, hopefully some of the noise will be less audible anyways.
Yes! It’s on the higher side. And what is interesting is that, the test drive vehicle was much quieter!

Again, I’m hoping that since the test drive vehicle was a bit run-in, my car will get better with time.

Last edited by SLK : 27th July 2009 at 00:12.
Old 28th July 2009, 23:16   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvk84 View Post
congrats eMGee. welcome to the Ritz club.

I am a proud owner of Ritz vdi and i to experience the same thing. But since i am not used to drive with my hands on my gear knob, its not an issue to me. Still its some what irritating to see the gear knob moving back and forth when we accelerate and break.

As i dont have time to write a separate review, i am adding some of my points here.

- The digital fuel meter needs a little getting used to. I guess the 1bar of fuel means 10L diesel is still in the tank. Only 30L diesel was needed for full tank when i filled it from the 1bar position.
- Rattles started to appear just before the 1000KM mark. When i gave the car for 1st service at 1020KM, the right door had a click sound while closing.
- It is almost impossible to change from front left seat to front right seat through the car. - There is always a foul smell for the exhaust gas. I guess has some thing to do with the diesel engines.
Thanks jvk84 and congrats to you too! Well, I am still quite peeved with the 3rd gear moving - got a call from Vipul Motors in Faridabad that they have escalated the issue to MS and someone should be visiting soon to have a look (although acc. to them it did not seem to be a problem). So, let's see what they can do about this.

Re. the digital fuel gauge, I guess all such gauges are slightly inaccurate - you cannot apply a rule of litres/bar. So, it's best getting accustomed to the reading.

Re. the rattles, yes, some minor ones have existed from the very beginning, but I've gotten used to them. Again, very minor ones.

Re. moving from one side to the other - yes, it's difficult but I did manage it once!

Re. the foul smell of the exhaust, is that coming even with the A/C on in the Recirculate mode with windows rolled up? This should not happen in this case...

[quote=soccer;1393087]
Quote:
Boy, you hit the nail on its head, and I wish I had known this earlier.

The Rear door hit my face as it opened and shook my dentures. I have a broken/chipped tooth to vouch for it. Eventhough I am very conscious about the design, if one is not careful, it could cause serious injuries. I think Maruti Should put a warning sticker on the doors and make people aware of this fact till the design settles down in ones mind.

Go bless.....
Ouch, that must have hurt a lot soccer! This is serious now - I'll ensure I am more careful with this (and have told my missus also, who is usually the one using the back seat!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Congrats on your purchase! The car looks beautiful in this odd blue color which makes it stand out!

How about some nice pics of the interiors?

Cheers,
gpa
Thanks gpa & ramsagar! Yes, I will try and post some pics of the interiors soon. I managed to get some accessories installed a couple of weeks ago, so will post pics and details in a separate reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Looks cool in flesh

Can I ask you a small favour? Remove the dealer stickers. They spoil the looks a lot.

My personal opinion though !
Thanks lambuhere. Yes, even I hate the dealer stickers and wouldn't have allowed them to be put, but I honestly forgot to ask the dealers not to put them. I've managed to get one off but the other is pretty hard to get off and I would hate to get scratches on the window. Any smart ideas to remove that without any issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
Very good review. liked the one about the rear door. Just noticed that the ever to open the door is so much inside compared to the top edge of the door. You'l surely get a hit if you dont stand far enough and try to open. Particularly if you walt from the rear and try to get in.

Nice to hear you are enjoying your drive.
Thanks gemithomas! Yes, the rear door does need some getting used to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post

I’m not going to give a full review of the car; there are plenty of good ones already. After one day of driving I can probably just agree and respond to the points mentioned here.

Yes! It’s on the higher side. And what is interesting is that, the test drive vehicle was much quieter!

Again, I’m hoping that since the test drive vehicle was a bit run-in, my car will get better with time.
Congrats SLK! My car's done over 2200kms but I cant feel the noise going down, so lets see...
Old 29th July 2009, 01:04   #35
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats SLK! My car's done over 2200kms but I cant feel the noise going down, so lets see...
Thank you

My hopes are going down after 250kms :(.

It's actually not loud noise, just pure diesel clatter.

Anyways, did you also get the in-dash integrated music system?
Old 29th July 2009, 12:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK View Post
congrats slk on your ritz ownership, which colour is it and also keep updating on your ownership report, rattles which seems now a joint ownership for swifts and ritzs owner, but car get rattles free scheme.
Old 29th July 2009, 14:11   #37
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
congrats slk on your ritz ownership, which colour is it and also keep updating on your ownership report, rattles which seems now a joint ownership for swifts and ritzs owner, but car get rattles free scheme.
Thanks, Mine is a dark grey.

No rattles so far, just changed the tyres to 185s (Turanza ER60), since it fills 36psi the ride is slightly stiff.

Normally, for my cars, i take care of rattles myself, which have a not too deep origin, So I'm not too scared about these.
Old 14th August 2009, 15:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

[quote=soccer;1393087]
Quote:

Boy, you hit the nail on its head, and I wish I had known this earlier.

The Rear door hit my face as it opened and shook my dentures. I have a broken/chipped tooth to vouch for it.
I was in a Maruti dealership for some other work this week, and to kill time, I was fooling around with the Ritz. I had to jerk my head sharply out of the way of the rear door, to let it clear my face. I thought I was being absent minded till I read this. As an owner you will get used to this, but it may catch out unsuspecting guests getting into the rear seat. Not a good design feature, for sure. I am surprised this passed all the internal design reviews.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:20   #39
Senior - BHPian

It is my experience with my RITZ VDI ABS SILKY SILVER.TN 22 BW 3057.In fact I am an old man of 60s and based in Chennai. I got the car from ABT Maruti Chennai.Everything went well with my sales executive and he did the best at that time that was Sept 17th of 2009. I got a discount of Cash 8000 and exchange Bonus 10000. I went for the MarutI GA Kenwood 543 System and Kenwood 6" 2 way speakers 4.The sound quality is nice for this car and no alteration in wiring placing etc.The floor mat was a compliment which was not of RITZ but of altos and the dicky mat was of Swift.Then I had to buy a Transparent full floor mat. In addition to that I went for The GA Remote locking System,Parcel Tray,Graphics,Bumper Panels,Door Visor,reverse horn, and fabric seat cover Altogether it consumed little over 20K.I had the mind to go for a change of my car WAGON R few months back AND I tested with Swift which I did not like due to the low seating arrangements.Then test driven the Ritz.It was better in seating space and the interiors in comparison with the Swift.It is the most suitable car for the Wagon R changers. The seats are high,The Dash Board finishing is good.Took my grandchildren for their opinion being small they were of the color of the Car. took My friends for the final opinion.On seeing the exterior back look they rejected in the first instance and suggested me to stick to Swift.I told them to get in test drive and tell.Reluctantly they looked in, sat in and slowly started to enjoy the space interiors the fountain slope gear.60/40 folding and boot and changed their mind and told to consider.Then they looked at the mirrors,light,door knob and told that the finishing is like the foreign cars like Toyota.The friends were used with all Toyota brands from a neighbouring country.Finally the pass verdict came and I was looking for the Bakers Chocolate or Glazing blue but they insisted to go for Silky silver.So thus my silky came to me on 18th September.
It did went into city roads and Highways.Really it is a FE car.In city it gives 16 to 18plus kms per litter.The tyres are bigger and broader than WR.In 80 plus it was not a comfortable drive with WR.Where as Ritz is giving an enjoyable driving in 110 also.I went to Madurai from Chennai on 20th September it gave an average of 23kms on Highway.Then I went to Pondichery that time it was 22 kms.Once it was 24 on my vellore trip.No rattling no sound.My first car was Bolero GLX which was a noisy car.Then to Indica Fe was good noise was high.AC was good.Then WR everything fine the FE was bad with 9 and 10- in city.I don't know how to up load my photo.Let me learn and send the photo of my VDI. Really it is my first ABS break car.It is worth paying for the secured braek another 20k.
Over all It is a wonderful car for me and my taste.Let is go on in the forum and share our experiences
Old 7th November 2009, 22:25   #40
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
It is my experience with my RITZ VDI ABS SILKY SILVER.
Hi, and welcome to team-bhp. I too have a VDi ABS and co-incidentally I also upgraded from a WagonR.
Ritz is class apart when compared to the WagonR. Talking about speed, I have done 160km/h, it was rock solid and smooth.

In fact, very few people buy the VDi ABS. I haven't seen another one in Delhi so far! and I've already driven close to 7k kms. ABS is useful, I've managed to make it work already

Congratulations and Enjoy your car.

This a link to the feedback I gave http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-2-months.html
Old 9th November 2009, 08:35   #41
Senior - BHPian

navan49:Congrats on the buy. You will never regret buying a Jap. You'v been drawing the best FE from the vehicle. Lot more to come upon more run-in.

Change the tires to Michelin's PP2.You will feel more comfortable & gives you more confidence during high speed with better braking. Cheers.

BTW you didn't mention the model, LDi/VDi?

Pls do upload photos.

Last edited by Ramsagar : 9th November 2009 at 08:36.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:58   #42
Senior - BHPian

[IMG]http://***************************.blogspot.com[/IMG]Hi SLK,
It is nice to know that you are another great man to have ABS and to upgrade from WR. You are right many peole I men most of the people buy LDI or VDI but not the ABS.They always think of the 20k Savings.But once they know the advantage of breaking they will feel worthy.I too booked aithout ABS but after test driving I changed to ABS.Yes it is rock solid in any speed. To my age the speed i tested was enough.What about the colour of yours.I put a graphics and a Door visor. It looks nice. Same like ABS I don't find any car in Chennai with Visor. I am poor in understanding of the people.When we flush around 6L another 600 which help us to keep 2" gap for ventilation.I keep Visor for Ventilation purpose only.I doon't know how to up load photo.Other wise I can upload mine.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:09   #43
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
.I doon't know how to up load photo.Other wise I can upload mine.
Announcements - Team-BHP

and this in particular
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/announ...-team-bhp.html

and welcome to the board. and have a great time.
Old 9th November 2009, 18:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Hallo Ramsagar,
Thanks for your suggestion og Changing Michelin's PP2. I thought of changing that after 40k 0r 50k. kms.I mean I will use the Jk fully and go for that.In the mean time let me get the tyre size of PP@.Then regarding my model it is VDI(ABS) mentioned in the beginning of the article in bold letters.Important question is theat as I don't know how to up load photos
Old 10th November 2009, 01:41   #45
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hallo Ramsagar,
Thanks for your suggestion og Changing Michelin's PP2. I thought of changing that after 40k 0r 50k. kms.I mean I will use the Jk fully and go for that.In the mean time let me get the tyre size of PP@.Then regarding my model it is VDI(ABS) mentioned in the beginning of the article in bold letters.Important question is theat as I don't know how to up load photos
My car's pictures are already loaded here

I have a dark gray colour. And the only changes I've made are
1) Bridgestone Turanza tyres 185s as against the thinner 165 that come with the car.
2) Garware ice-cool elite film

I never roll down my windows and drive, not even a bit, Delhi is too dusty, so no need for 'Visors'.

My last tank returned 19.3km/l and that is mostly city driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks