Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 16:55   #16
Senior - BHPian

Prince,i heard some tire burst from goodyear recently in this forum itself.

nilanjanray,pls confirm before u look-in for GY.Mechilins are the best bet you can vouch for.Heard the rear middle seat is also modified for the new models.good that Maruti is listening to customers.
Old 9th July 2009, 23:30   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Prince,i heard some tire burst from goodyear recently in this forum itself.
I haven't heard much about tyre bursts being a problem specific to Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres. I have seen and heard about tyre bursts from tyres of different brands as well. I also own a WagonR which suffered a nasty left front tyre burst at 30kph when taking a slow right hander to get on the WE Highway. The tyre in question in this case was the Michelin XM1 done 12k kms.

IIRC, Our in-house tyre guru Ishan some months back had reported some quality issues with Michelin PP2's in his OHC aka Dhanno. Soo i don't think Goodyears in particular suffer from tyre bursts (maybe i am wrong).

But i do agree with you buddy that Michelin/Yokohama Tyres are overall superior to Goodyears and there is no doubt in that. My reason for going in for the Goodyear F1's were purely for that sporty look lent by the V-thread tyres. Ride, Handling improved and that was a bonus. But i was and am aware that Michelin/Yokohama were/are better overall tyres. But the F1's were a perfect compromise between looks and performance for me and thats the reason i went in for it and am very happy with my choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramsagar View Post
Heard the rear middle seat is also modified for the new models.good that Maruti is listening to customers.
Yes the rear seat has been modified as in the area near the center armrest (when folded up) has been flattened a great deal. This makes it easier for 3 people to sit in the rear seat. Also the rear headrests are now much smaller than before soo as to improve rear visibilty especially when reversing. You can refer to my post#393 in this thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-report-5.html for pics.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 9th July 2009 at 23:39.
Old 10th July 2009, 20:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince85 View Post
And relax, Maruti will honour warranty even after this change of rubber. Soo go right ahead and slap on those Michelin Pilot Primacy tyres (which you want to) on your car without any worries

Cheers
Thanks. I had spoken to a tyre dealer, and he told me that if I increase the tyre width, suspension warranty won't be valid. However, I spoke to the Pratham accessories guy today. He told me that suspension warranty would be valid as long as I didn't increase the rim size or overall diameter significantly. Wider tyres are ok if the overall size difference is marginal.

Can you post a couple of pics of your SX4 with the 225/55 tyres?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 10th July 2009 at 20:11.
Old 10th July 2009, 22:12   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Thanks. I had spoken to a tyre dealer, and he told me that if I increase the tyre width, suspension warranty won't be valid. However, I spoke to the Pratham accessories guy today. He told me that suspension warranty would be valid as long as I didn't increase the rim size or overall diameter significantly. Wider tyres are ok if the overall size difference is marginal.
I had spoken to the service guys at Autovista, Mumbai before i went in for the tyre upgrade. And after discussing the entire details with them they gave me the with the assurance that the car warranty would be intact

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Can you post a couple of pics of your SX4 with the 225/55 tyres?
Here you go!

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-30102008023.jpg
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-30102008026.jpg
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-30102008028.jpg

Excuse me for the quality of pics.

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 10th July 2009 at 22:16.
Old 11th July 2009, 03:04   #20

News to me

Thanks for the information, This is totally a news to me that the Warranty of the suspension goes void when upgrading the tires.
Old 11th July 2009, 09:48   #21
Senior - BHPian

@prince85

Thanks for the photos. Your car looks hot! The white colour, dark sunfilm and wider tyres are a deadly combination.
Old 11th July 2009, 21:11   #22
Senior - BHPian

Regarding senior level contacts at Pratham, check if Madhu is still the sales GM. He is a nice chap and very receptive to complaints(He can take care of everything on sales side, but service is under a different GM). I don't have his number anymore, but ask to meet him if you have any serious issues.
Old 12th July 2009, 01:12   #23
BHPian

SX4 is the perfect car that suits your requirement.

So, what the final on road price of the car.
Old 13th July 2009, 15:11   #24
BHPian

Sir, Welcome to Sx4 club

Good choice, I would say. This car suites well into your requirement and good VFM.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by loving_alaap View Post
SX4 is the perfect car that suits your requirement.

So, what the final on road price of the car.
Getting a 40K discount over the official OTR price. Not counting the accessories.
Old 15th July 2009, 02:53   #26
BHPian

Congratulations Nilanjanray!! she surely is one HUGE ride with an Imposing Presence. I got mine a month ago!

Last edited by maglev : 15th July 2009 at 02:55.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:37   #27
Senior - BHPian

Delay in getting Sunlight Copper

Update 15/7
====================

Pratham Motors had called me yesterday, and asked me whether I was interested in the Black colour - apparently one was despatched yesterday from the factory. They said that the SC would be available - as promised - by end of month. However, I had asked them to double-check with Maruti Factory Inventory or Production Scheduling about current or future availability of SC colour.

Today they called me up, and said that apparently there is some issue with SC colour for ALL models - including AStar and Swift (can anyone confirm this?). And that it would take 3-4 weeks for the car to be despatched.

Was hoping to get the car before the end of month. Now things are uncertain.
Old 15th July 2009, 21:59   #28
BHPian

I too met Pratham motors sales executive today, as per him, silver and beige is readily avaialable, but SC is a problem. They said can't commit on the date for SC color. Looks like they have some problem with the color
Old 19th July 2009, 19:31   #29
Senior - BHPian

Update 19/7

(Mods, can You change the title to: "SX4 Zxi booked (update: now going for black instead of sunlight copper)"

Spoke to Maruti regional office, and came to know that the sunlight copper colour would take at least one month to come. Reason: SX4 shares the assembly line with Swift and Dzire, and sunlight copper is in low demand (and absent in Dzire), so they only start work on a sunlight copper lot if there is enough demand. Moreover, apparently there were some issues with production sometime back, so there is no sunlight copper in stock.

Was tired of uncertainty and waiting, so sent an email to Pratham telling them that I wish to change the colour to black.

Expect that delivery should happen by end of month or early next month.
Old 19th July 2009, 20:32   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
nilanjanray : By the way, I like the roof rails on the SX4 hatch. Any inputs on whether they will look good on the sedan? I was thinking that with roof rails and wider tyres, the car would have a more sporty look.
Do that, and I will join the guys to welcome your car to the Weird & Whacky Mods thread. It's not every day that I go to that thread, but this will give me a good excuse !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks