Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th August 2009, 19:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

My comments below
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post

Guys, need inputss:
1. I have to keep the car outside - in the sun. Worried about the paint + dust. Bought Waxpol wax and lots of 3M stuff (including shampoo, liquid wax, glass cleaner etc. Would they be enough to maintain the colour?

You mean in Sun most of the time of day? I don't know what to suggest on this, I am not sure if 3M or shampoo etc will help in this. I guess just accept it, or find some covered space

2. Have bought a car cover, but am thinking twice about putting it on everyday. What do you guys suggest?

me too bought it, used for one month, now its nicely packed lying in store room

3. Planning V-kool for windscreen. Is it worth it? How much would it cost?

No comments, I am never in favor of film for windscreen, no matter what brand
Old 13th August 2009, 19:31   #77
Senior - BHPian

28K is a loot! I paid 2/3rd of it, that too, within 5 months of launch (2007). The body kit has not much takers now, and it should be even cheaper at this point of time! Anyway, don't want to dampen your mood . Enjoy the man with skirts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabrez02 View Post
Hi nilan

Firstly congrats for your new car, and welcome to the SX4 club, however i feel its a male rather as you thing. On the accessories front precisely on skirts front i would tell you that i have fitted those in my white SX4, look wise better but GC would go down by 1.5 inch. But nevertheless i was able to do a offroading to galibour fishing camp with 4 occupants in it where there was only walk path and stones but no roads, never touched the skirts though (depends on the speed and how you drive). But i would not recommend it. I had pay 28K for the whole kit including the boot spoiler in bimal.

Old 13th August 2009, 19:38   #78
Senior - BHPian

Pictures from today's drive

All pics taken with phone camera, so excuse the quality.
Past Kanakpura
On the way to Galibore Fishing Camp
Just before the bad road starts
On the way back from Galibore Fishing Camp (finally back on tarred road!)
Attached Thumbnails
Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-13082009002.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-13082009011.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-13082009014.jpg  

Black SX4 Zxi booked. Update: delivery taken, and car being put through its paces.-13082009010.jpg  

Last edited by nilanjanray : 13th August 2009 at 19:46.
Old 16th August 2009, 19:42   #79
Senior - BHPian

Had bought a 3M car care kit (combo deal - shampoo, tyre, plastic, glass), as well as Waxpol Carnouba wax and 3M car cloth.

Car had a shampoo and wax (Waxpol) yesterday. First time I waxed the car. Was just like polishing a shoe. Loved the gloss after the wax.

Has anyone used 3M tyre polish? How is it supposed to work? Does it just make the sides look black/shiny? The tyre treads would look dirty everytime the car is driven, so do people invest time and money just to keep the sidewalls shiny?

Am also looking to upgrade the headlights - they seem rather weak for highway driving, especially on roads without dividers. Any suggestions? Would prefer more light, without going 'illegal'.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 16th August 2009 at 19:48.
Old 16th August 2009, 22:26   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am also looking to upgrade the headlights - they seem rather weak for highway driving, especially on roads without dividers. Any suggestions? Would prefer more light, without going 'illegal'.
You can upgrade your headlamps to 100/90.
Old 17th August 2009, 08:53   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I replaced the OEM bulbs with high power but same wattage bulbs I bought from Tokyo.

Since 1.5 years its doing the job very well, much better than OEM
Old 25th August 2009, 21:19   #82
Senior - BHPian

First servicing done @ Pratham. Experience was good - courteous people who arranged a pick up from my home for collecting the car. I had listed the following issues for fixing during the 1st service:
1. Creaking seats: this didn't get fixed fully; the noises start again when I adjust the seat e.g. increase the height. Am disappointed with Maruti, since even my 6 year old Indica doesn't have seat noises
2. Wire hanging from rear left bumper: this got fixed - was due to reverse sensor wires not being fitted properly
3. Kat kat kat noise from wheels: this was due to numerous stones that had got lodged
4. Stiff gears: this didn't get sorted out fully; assume that things will become better with use

Went for a 120kph drive on NICE road the day after servicing was done; perhaps this was my first time speeding with the new car, but the car didn't feel as stable as I thought it would (maybe due to undulations on NICE road).

Plan to take the car out for a long drive (perhaps one more trip to Nilgiris, or Kutta/Nagarhole).
Old 25th August 2009, 21:56   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went for a 120kph drive on NICE road the day after servicing was done; perhaps this was my first time speeding with the new car, but the car didn't feel as stable as I thought it would (maybe due to undulations on NICE road).
It's the tyres. 205 section tyres looks wide, but on a car as high as the SX4, I feel it's too less. Also, the suspension is to blame a little bit as well. High car, soft suspension dont really make a good combination for high speed driving!
Old 25th August 2009, 22:04   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It's the tyres. 205 section tyres looks wide, but on a car as high as the SX4, I feel it's too less. Also, the suspension is to blame a little bit as well. High car, soft suspension dont really make a good combination for high speed driving!
Nikhil soft suspension on SX4?? No ways the ride on that car is rock hard.

My boss keeps telling me that his wife screams at him everytime they drive on bad road because of hard ride.

He wants to know which tyres to put on for a softer ride as well.

The suspension is super hard on the SX4.
Old 25th August 2009, 22:20   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Oh... Sorry. Didnt know that.

About tyres, Primacy LC sounds right for his requirements, but not his wallet. Is he on stock tyres? Conti is also a good option. He can look at Yoko V550 as well if he doesnt mind somewhat bad road grip in wet conditions.
Old 25th August 2009, 23:14   #86
Senior - BHPian

Am on stock tyres. Will eventually go for Conti once I do some bad road travel using the stock JK tyres. Want to to fulfill the 'base needs' of going on forest trails and unmetalled hill roads first, before settling down and going for expensive tyre upgrades :-)

Last edited by nilanjanray : 25th August 2009 at 23:18.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:23   #87
BHPian

Quote:
First servicing done @ Pratham
Did you use the synthetic oil or the normal one?
Old 1st September 2009, 11:19   #88
BHPian

What Year model is it ? i guess as my suspensions are quite soft and it is tweak version i think. I feel the suspension are very soft, and on this the JK tires are too very soft as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

My boss keeps telling me that his wife screams at him everytime they drive on bad road because of hard ride.

He wants to know which tyres to put on for a softer ride as well.

Old 3rd September 2009, 18:22   #89
Senior - BHPian

@ marathp: used the recommended semi-syn oil (Shell 5W30)

@tabrez02: the suspension is pretty hard. I have just returned from a Nagarhole/Wayanad/Mudumalai/Bandipur/BR Hills trip, and the SX4 handled some horrible roads rather well. No rattles except from the seats. I maintained decent speeds over bad roads while coming back to Bangalore from BR Hills through Kollegal, and was able to do the return trip in 4 hr 25 min (with a 10-15 min break). Used the SX4 the way it was built to be used. Am glad that I went for it instead of going for Linea or ANHC.

Will post the travelogue later.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 3rd September 2009 at 18:26.
Old 4th September 2009, 12:05   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post

I second that. Suspension is absolutely pathetic on the SX4. I think to save costs, they took suspension from a road roller

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks