Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2009, 13:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Small things: Fain rattle sound from near passanger seat belt on B pillar joint. Windshild wiper fluid sprey weak on right nozzle. Driver seat height does not rise more than 1 cm. (Is it max seats can be raised)
Already a rattle in a new car? Cant believe this . when will Maruti ever make rattle free cars?
Old 16th July 2009, 13:38   #32
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase Cartech, How is the experience with ICE, any plans to upgrade the ICE? Also, please do share your experience of driving the RITZ through rains.
Old 16th July 2009, 14:44   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Already a rattle in a new car? Cant believe this . when will Maruti ever make rattle free cars?
Keep dreaming about that day NFS.

Somebody should change the definition of rattle as "Small irritating sounds you keep hearing when you drive a Maruti vehicle."
Old 20th July 2009, 14:20   #34
BHPian

First FE report

First FE report: 243KM for 18.1 liters. 120 KM on Ahmedabad Hway and 123km on Bombay roads in thick traffic(Could not go to 4th gear at all). That is 13.43 km/l. How does it look? I think the rattle on B Pillar is comming from the raer left window glass.
Old 20th July 2009, 17:04   #35
BHPian

Quote:
First FE report: 243KM for 18.1 liters. 120 KM on Ahmedabad Hway and 123km on Bombay roads in thick traffic(Could not go to 4th gear at all). That is 13.43 km/l. How does it look? I think the rattle on B Pillar is comming from the raer left window glass.
Seems a pretty decent average considering more than 50% run was in the city. Also assuming a 11 Kmpl in city, highway average is 17. Thats great. Is your first service over? You could expect an increase after that
Old 20th July 2009, 18:29   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2u View Post
God this car is slowly stealing my heart away , with the good price tag and a trusted dealer, this car will surely give a tough competition to on of its own,i.e SWIFT . I am also geting used to the rear end of the car as I keep on seeing so many of them in the chennai roads.

Is this the new refreshing sight that we should get used too ?

Have you test driven it ? Trust me you will just fall in love with it.

I test drove one on 29 May and by the 1st of June I was the proud owner of a Superior White ZXI. With each passing day my passion and awe just keeps doubling.

I have covered about 1900 kms and right now its returning about 11.87 Kmpl. with the AC, ofcourse.

God Bless.....
Old 4th August 2009, 15:57   #37
BHPian

First Service Done

Hi everybody!

Did my first free "service" at Vitesse. It is nothing but wash and vaccum job. However, the rattle on leftside doors have gone after they tightened the bolts on the doors and seatbelt column. The car has covered 930 km and gearshift is becomming smooth except reverse gear. Sometimes it becomes difficult to shift to reverse. Requires force to put in reverse gear. Getting out of reverse also requires lot of efforts. I brought this to notice of advisor. He said that after another 500km reverse will also be smooth. I will wait and see.

I got regno etched on all windows; cost 250/-.

Thinking of changing tyres to Bridgestone/Micheline. Any suggestions wellcome.

Current FE is 13.3 km/l (30% HWAY 70% city) with AC on all the time

Thanks

Last edited by cartech : 4th August 2009 at 16:05.
Old 4th August 2009, 22:04   #38
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Hi everybody!

The car has covered 930 km and gearshift is becomming smooth except reverse gear. Sometimes it becomes difficult to shift to reverse. Requires force to put in reverse gear. Getting out of reverse also requires lot of efforts.
Try engaging any forward gear, if the reverse does not engage. Or just release the clutch slightly and try shifting to reverse. I am also experiencing the same problem. Got to get used to it ,probably.

Quote:
I got regno etched on all windows; cost 250/-.
Did he use the Sand blasting Method or was it acid etching. If possible, how about a picture of it.

Quote:
Thinking of changing tyres to Bridgestone/Micheline. Any suggestions wellcome.
If you want the tyres to last extra long then go for Bridgestones. For better road grip its Michellins. I find the Good Years really good. They have excellent road holding and will last you over 40K kms. with my type of Driving

Quote:
Current FE is 13.3 km/l (30% HWAY 70% city) with AC on all the time
Give it some more time and miles and the figure will improve greatly. Pretty good FE even now.

God bless.....
Old 5th August 2009, 11:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
The details: OTR price 5.58L Discount 0.00
Car financed thru my bank 90% finance at 10.5%
Belated congrats Cartech. What is the EMI per lakh that you are paying and which bank did you go for?
Old 5th August 2009, 21:40   #40
BHPian

Another belated congratulations cartech. I was not much impressed with gearshifts on my test ride of Ritz. Car had already 4k but still the gear was very notchy and unbelievably hard.
Old 6th August 2009, 08:57   #41

Yet another belated congrats Cartech! Welcome to the Ritz-ians club!

Re. the rattles, I think they will continue to stay...I have a VDi and I keep on getting a rattling noise (have not been able to figure out the source though), tried to get that rectified in the 1st service, but did not go away - will now try again in the 2nd service (though have my doubts if MS will take the pains to fix such a trivail thing!).
Old 6th August 2009, 10:15   #42
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Congrats buddy ! Thats a great looking car and the interiors look fantastic !!
Old 12th August 2009, 12:08   #43
BHPian

congrats though belated.can you post some more pictures of the car -preferably in broad daylight as i plan to go in for the same colour or the blue one-just cannot decide???
Old 13th August 2009, 12:09   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchernish View Post
congrats though belated.can you post some more pictures of the car -preferably in broad daylight as i plan to go in for the same colour or the blue one-just cannot decide???
+1 to that. Would love some more pictures. I am also yo-yoing between Fire Brick Red and Baker's Brown.
Old 26th October 2009, 17:55   #45
BHPian

Hey Cartech, any update on the car? Did you complete second service? What about reverse gear problem?

Most Viewed