Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 14:33   #1
BHPian

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)

Finally bid farewell to faithful Jan 2003 Opel Corsa(47.7Kkms) and bought RITZ(ZXi) Fire Brick Red.
Posting report late beacuse could not take photos earlier. Thought should not post without pictures.

Decided to buy small car. My parameters were:
1) Small car (above WagonR, Santro).
2) Safety (Atleast ABS. Airbags desirable) and wide tyres with alloy wheels(factory fitted)
3) Comfortable for four passangers.
4) Only petrol.
5) Good driving position
6) Good after sale support and service.
7) Decent milage
8) Effective A/C
9) Refinement
10) Practical(60:40 folding rear seat etc.)
My monthly travel is about 500-700kms mostly in city, so did not considerd diesels.
Test drove i10,i20, Getz, Swift, Fabia, Indica Vista. Did not drive UVA as no GM for me.

I found i10(Kappa) ASTA good but had thin tyres and no alloys. i20 Asta was good especially
comfort. I felt it is overpriced. Getz though met most of criteria looked dated and may be discontinued.
Did not considered Fabia after reading horror stories here, though the ride and comfort
were very high class.
Vista though good car (TDed Qjet and saffire), was not confident about their after sale support.
The TD vehicle was not in good shape (power window switches on driver side came out during TD).
Also no ABS/AB are available.
Finally booked SWIFT ZXi with Vitesse on March 27th. Long wait started and no respnse from Maruti
regarding dispatch. Mean while on 15th Ritz was launched. I went to have look for the car and liked it
very much. Did TD and was very impressed with the engine. It was super silent. Good ride and high driving
position. It met most of my criteria. Fortunately GTO's article (on TD of Ritz) appeared around this time and
I decided to switch to Ritz
On 20th May changed the booking from Swift to Ritz(Zxi). The delivery promised 6 week(Long waiting period for Zxi
though VDi was promised in two weeks). The color specified was fire brick red.
Finally got news that car is dispached on 27th June. The delivery was scheduled on 3rd July. Needless to say that
insisted on pre-registration inspection and did as per our list. Everything was ok.
Took delivery on 3rd July 2.00pm after thorough inspection as per TBHP list. Everything was ok.
Presented sales guy with a gift (as per TBHP suggestion!). Read owners manual completely.
Drove to temple for the pooja.
The details: OTR price 5.58L Discount 0.00 Freebies: Leather cover for steering wheel!!
Car financed thru my bank 90% finance at 10.5%
Accessories: Mud flap(450), transperant full carpet mat(1200), anti-rust treatment(3600), Car cover(2000)
Tints for windows and rear glass(5600).
All accessories bought from dealer.
Buying Experience: Very good. Very good explainantion during delivery. Everything promised was
delivered on time.

Initial Driving Experince:
Done only about 100 kms. The driving is only in city. I am following run-in instructions. Initial experience
matches as per GTOs post on Ritz TD. only sore point is SMALL INTERMITTENT RATTLE
form B pillar (Probably window glass).
They assured me that it will be taken care of in 1st service(Hope so). Otherwise driving is really enjoyable.
Overall refinement is great. I will update FE and other driving experience after 1st service.

The manual says the fuel to be used should be atleast 88RON. What is RON of our normal perol?
I want to get reg no etched on all glasses. Does anybody know place in Mumbai where this can be done?
Attached Thumbnails
Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02621.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02622.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02624.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02625.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02626.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02627.jpg  

Got home Ritz ZXi (Fire Brick Red)-dsc02628.jpg  

Old 9th July 2009, 14:42   #2
BHPian

Congratulations cartech on the new car. It was just yesterday that I saw a Ritz in the same color in my city. It does suit the car real well. Here's wishes for many years of happy milecrunching. Enjoy the drive.
Old 9th July 2009, 15:56   #3
BHPian

Hi Congrats. Red really suits this car. I really love the interiors (refreshing). Can I make a humble suggestion? The steering cover looks shabbily done and seems like a sore point in the cabin. It could be done away with (my feeling). No offence meant
Old 9th July 2009, 16:30   #4
BHPian

Congrats! nice looking car . I really don't know why people don't compare Ritz with Putno/I20/Jaaz. Is it becuase maruti priced it lower? Interiors are way better than Punto(fit and finish), decent equipment level and great engine options and it is spacious and practical. If you go by head you buy ritz.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:40   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car. Does'nt the car feel smaller than your previous car? How does it compare in terms of comfort for a family of four?

Just curious, since you had a GM before, why were you so sure that you did not want another GM now? Any sore experiences with your Opel? BTW, how much did you sell your car for and any problems that caused you to sell? I mean 47000kms is hardly anything on an Opel. Thats one car that ages well.

Last edited by Lalvaz : 9th July 2009 at 16:42.
Old 9th July 2009, 16:46   #6
BHPian

Congratz on your new buy! Thats an amazing color & looks great!

~Gops
Old 9th July 2009, 17:08   #7
BHPian

Congratulations

Congratulation buddy on the new car. Indeed it has become tough to choose a car with so many choices now a days.

What is the initial milage that you are seeing on the car?
Old 9th July 2009, 17:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Hey let us know the mileage & your detailed ownership experience. Especially about the rattles ...
Old 9th July 2009, 18:48   #9
BHPian

Congratulations, I like this color too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Hi Congrats. Red really suits this car. I really love the interiors (refreshing). Can I make a humble suggestion? The steering cover looks shabbily done and seems like a sore point in the cabin. It could be done away with (my feeling). No offence meant
I see that many new car buyers go for this add-on cover which doesn't do the look of the interiors any good. Please go for the stiched ones (from Gsport, Stanley etc) for steering wheel and gear knob alone - it shouldn't cost too much and will look very nice, like the factory fitted ones.
Old 9th July 2009, 20:31   #10
ada
BHPian

Welcome to the Ritz club. Its a really nice car to drive, enjoy.
Old 9th July 2009, 20:44   #11
BHPian

Congratulations on your bright new Red ride. It looks good.

Btw, did you get V-Kool sun film? I see a box with V-Kool on it in the last couple of pics.
Old 9th July 2009, 20:47   #12
BHPian

Congratulations on your new addition. Please remove the V-Kool ad from your dashboard and the plastic covers from the hand brake. Wish you all the best.
Old 9th July 2009, 22:33   #13
BHPian

Congrats on the new car, Superb color in deed. Welcome to the Ritz club!
Old 9th July 2009, 23:27   #14
BHPian

God this car is slowly stealing my heart away , with the good price tag and a trusted dealer, this car will surely give a tough competition to on of its own,i.e SWIFT . I am also geting used to the rear end of the car as I keep on seeing so many of them in the chennai roads.

Is this the new refreshing sight that we should get used too ?

Old 10th July 2009, 00:09   #15
BHPian

Congratulations!!! on a good purchase. Wish a lot of safe miles ahead

Most Viewed