Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 09:31   #16
BHPian

nice choice of colour dude!
guess ritz looks best in fire brick red
enjoy your drive
Old 10th July 2009, 10:04   #17
BHPian

@nurni76: Yes I am going to remove the "leather" steering cover. It was "freebie" from the dealer.
@Lalvaz: GM service was resonable for these years. I decided to change the manufacturer because I did not like Spark and UVA after TD last year. The car(Corsa) itself was very reliable no breakdowns whatsoever. The ride quality was excellent. I got 1L for the car. There was some rust on the body, I exchanged with the dealer (Vitesse)

Compared to Corsa the inner space is little more (I have actually measured the inside distance between left and right doors) front distance is 1390mm and rear distance is 1350 mm.

I got vcool tints on the glasses(except front) for 5800/-

Can anyone suggest where I can get reg no etched on the glasses(in Mumbai)

I will post detailed ownership review after 1st service(Aug end). I have covered 100 kms only.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes. TEAM-BHP is a great forum!!

Last edited by cartech : 10th July 2009 at 10:07.
Old 13th July 2009, 09:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

Hey there is no A.C.Control on Zxi model,its a news to me.
Too much cost cutting

anyways nice color.
Old 14th July 2009, 07:54   #19
BHPian

cartech,

I thought Zxi comes with blue dashboard & interiors like this -> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...te-review.html But how come your Zxi has gray color interiors?

Regards!
Old 14th July 2009, 09:31   #20
ada
BHPian

@nithi, it depends on the exterior colour, I guess with outside colour like blue, white, it is blue inside, for others it would be grey.
Old 14th July 2009, 10:18   #21
BANNED

@cartech,
Congrats on your new buy, You have chosen a nice and colour is nice as well.
Happy Driving.

VT
Old 14th July 2009, 11:32   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ada View Post
@nithi, it depends on the exterior colour, I guess with outside colour like blue, white, it is blue inside, for others it would be grey.
Thanks for your reply. Grey looks a lot better then blue interiors. Can I choose while color [for the exterior] and still opt for grey interiors?

Regards!
Old 14th July 2009, 13:30   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congrats for the Ritz.Its a brilliant colour indeed.
Old 14th July 2009, 17:27   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
@nurni76:

I got vcool tints on the glasses(except front) for 5800/-
Congratulations - may I also suggest that you V Kool the front glass as well? It will cost - Rs 12k - because it needs to be fully transparent, while still rejecting solar energy. But the way the front glass of all cars slants these days, the dash and steering wheel are always in sunlight, and just the front glass accounts for over 60% of the heat generated inside. If you intend to keep the car for 5 years or more, it is a very worthwhile investment. Keep your dash plastics in good shape too - or better at any rate. I do this for all my cars. Knowing Mumbai, this is also one accessory spend that cannot be swiped or damaged by people outside the car!
I was to buy the car, but I was not able to wait for the one month it now takes to get the petrol cars, so I went to Hyundai. Just one thing - why did you prefer the Ritz to the i 20 Magna? They are much the same price, hence the question. Curious, that's all.
Old 14th July 2009, 20:13   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Can anyone suggest where I can get reg no etched on the glasses(in Mumbai)
Vitesse will do the same. Tell them during your first service and they would do the needful. I had done the same with them during my Alto's first service. Costed me approx 250 bucks.
Old 14th July 2009, 21:40   #26
BHPian

@cartech: Though I am a bit late, please accept my congratulations on your new Ritz ZXI. She sure does look good in that colour.

I have a query for you (maybe ada can answer this as well), how do you find the brakes? Did you find the ABS cutting in early? I am asking this because ACI mentioned something to this effect in their July issue.
Old 14th July 2009, 22:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Vitesse will do the same. Tell them during your first service and they would do the needful. I had done the same with them during my Alto's first service. Costed me approx 250 bucks.
Whats the reason behind etching the registration number on all the glasses.

Is it identify the vehicle in case of theft, or any other reason. If that's the case this is pretty cool. Who does these kinds of things.
Old 15th July 2009, 22:33   #28
Senior - BHPian

congrats for the car dude! I am interested in getting a zxi ritz, and the dealers is quoting at least 3 months waiting time for delivery?! is this reasonable?

btw, dealer was khivraj chennai (adyar)

cheers
Old 15th July 2009, 22:58   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
Whats the reason behind etching the registration number on all the glasses.

Is it identify the vehicle in case of theft, or any other reason. If that's the case this is pretty cool. Who does these kinds of things.
It works and I have seen it working for someone I knew.
As it goes the person had taken his Scorpio to Marine Drive, went for a walk and when returned the car was gone. The car was taken to Andhra Pradesh and used with a AP 09 number plate. The thief also used to put a Police placard in the car to avoid checks.
It was when a policeman was walking next to the vehicle saw the etched no. MH 01 VA something, he then saw the no. plate and was puzzled.
Yes, he got his Scorp back with a Police placard which he used for a while.

So, net net IT Works.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:00   #30
BHPian

Thanks Guys for good wishes. I am enjoying the car. The engine is super smooth and silent. I have to look at tacho to avoid double crancking.

I have done about 400km upto now (with 130km Mumbai-Ahmedabad hway). I am strictly observing breakin decipline(Never gone above 70kmph)

@Sawyer: Yes I am going to install front Vcool. I did not do this earlier because I was not sure whether this is permitted by RTO.

@Volt: Yes, I feel many times ABS cuts in at around 25kmph(I feel vibrations in break paddle).

@anekho: I got delivery after waiting of six weeks. I think 12 weeks is unreasonable.

Small things: Fain rattle sound from near passanger seat belt on B pillar joint. Windshild wiper fluid sprey weak on right nozzle. Driver seat height does not rise more than 1 cm. (Is it max seats can be raised)

On Friday(17th) there is a presentation by Vitesse works mgr and his team about Ritz m[FONT=Arial]aintenance.There is also a Q&A session with workshop team. I will go if my office schedule permits.(I will ask about early ABS response)[/FONT]

Planning to do 1st service around 1st/2nd Agust. I will post experience after the aervice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks