Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2009, 22:20   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
I have an opposite observation.

I set the drivers seat to my liking, both in i20 and punto, and then tried sitting behind the driver's seat w/o changing the setting. I found the i20 better in terms of legroom.

However, let me add that i had to push the punto's drivers seat all the way back to be comfy, but in the i20 i got a comfy driving position without putting the seat all the way back. I think it was a inch or so forward from the completely pushed back position.
I did not say Punto is more spacious than i20.
Old 13th July 2009, 08:26   #47
BHPian

nice review anshuman. it covered all the prospects.
Old 13th July 2009, 17:15   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

i20 vs Punto

See it with your own eyes,the seat was at the same place,those who have doubts can go and try it themselves,even i was shocked with the results,its the seat travel in Punto that causes misconceptions.

i20 CRDi vs Punto MJD :Testdrive-13072009333.jpg
i20 CRDi vs Punto MJD :Testdrive-13072009334.jpg
i20 CRDi vs Punto MJD :Testdrive-12072009327.jpg
i20 CRDi vs Punto MJD :Testdrive-12072009326.jpg
Old 13th July 2009, 20:06   #49
BHPian

Interestingly, I received a call from Hyundai dealer today asking me to check out i20 Diesel; though they are not offering any test-drive yet due to lack of RTO approval. When I told him that would be comparing it with GP, he mentioned that GP is a smaller vehicle as compared to i20!!!

i20 D Asta costs 7.74 OTR Pune and GP D E+ is 6.83 L OTR. Huge difference of 90k, and I am not sure if it's worth it. Anyway - I have put my decision on hold for now as some important & interesting events on personal front have take precedence!
Old 13th July 2009, 20:42   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
See it with your own eyes,the seat was at the same place,those who have doubts can go and try it themselves,even i was shocked with the results,its the seat travel in Punto that causes misconceptions.
From the pictures you have posted it seems like Punto is more spacious - front and back! Your legs are hitting the dash in i20 not in the Punto. You seem more cramped at the back in the i20 then in the Punto. Pretty shocking set of pictures! Good post.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:06   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
From the pictures you have posted it seems like Punto is more spacious - front and back! Your legs are hitting the dash in i20 not in the Punto. You seem more cramped at the back in the i20 then in the Punto. Pretty shocking set of pictures! Good post.
Indeed! Picture is worth thousand words, I'd say!
Old 13th July 2009, 21:10   #52
BHPian

Quote:
I appreciate your efforts in helping us understand the "leg room" issue, but would like to know why the angle of the leg is different in pic #1 and pic #3? IMHO, the seating posture of the person is not identical in these pictures and might be painting an unfair comparison.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:22   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
I appreciate your efforts in helping us understand the "leg room" issue, but would like to know why the angle of the leg is different in pic #1 and pic #3? IMHO, the seating posture of the person is not identical in these pictures and might be painting an unfair comparison.
Must be due to angle of photograph,but this was minimum space in front i could squeeze in,go try is yourself.

Why would i manipulate facts? just because i bought a punto,someday i might even buy a i20.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:22   #54
BHPian

I purchased the I 20 CRDI ASTA O with Sunroof today. The car is white in color. I got the vehicle from Venkateshwara Hyundai in Gulbarga, Karnataka.
I initially wanted to buy a petrol I 20 but due to delay in delivery i cancelled it. Now after the diesel was launched i inquired with the delear and within 2 days he confirmed to me that he can give the delivery in a week. I was happy and surprised as the delears in bangalore told me that it will take at least 2 months for delivery.
Today morning the sales guy called me telling me that the vehicle had come to the showroom and i can go there to inspect the vehicle. So i went to the showroom in the afternoon to have a look at the vehicle. Midway i decided to take delivery today only and told the sales guy to do temporary registration etc. By the time i reached the showroom it was about 3:30 PM and i was supposed to take delivery between 4 and 6 PM as the time was auspicious. I took delivery at about 5 PM and i drove back to my place for a distance of about 110 kms.
The engine is smooth and silent. The stearing is however very light and needs a little getting used to. The ride quality is reasonably good and the handling is not too good. However the suspension tends to make a little noise while going over potholes. I was unhappy with that fact. However the climate control was good and we never felt that the ac was on. The glove box cooling is not so effective though. The sunroof works smoothly and is a good feature. The tilt function of the sunroof works like a spoiler for the car. The car i bought has discs on all wheels. The rest of the features are similar to the top end petrol varient. This all the feedback i can give as of now. I could not upload any photos as i dont know the procedure for uploading photos.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:28   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Must be due to angle of photograph,but this was minimum space in front i could squeeze in,go try is yourself.

Why would i manipulate facts? just because i bought a punto,someday i might even buy a i20.
@.anshuman, sorry I did not mean that you manipulated facts. I was just pointing out what might be an unintentional error.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

@anshuman.... nice review there! Punto ride and handling combo is a very hard act to follow.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:36   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I took delivery at about 5 PM
You already got delivery? Here in Mumbai, dealers are not even offering test drives saying that the RTO hasn't approved the car. (The RTO again! )

Quote:
would like to know why the angle of the leg is different in pic #1 and pic #3? IMHO, the seating posture of the person is not identical
Angle of leg and seating posture changes because the person is cramped in one of the car's seats. It automatically happens as you try and get comfortable.

Last edited by amit : 13th July 2009 at 21:38.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:41   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
@anshuman.... nice review there! Punto ride and handling combo is a very hard act to follow.
Thanks Extreme torque, yes agreed i20 has a good ride but still Punto wins with a huge margin,welcome the new Ride,handling and steering benchmark.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:41   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
Hmm... Actually i too thought about the same 1st. But from the pics the leg room looks more in front in GP or do i get the feeling since the center console is protuding in GP. Anyways thanks for sharing the pics Anshuman.
Old 13th July 2009, 21:43   #60
BHPian

I think pmbabu has something there - nevertheless, the i20 definitely seems to have a more pronounced protrusion in the dash.

Could you please sit in a Swift too, and show us the results? We can use you as the official Team-bhp legroom measurement instrument!

Most Viewed