Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2009, 21:47   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
I think pmbabu has something there - nevertheless, the i20 definitely seems to have a more pronounced protrusion in the dash.

Could you please sit in a Swift too, and show us the results? We can use you as the official Team-bhp legroom measurement instrument!
Swift was much more cramped,but ill post the photos as soon as i manage to lay my hands on one.

Conclusion:Punto,i20 and Swift need more space, nothing can beat the boring Vista for space.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:20   #62
BHPian

@ anshuman: appreciate your effort to educate the forum regarding legroom misconception. really commendable job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmbabu View Post
I appreciate your efforts in helping us understand the "leg room" issue, but would like to know why the angle of the leg is different in pic #1 and pic #3? IMHO, the seating posture of the person is not identical in these pictures and might be painting an unfair comparison.

just concentrate on his knees in all four pics. Is it fair enough to say that you can't manipulate your upper leg (thigh) length? anshuman back is straight in all four photos and he is sitting in an upright position. so knee position relative to dash and seats should give you the perfect pic.
Old 13th July 2009, 22:30   #63
Senior - BHPian

nice comparison of seating ergonomics between i10 and GP.
Ofc Hyundai guys will always say things in favour of them
Old 13th July 2009, 22:49   #64
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by roms View Post
Palio platform or not, the Indian GP is based on the Brazilian version. This has been confirmed during the GP launch in Mumbai by the the product development manager for Punto in India. So the one you drive here is not identical to the one sold in Europe. For an example, I think the European GP has EPS (Electronic Power steering), the Indian GP has HPS (hydraulic). There are others as well, the position of roof antenna is different - the euro GP has it at the rear of the roof, while the brazilian and indianised GP have it in the front. Infact, the Indian GP and Palio share the same roof antenna.
Cmon, are you just speculating or you have proof? And why do you think the Brazilian Punto would be less safer than the European Punto? BTW, the european Punto does have EPS compared to HPS on the Linea. That is more because they decided to retain the HPS in the Linea just like they did with the dashboard. Anyway, a HPS would only make the car safer compared to EPS.

Old 13th July 2009, 22:53   #65
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
@ anshuman: appreciate your effort to educate the forum regarding legroom misconception. really commendable job.

just concentrate on his knees in all four pics. Is it fair enough to say that you can't manipulate your upper leg (thigh) length? anshuman back is straight in all four photos and he is sitting in an upright position. so knee position relative to dash and seats should give you the perfect pic.
BTW, when i sat in the i20 driver seat and adjusted the seat to my comfort, my knees were hitting the dash, which was uncomfortable.

Old 13th July 2009, 23:11   #66
Team-BHP Support

Anshuman, it would have been better if you had sat in the same position in both cars. In this case you are sitting in an upright position in the Punto whereas you are completely sunk into the seat of the i20. It's pretty obvious from the pictures but I guess it's difficult to replicate the same posture since you wouldn't be able to remember how you sat in the i20 the day before.

If I do the same test with 2 different postures, I can actually make my Alto look more spacious than my Lancer.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:31   #67
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid6639 View Post
Anshuman, it would have been better if you had sat in the same position in both cars. In this case you are sitting in an upright position in the Punto whereas you are completely sunk into the seat of the i20. It's pretty obvious from the pictures but I guess it's difficult to replicate the same posture since you wouldn't be able to remember how you sat in the i20 the day before.

If I do the same test with 2 different postures, I can actually make my Alto look more spacious than my Lancer.
I sat in both the cars and i am sharing what i observed,pictures are just for reference were taken after i had tried sitting on the rear seat,i actually adjusted the seat sitting upright.

I am planning another trip soon to the dealership again,just to get the photos again,i do not expect any major difference.
Old 13th July 2009, 23:35   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
See it with your own eyes,the seat was at the same place,those who have doubts can go and try it themselves,even i was shocked with the results,its the seat travel in Punto that causes misconceptions.

Attachment 158293
Attachment 158294
Attachment 158295
Attachment 158296
in the front seat, in i20 you have stretched your leg in such a way that legs are touching(brushing) the dashboard. while in punto, you didn't try to do that. look where your feet are in punto. if you tried to stretch in punto, you would have touched the dashboard and not able to stretch like i20.

in front seat picture, i can see your feet clearly in punto and not in i20 as you didn't stretch while in punto.

and for rear seat, i think front seat incline is also not the same. may be it is the angle of the picture taken that makes it look deceptive, but with front seat recline in i20, i can see almost the whole steering while it is not so in punto. so the degree of recline for front seat also may not be the same thereby giving wrong impression.

hope you get what i am trying to say.

nevertheless, i appreciate the pain you took to get those pictures. thanks
Old 14th July 2009, 02:27   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did not say Punto is more spacious than i20.
Chill Bhai... Not trying to start yet another i20 vs. GP war, there are enough on already on the forum

Just putting forward what I felt personally, since I am also struggling to decide between these 2 cars
Old 14th July 2009, 02:51   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
in the front seat, in i20 you have stretched your leg in such a way that legs are touching(brushing) the dashboard. while in punto, you didn't try to do that. look where your feet are in punto. if you tried to stretch in punto, you would have touched the dashboard and not able to stretch like i20.

in front seat picture, i can see your feet clearly in punto and not in i20 as you didn't stretch while in punto.

and for rear seat, i think front seat incline is also not the same. may be it is the angle of the picture taken that makes it look deceptive, but with front seat recline in i20, i can see almost the whole steering while it is not so in punto. so the degree of recline for front seat also may not be the same thereby giving wrong impression.

hope you get what i am trying to say.

nevertheless, i appreciate the pain you took to get those pictures. thanks
I might not be sitting upright in front seat,i am as upright as i can be on the rear seat.

As i have mentioned in another post the pics are just for reference not for comparison,go and try it yourself,both cars are cramped.

I did not take any pain to post the pictures it was my pleasure,
just to clear a misconception that i20 is spaciousand punto's pics were posted upon a request from a fellow bhpian.

Last edited by .anshuman : 14th July 2009 at 03:02.
Old 14th July 2009, 03:02   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As i have mentioned in another post the pics are just for reference not for comparison,go and try it yourself,both cars are cramped.

I did not take any pain to post the pictures it was my pleasure,just to clear a misconception that i20 is spaciousand punto's pics were posted upon a request from a fellow bhpian.
never mind my post. but i checked them out just 2 days before you did. though it didn't cross my mind at that time to click such pictures like you did.

didn't find either of them cramped. but i20's seat was more comfortable to me and my family compared to punto's. and the view varies from person to person.

don't wanna start a debate for this so lets rest the case here. we may have different views and that's why we are on this forum and i respect your opinion and your effort to post punto's pic too after request. its just that i found something was not 'right' in your pictures and just pointed out. don't take it personally
Old 14th July 2009, 03:10   #72
BHPian

Note from Mod : WATCH the tone. Do not make baseless allegations against the thread starter.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2009 at 11:55.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:20   #73
BHPian

I think this debate is meaningless. What is goods for one is not so for the other. Ultimately one has to choose a car which one is comfortable with. There is no need to justify one's choice
Old 14th July 2009, 11:29   #74
BHPian

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : SMS / Slang is STRICTLY prohibited on this community. We would much appreciate your using full & proper english in posts, for the benefit of other forum users.

Please view our board rules carefully before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2009 at 11:57.
rupinder is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th July 2009, 11:29   #75
Senior - BHPian

I was expecting people to jump onto Anshuman for his comments. What we need to realise is that everyone's body structures and idea about space is different. What maybe spacious for one maynot be for another. Everything about cars is subjective that's why we have so many different companies making different cars and that is why our life is so colourful.

Most Viewed