Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2009, 11:44   #76
BHPian

There is another thread which shows the rear space (min/max) for all cars. I20 has a lesser rear leg space than the Punto. Anshuman is correct in his unscientific observation.
Old 14th July 2009, 11:49   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
in the front seat, in i20 you have stretched your leg in such a way that legs are touching(brushing) the dashboard. if you tried to stretch in punto, you would have touched the dashboard and not able to stretch like i20.
I never knew our legs are 'stretchable'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupinder View Post
well i guess i depends on the shape and size of your butt .the fat content and the firmness will decide which seat is best for you .
That is a good point of view!

Those who disagree with Anshuman's analysis can check out the space in both the cars themselves!
Why doubt his intent? He just shared his observations here!

Last edited by finneyp : 14th July 2009 at 11:51.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:12   #78
BHPian

Great review and no doubt both are fantastic cars.

But one open question to everyone (maybe i'm stupid to ask or its already answered and have missed it).

Why has Hyundai priced the i20 so high? Its priced into premium small car league whereas the car is essentially just another small car. Also since the i20 is manufactured locally.

So many people would definitely want to get their hands on one but alas.
Old 14th July 2009, 12:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Why has Hyundai priced the i20 so high?
How deep is the ocean, how high is the sky, why has Hyundai / Honda priced the i20 / Jazz so high?

Questions like these can be answered only by the Almighty himself :-)

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 14th July 2009, 13:06   #80
Senior - BHPian

anshuman, good effort for analysing this.When i checked out both these cars they felt relatively the same but i20 was better in width as better for more then two adults on rear seats where GP was short andtight, knee area are almost same, felt one or one and half inch more in i20.
i m 6'1".
Old 14th July 2009, 14:54   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeler_Rebeiro View Post
There is another thread which shows the rear space (min/max) for all cars. I20 has a lesser rear leg space than the Punto. Anshuman is correct in his unscientific observation.
The space can be measured and compared in cms or inches but can it show you the shape of dashboard and intrusions if any?
For example punto has a more room for left foot on front passenger seat or Swift's dashboard is shaped such than a 6footer cannot slide the seat till dashboard.
Old 15th July 2009, 01:35   #82
Senior - BHPian

I guess it would have been best to see which car allows you to slouch the best. Frankly speaking, i20 looks smaller from the pics.

Has anyone noticed that the paint job on the i20 sucks? I mean our 6-7 year old Santro shines better than it!

Last edited by GTO : 15th July 2009 at 11:59. Reason: Quoted post has been deleted. Strictly no personal comments against members
Old 15th July 2009, 23:31   #83
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the leg room is the most essential feature while buying a car.
Old 15th July 2009, 23:48   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Looks like the leg room is the most essential feature while buying a car.
Not for me,i dont use the rear seats of my cars much,i wont even mind a 2door 4 seater.
Old 16th July 2009, 01:52   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Nor me... very many of us drive, at least mostly, as singles/couples.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:33   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Nor me... very many of us drive, at least mostly, as singles/couples.
yup for me too. The rear seat is not that essential to consider as a main fact while buying car. I drive alone most times and some times as couples but when frnds are going out together or trip then there are people in the back... but that is rare too.

Punto has better rear legroom than i20.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:57   #87
Team-BHP Support

Once upon a time it was, and as a result chose the wrong car (the Ikon over Baleno, Accent).
Old 16th July 2009, 19:28   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOS Power View Post
Why has Hyundai priced the i20 so high? Its priced into premium small car league whereas the car is essentially just another small car. Also since the i20 is manufactured locally.
Part of answer is in the Question itself !
So many people would definitely want to get their hands on one but alas.
The remaining answer is in second half
Basic economics =Demand v/s Supply
Its elementary dear doctor watson errr NOS Power
Old 16th July 2009, 20:27   #89
BHPian

Regarding the legroom in i20 and Punto. I personally feel that i20s dashboard is protruding a bit more (the lower beige part) and it has a curve that promotes a stance that a fellow bhpian has taken in the photograph. If in the i20, one takes a stance similar to the one taken in the Punto, then the knee might be too close to the dashboard for comfort.

There is the case of seat height also - if the passenger seat of a car is low, then one tends to take a i20 picture-like stance so as to get adequate under-thigh support.

Last edited by jessie007 : 16th July 2009 at 20:33.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:59   #90
BHPian

i did the test drive of both the cars,

I20 is overly priced,

One thing i noted explicitly, throttle response in i20 was really good when compared to Punto where i had to wait for the needle to touch 2500 rpm for the turbo to kick in. I found i20 more powerful than punto(i hate to say this being a FIAT fan), but the i20 lacked solid build which was revealed on bumpy and bad roads,

The other thing is, I dont know if anyone of you have faced this, when i bought my Santro in 2005 Nov, i found this rattling noise from the steering column area, especially when driving thru' rough patches. I had to fight a long battle with Hyundai to rectify the issue that was eventually zeroed-in due to a faulty steering assembly part of a defective batch..to my surprise i heard the same noises in the I20 As well !!!!

i20 offers features that have been well thought(like deep glove box with A/C blowers, bigger cabin space with well positioned roof, AUX in etc), but then again you are paying a hefty price for all this

Just my 2 cents

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks