Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 14:59   #31
Senior - BHPian

Don't paint the reverse sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
yea right, Jazz has it by default now.
i dont remember the brand for parking sensors.
I will be getting it painted pretty soon.
I would advise you against getting the parking sensors painted as it would reduce their effectiveness.

Black coloured ones don't look that bad.

A better idea would have been to purchase the sensors which come in the same shade.

Congratulations on your purchase !

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 31st July 2009, 07:48   #32
BHPian

Hello,

Had my first service on the Dzire VDI.

Kms Reading: 937
Fuel Consumed before having it serviced: 50 Ltrs
FE: I leave it for your calculations (Have done only 200 Kms trip - with stop go traffic and 70% AC along 937 Kms)
First Service Cost: 722.50 Rs + 4000 Rs (got the underbody coating - 10 years free service on any occurance of rust, Void if met with an accident)
Service Center: Pratham Motors, Outer Ring Road, Bengaluru.
Experience Rating: 3.5/5 (Did not meet the hype of Maruti USP, Maruti Service)

Did a Full Tank @ Shell Diesel Pump - 37 Rs per/ltr (if I may call a Petrol Pump as Diesel Pump) post service, will update the FE once I have emptied
Old 31st July 2009, 11:49   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Experience Rating: 3.5/5 (Did not meet the hype of Maruti USP, Maruti Service)

Did a Full Tank @ Shell Diesel Pump - 37 Rs per/ltr (if I may call a Petrol Pump as Diesel Pump) post service, will update the FE once I have emptied
Somehow I also agree that A.S.S. of Maruti has been overhyped. I have been to several Maruti Service Stations (including Pratham) in Bangalore, on several occasion with my friends, who are Maruti owners. The overall M.A.S.S. experience has been satisfactory, but not pleasant.

They may be following the highest standards while servicing, but the customer interaction part is neglected. The service stations and service advisors are generally overloaded, because of which there is a lack of personal attention given to each vehicle at the time of servicing. In fact, I always advise my friends to visit M.A.S.S. on weekdays to avoid the weekend rush.

I also take along these friends (Maruti owners) to Hyundai A.S.S. for my car's service, and they never fail to appreciate how friendly and courteous the Hyundai service advisors are, and the amount of personal attention that is given to each vehicle at the time of servicing (even on weekends). Also, the service advisor will ask the customer to fill a feedback form on the overall experience of this visit. Finally, after 2-3 days, the agency again gives you a call (and SMS) to collect feedback on the performance of your vehicle after the service.

Stick to Shell Diesel, you will appreciate the quality and quantity of fuel at Shell outlets.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 31st July 2009, 12:12   #34
BANNED

Do not go to Pratham Motors

Quote:
Hi there,
Please avoid going to Pratham Motors for service. It is known to be amongst the worst MASS at Bangalore. The best as per my own experience has been Suraksha and Mandovi. I know a couple of people there and moreover, their standards are much better.
Pratham takes advantage of the fact that they are situated in the IT hub of the city and there are many "bakras" like us who go there for service.
PM me in case you need any assistance with Maruti Service.
Old 31st July 2009, 13:26   #35
BHPian

@ Devdath, I am one of those bakaras as my home is just a stone throwaway :(

May be i will try Bimal, Whitefield for 2nd service. Since its close to my work place (ITPL)
Old 31st July 2009, 14:25   #36
BANNED

Quote:
@ Devdath, I am one of those bakaras as my home is just a stone throwaway :(

May be i will try Bimal, Whitefield for 2nd service. Since its close to my work place (ITPL)

Its ok Deepak, happens to all of us sometimes, but again, I would not recommend Bimal as they too are not known for their service skills and behaviour. I understand you wont need a service anytime sooner but when you need one, take some time out and go to good place even if it means a day towards getting it done.
Old 31st July 2009, 17:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Somehow I also agree that A.S.S. of Maruti has been overhyped. I have been to several Maruti Service Stations (including Pratham) in Bangalore, on several occasion with my friends, who are Maruti owners. The overall M.A.S.S. experience has been satisfactory, but not pleasant.

They may be following the highest standards while servicing, but the customer interaction part is neglected. The service stations and service advisors are generally overloaded, because of which there is a lack of personal attention given to each vehicle at the time of servicing. In fact, I always advise my friends to visit M.A.S.S. on weekdays to avoid the weekend rush.

I also take along these friends (Maruti owners) to Hyundai A.S.S. for my car's service, and they never fail to appreciate how friendly and courteous the Hyundai service advisors are, and the amount of personal attention that is given to each vehicle at the time of servicing (even on weekends). Also, the service advisor will ask the customer to fill a feedback form on the overall experience of this visit. Finally, after 2-3 days, the agency again gives you a call (and SMS) to collect feedback on the performance of your vehicle after the service.

Stick to Shell Diesel, you will appreciate the quality and quantity of fuel at Shell outlets.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Actually a lot depends on the MASS. For e.g. when I took my Dzire VDi to Sai Service, Lower Parel, that place was absolutely a big mess. Forget feedback and return calls, it was difficult to get the job done. Shifted to my old faithful Vitesse, Prabhadevi and their service is class apart. Apart from proper service, their customer interaction followed by atleast two phone calls post service and then their feedback is really great.

I am not anti Hyundai/Maruti but just feel that a lot depends on the Service Center too.
Old 31st July 2009, 18:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1fan View Post
Actually a lot depends on the MASS. For e.g. when I took my Dzire VDi to Sai Service, Lower Parel, that place was absolutely a big mess. Forget feedback and return calls, it was difficult to get the job done. Shifted to my old faithful Vitesse, Prabhadevi and their service is class apart. Apart from proper service, their customer interaction followed by atleast two phone calls post service and then their feedback is really great.

I am not anti Hyundai/Maruti but just feel that a lot depends on the Service Center too.
Totally agree with you on this point. The A.S.S. experience is not brand specific, but depends on the dealer.

Its just that many of my friends (Maruti owners) have had bad experiences with several Maruti Service Centres in Bangalore. What I have observed is that the dealerships which are located in prime localities (new Bangalore city with IT crowd) generally tend to take things for granted.

The situation is better in dealerships located in the older localities of Bangalore (non-IT area). Also, there is a remarkable difference in the customer experience in different branches of the same dealership (located in IT area / non-IT area) !

I am not aware of the situation in other cities, I can only comment on the experience I (and my friends) have had in Bangalore.

Agreed that Hyundai owners in Bangalore (including me) have also had their share of bad experiences with H.A.S.S., I still feel that the customer gets a better treatment in Hyundai A.S.S. as compared to Maruti A.S.S.

Rohan,
Bangalore
Old 13th August 2009, 22:54   #39
BHPian

Second Full tank emptied now

Total Kms: 680
Fuel: 42 Ltrs

No Problems till date (touchwood)

Small rattles where fixed during the first service.

Have filled in again full tank. Will report once emptied.
Old 30th September 2009, 12:25   #40
BHPian

Hello,

I have been filling up Shell diesel and the mileage has been dropping off late from 18 kmpl to 16kmpl. Should i still continue filling up shell or change to IOCL, HP or BP..please suggest.
Ideally, is shell diesel good for DDiS engines?
Old 2nd October 2009, 12:32   #41
MCR
BHPian

Congrats on the purchase deepakchiniwal.

I have a few questions;

1. How is the high speed stability of the car? Does it ride well at 120 kmph?
2. How is the backseat comfort on not so good and potholed roads?
3. What are the service intervals?
4. How does the car feel on long drives? Any problems with underbody scraping because of luggage?
5. How much does the USB FM transmitter cost? Does it work well?
6. Is the suspension better than Santro Xing's suspension?
Old 2nd October 2009, 13:24   #42
BHPian

My comments in bold

1. How is the high speed stability of the car? Does it ride well at 120 kmph?
Stability is Ok, I am still using the stock tyres. Its belivied to handle better with a wider tyres (Zdi) atleast.
2. How is the backseat comfort on not so good and potholed roads?
Rear Seat comfort is good
3. What are the service intervals?
Every 10k Kms after 1 year. First year its 1 month/1000 Kms, 6 months/5000kms and 12 months/10000kms
4. How does the car feel on long drives? Any problems with underbody scraping because of luggage?
I have not gone on highways yet. But have travelled from Maratahalli to Airport few times with full luggage and people. Have not scrapped a single hump in Bangalore
5. How much does the USB FM transmitter cost? Does it work well?
USB FM transmitter costed me 550/- on JC Road. It worked well, drawback is everytime you stop and start the engine songs start from the first song/folder :( though you get a remote for that.
6. Is the suspension better than Santro Xing's suspension?
I am not sure of Santro's suspension, when compared to Indica Xeta i felt a bit hard. But Maruti guys says thats how it is intended to be due to road conditions in India.
Old 4th October 2009, 22:46   #43
Senior - BHPian

Do you use Shell Regular or Premium?
Old 4th October 2009, 23:06   #44
BHPian

I use the shell regular and fill it on Varthur Main Road (enroute to Forum Vaule Mall).
Old 5th October 2009, 14:15   #45
Senior - BHPian

Havent tried shell yet, but IOC all the way regular diesel, reduces engine noise as well as good mileage in my indica, also is used by my friend for his swift D, so try ioc once.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks