Team-BHP - Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/61462-tata-safari-2-2-ex-4x4-edit-changed-chassis-munching-miles-now-10.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1397965)
Tejas,

Wanna test your 4x4 - do the ultimate test @ http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-ex...y-offroad.html

Maybe I will tag along! :D

EDIT: But it looks like a hard-core OTR! Not sure if this might be the best one to attend for a first! And it also seems like a pure Gypsy & Jeep terrain!

Can never be sure of the terrain when Khan makes a post for an OTR! For his "Spider" does not know what an obstacle is!!!!

I got to know from khan_sultan that there's one more 4x4 safari on its way for the same! 99% I am coming, 1% depends on the Home ministry :D.

Tejas, time to get the thread title edited methinks! We have moved on from the damaged chassis haven't we:).

(You can request our good old tsk to do the needful)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1397999)
I got to know from khan_sultan that there's one more 4x4 safari on its way for the same!

"That" Safari is 70k kms old:D (if its the one that I think it is!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1397883)
I am using Philips 90/100 with Hella relay. Should I get the 4300k put?

Thanks,
Tejas

Yes, atleast that. Checkwith blueraven aka satya.

Philips which? I am very happy with 90/100 Philips Rally. Can you post a pic of Hella relya?

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1398000)
Tejas, time to get the thread title edited methinks! We have moved on from the damaged chassis haven't we:).

(You can request our good old tsk to do the needful)

"That" Safari is 70k kms old:D (if its the one that I think it is!)

Yes we have a true blue new chassis (at least for nowlol:)! At least I will go there and check the route, if I get stuck then there will be some M&Ms/Gypsies to get me out which for sure will happen:D...

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1398014)
Yes, atleast that. Checkwith blueraven aka satya.

Philips which? I am very happy with 90/100 Philips Rally. Can you post a pic of Hella relya?

I will post the pic in the evening. I don't take the truck to office.

Quote:

... 1% depends on the Home ministry :D.

The 1% did me in!!! I forgot about a previous engagement (happily) and was planning for this (aka, hitch-hiking with someone). Guess my luck with OTR's will start only when I have my set of wheels!

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1398000)
..."That" Safari is 70k kms old:D (if its the one that I think it is!)

Where is that 70k kms old vehicle person? Long time no see!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1398014)
... Philips which? I am very happy with 90/100 Philips Rally. Can you post a pic of Hella relya?

Ah, great. You use Philips 100/90. I am thinking of going for this (since this is the same ones that I use in the Alto), but Gowda (Raghu) mentioned that he is having a wonderful experience with Osram Nightbreakers. So, will decide after I see both.

But JK, isn't the head-unit of Safari strong enough to house 130/100?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bantejas (Post 1398019)
... if I get stuck then there will be some M&Ms/Gypsies to get me out which for sure will happen:D...

Well, you will need couple of those M7M's / Gypsies to pull you out! :uncontrol

Quote:

I got to know from khan_sultan that there's one more 4x4 safari on its way for the same! 99% I am coming, 1% depends on the Home ministry :D.

It's time to test full vehicle buddy:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sha (Post 1398056)
It's time to test full vehicle buddy:).

yep! I am gearing up for that! May be I should get one of the TASS along with me and show him what exactly is required out the truck! He for sure will be stunned :uncontrol!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1398054)
The 1% did me in!!! I forgot about a previous engagement (happily) and was planning for this (aka, hitch-hiking with someone). Guess my luck with OTR's will start only when I have my set of wheels!

I have to hunt for a house within coming week else we will be homeless! So I am putting everything on Sat to get a flat! I just said no to an engagement for Sunday in case we get a house:D.

And "tumhara number aaega.. jaroor aaega!"

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1398054)

Ah, great. You use Philips 100/90. I am thinking of going for this (since this is the same ones that I use in the Alto), but Gowda (Raghu) mentioned that he is having a wonderful experience with Osram Nightbreakers. So, will decide after I see both.

But JK, isn't the head-unit of Safari strong enough to house 130/100?

Nope it isn't, you cannot use 130/100

Quote:

Originally Posted by gowda79 (Post 1398093)
Nope it isn't, you cannot use 130/100

Darn! Is it!!!

The Sumo was capable of running on 130/100's (used that in my brother's Sumo, when it was there) and use to light the cabin's of those pesky truckers!

But then yes, it is a nuisance to the smaller vehicles, since even low bean was powerful enough!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HappyWheels (Post 1398190)
Darn! Is it!!!

The Sumo was capable of running on 130/100's (used that in my brother's Sumo, when it was there) and use to light the cabin's of those pesky truckers!

But then yes, it is a nuisance to the smaller vehicles, since even low bean was powerful enough!

Sumo's are with Glass headlamps, but Safari comes with Fiber so these get overheated and start melting

Being a stickler for 'stock' vehicle, I will suggest that you leave the original headlights as they are and fixx a pair of Hella's or Lightforce in addition. Will look good, apart from giving you the flexibility of focusing the add ons to your specific requirements.

You may add a small bullbar for the fitment or dix them on the existing bumper as I have. Trust me, more than enough light and I focus them to suit my driving style.

JSL,

Can you please post a photo of your vehicle with the lights? I went thru your post and did not see any photos of that! :(

@ Happywheels>> I dont think i have posted specific pics, but here are some pics with a 3/4 & side view of the Hellas on my Safari. Will post better pics when i find them.

Heres the link:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...please-69.html