Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 22:45   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Jay - you fixed a clamp between the bumper and the body? Sorry about going haywire on this topic, but am trying to get the same thing done.
Old 24th July 2009, 08:31   #152
Senior - BHPian

@ Bantejas> not hijacking your thread. Just sharing info.
@redliner> No clamp. I drilled a hole in the bumper and bolted the lights straight into it. The BUmper meshes into the front grillle and gets enough support & strength to prevent the lights from shaking.
But note, while speeding on 'extremely' bumpy roads or flying through large potholes the lights shake a bit. I presume this would happen if fitted on a crash guard too.
Old 24th July 2009, 10:05   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
Being a stickler for 'stock' vehicle, I will suggest that you leave the original headlights as they are and fixx a pair of Hella's or Lightforce in addition. Will look good, apart from giving you the flexibility of focusing the add ons to your specific requirements.

You may add a small bullbar for the fitment or dix them on the existing bumper as I have. Trust me, more than enough light and I focus them to suit my driving style.
Thanks a lot jay. Even I am for the lightforce/Hella to the truck. I don't want to have a bull bar and may be fixing it on the existing bumper.

I know that Light force is better than the Hella and I have never been in a car with Hella but been in one with the Light force. It was very easy for us to cruise down from Chennai to Bangalore in the night. Cost wise it is more expensive than the Hella but is it really worth it?
Old 24th July 2009, 10:58   #154
Senior - BHPian

I am more than happy with my Hella Comet 500. They are smaller and lighter than the Lightforce. It is the right size of light to have if you want to fix it on the bumper. Anything bigger will be heavier. I like the light focus, throw and clarity. My objective being to increase visibility for me without blinding oncoming road users.
Getting the best out of your lights depends a lot upon how you set them.
I have never used Lightforce. The model mentioned above cost me 2.5k + 150 for relay & fitting.

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 24th July 2009 at 11:00.
Old 27th July 2009, 11:54   #155
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Have used Hella Comet 1000 for last 4 years - They are great, but adding higher power bulbs and relays to the original headlight fixtures worked better for me.

Hella Comet 1000 had costed be about Rs. 3200-3600 + fitting.
Old 27th July 2009, 13:28   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
They're kidding you, right. Chassis manufactured on demand??? I hope this is not a case of repaired chassis?
chassis are there in stock, but unpunched. chassis number is punched only while assembling the vehicles, not before that.

@ bantejas,
feel very bad indeed to hear such a bad experience.
well the chassis number which indicates JAN 09 according to you is the month in which the chassis has rolled out from the assembly line.
however its not necessary that the vehicle is immediately dispatched to the dealership from pune. it might be lying around in the plant itself till the order has been given.
its quite difficult to find out when the vehicle was sent to the dealership and all. so dont conclude that dealership gave u a 5 month old vehicle lying with them.

well if you PM me the exact chassis number i can easily give you all the details. when it was manufactured, day-date-time-shift, whether quality held, if so what reasons etc.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:34   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
chassis are there in stock, but unpunched. chassis number is punched only while assembling the vehicles, not before that.

@ bantejas,
feel very bad indeed to hear such a bad experience.
well the chassis number which indicates JAN 09 according to you is the month in which the chassis has rolled out from the assembly line.
however its not necessary that the vehicle is immediately dispatched to the dealership from pune. it might be lying around in the plant itself till the order has been given.
its quite difficult to find out when the vehicle was sent to the dealership and all. so dont conclude that dealership gave u a 5 month old vehicle lying with them.

well if you PM me the exact chassis number i can easily give you all the details. when it was manufactured, day-date-time-shift, whether quality held, if so what reasons etc.
Thanks a ton! I will pm the chassis number tonight. I don't have it right now in front of me.

Btw, the truck is doing OK now. I haven't found any issues with it still may be because I havem't taken it out except yesterday to the TASS for the regular check up from Tata Motors .
Old 27th July 2009, 17:35   #158
Senior - BHPian

Tejas,

What happened to your meeting with Concord people?
Old 27th July 2009, 17:43   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Tejas,

What happened to your meeting with Concord people?
I am meeting them tomorrow at 6 PM. I've asked the sales exec who sold the car to me so that we can have a chat face to face.

Right now they've agreed to sell the car for me and give me a good deal for it. I shouted back and told them if at all they want to do it, they better give me back the whole money and not only the selling price.

They have also agreed to send a person every month home to do a checkup.

BTW, near my new place (where I'll be shifting on the coming weekend), there's a emm Tata Motors Service Station. Does any one know how they are?
Old 28th July 2009, 00:38   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
BTW, near my new place there's a emm Tata Motors Service Station. Does any one know how they are?
Which locality is this ?
Old 28th July 2009, 08:45   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Which locality is this ?
This is in Banaswadi near Bangalore city college outer ring road, no details on the quality of service but they are TASS.
Old 12th August 2009, 11:44   #162
BHPian

small update

Sorry for not updating this thread, here's a small update:

We have been using the truck for quite some time and it is behaving well. Now I don't know about the 4wd since I have not tested it as I have been running pretty busy. Hopefully in one of the OTRs I will be able to test it out.

I am planning on taking the truck to goa-pune-mumbai-etc and back, but I am not sure since it depends on my wife who is not getting a holiday . If she doesn't come then I will go on bike as she would use the truck in bangy.

These days we have been driving only within the city (mostly my wife drives to her office). I happen to ask her daily if she found any issues or any sound which has declined till date. She drives a little rash though and doesn't care about the potholes: so I believe her.

I took out the vehicle once for a short drive of 60 kms a few days back, I didn't hear any sound either. However, I am finding the wiper+headlights of no use on a rainy night. As I have said earlier I have the stock wiper blades + Hella H4 90/100. I think that I need to upgrade it. Please let me know the best that I can go for. I have gone through the other thread on headlights but I am still confused. I am still not sure if I should go with the Philips HID 4000 as dev suggested or with Lightforce which I like. I hope that the seniors will help me out here (again).

More to come when I go for a long drive. I don't know when that's going to happen because of our packed weekends.

I really want to thank you all for the support (esp dev)! I hope that most of the big problems are gone. Smaller ones can be treated in the second service.

Tejas
Old 12th August 2009, 12:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still not sure if I should go with the Philips HID 4000 as dev suggested or with Lightforce which I like.
Go with the Light Force
Old 12th August 2009, 14:15   #164
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post

As I have said earlier I have the stock wiper blades + Hella H4 90/100. I think that I need to upgrade it. Please let me know the best that I can go for. I have gone through the other thread on headlights but I am still confused. I am still not sure if I should go with the Philips HID 4000 as dev suggested or with Lightforce which I like. I hope that the seniors will help me out here (again).
I would still recommend Philips HIDs....they are technically advanced, brighter and are easy to install. Check out the thread from the Bhubaneshwar Safari VX Pearl white. The difference is superb.
Old 12th August 2009, 14:53   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would still recommend Philips HIDs....they are technically advanced, brighter and are easy to install. Check out the thread from the Bhubaneshwar Safari VX Pearl white. The difference is superb.
I've seen it but didn't find it that great. Anyways, I still have some time in my hand for deciding. btw, this week i am off to coorg on bike .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks