Old 12th August 2009, 14:57   #166
Senior - BHPian

Osram Silverstar +50%. 60/55s.

And Tejas, please get the thread title edited
Old 12th August 2009, 16:14   #167
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
I've seen it but didn't find it that great.
Well, the only thing brighter than HIDs in automobiles are aircraft lights... So if HIDs do not impress you, the Sun God alone can.....
Superb...where in Coorg? In a group or alone??
Old 12th August 2009, 16:25   #168
BHPian

SAme issues evenin the new car??????

I had a similar problem with my safari and I have photos takes with the old and the new chassis. The have changed some design in the new one.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:01   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, the only thing brighter than HIDs in automobiles are aircraft lights... So if HIDs do not impress you, the Sun God alone can...
Good one! The sun God eh?
Old 12th August 2009, 23:59   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
I had a similar problem with my safari and I have photos takes with the old and the new chassis. The have changed some design in the new one.

!!!Can you please elaborate on it?
Old 13th August 2009, 10:02   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
Chassis design changed? Interesting! Photos will definitely help in all us understanding the changes you have noted. Please share them.
Quote:
!!!Can you please elaborate on it?
Tejas,
Am sure you would have got the "new, improved" chassis, if at all any change was there. So, change the to
Old 13th August 2009, 13:54   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Chassis design changed? Interesting! Photos will definitely help in all us understanding the changes you have noted. Please share them.

Tejas,
Am sure you would have got the "new, improved" chassis, if at all any change was there. So, change the to
Precisely, He is Concorde's most dreaded customer now....They would not mind giving him an "Export Quality" chassis too.....
Old 13th August 2009, 14:04   #173
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Precisely, He is Concorde's most dreaded customer now....They would not mind giving him an "Export Quality" chassis too.....
absolutely, concorde's customer like him might be seen with a export quality chasis too in a while.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:16   #174
BHPian

Quote:

That is true. I don't think that they want to see my face till the second service. I still need to go there to get some beautification done (rather they are coming some time). The console had some scratches and so I asked them to replace it. They cribbed about by saying that it was done by me (because of ambi pure leak it seems). I fought out and now they are doing it for free (again). Like this I think that every part of the car will change in some time and I will keep having a new car again and again !
Old 13th August 2009, 15:42   #175
BHPian

Quote:
more than me/my truck, you know who they are scared of: you my friend !

MODS: Can you please change the title of the thread to anything that you guys like?

Last edited by bantejas : 13th August 2009 at 15:43.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:56   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... MODS: Can you please change the title of the thread to anything that you guys like?
Like what - " Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4 from Concorde - they are still paying!!!" ???

Old 13th August 2009, 16:05   #177
BHPian

Chassis repair.

Hi guys,

I should have elaborated a bit more.

Any ways here it goes, I bought a Safari Dicor 3.0 on December 2007 ( 65000 KMs). As I am an NRI and visit India once a year, I thought it may be a wise decision to buy a second hand unit.

Any how, The car performed very well until last year with out any issues and no warning lights. The car is used by my parents occasionally and they started noticing a weird wobble in the front driver side wheel. This only happens when they drive it over a pot hole and it doesn't stay for long.

Fortunately on one occasion when they were planning to go on a local errand, my dad took the car off the garage and all he noticed was the steering got jammed in complete right. No matter how hard he tried the steering was completely jammed.

They contacted Tata motors from Coimbatore, which is one of the Tata service station to investigate the issue. A service engineer with a support tech came to investigate the problem and initially found that power steering box is damaged and requires further service. So they towed the Car to Tata motors.

After a week long inspection they gave a call to confirm chassis damage in the section which holds the power steering box. I have been well informed about this situation from start and I personally had a chat with the service tech while the came to inspect before towing. I requested my Dad to take picture as that is the only way for me to analyze the issues from abroad.

After hearing the news from Tata about chassis replacement, I was almost pissed off to a state where I realized I could have spend a little bit more and bought a brand new unit. The good side of the story is ( Touch Wood) my parents were not travelling and the steering lock didn't happen while they where driving.

Now the Interesting part, Since it is a manufacturer defect I am not covered by insurance. So I have to do the repair at my own cost. Repair cost Rs.95000 + tax. I did manage to get all the pictures taken by my dad as it will help me have an understanding on the repair process.

As I agreed to proceed with the repair, they brought in a new chassis, which on closer inspection clearly shows the power steering mount on the chassis had reinforcements bars compared to the old chassis where the problem actually raised. I noticed this from my Dads pictures and on further phone conversation to the service tech didn't help resolving the issues as it is a second hand vehicle.

After all this, I finally got my vehicle back after 10 days with a new chassis, and few new problems which never appeared before. Most of them were minor, except one major pain in the back issue. They fixed all the minor problems, but the major one is not not rectified yet.

Minor faults : vehicle going right on straight line, Rattling noise and flat battery.
Pain in the Back : Service tech messed up big time with the wiring harness and I am having a warning symbol in the car.

So this is how the situation is right now, I am visiting India in about 2 months and planning to do most of the repair my self with some support form local guys.

For the picture, since I am a newbie I cannot upload pictures. Give me some thought on uploading some pictures.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:42   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Like what - " Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4 from Concorde - they are still paying!!!" ???

What are they paying still ???
Old 13th August 2009, 22:33   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
What are they paying still ???
Not in currency, but paying for their mis-deed of selling a faulty vehicle to him!
Old 13th August 2009, 23:51   #180
BANNED

Quote:
Not in currency, but paying for their mis-deed of selling a faulty vehicle to him!
But changing the dashboard for someone else's perfume fetish is too much.

I dont like such kind of payments. And guys that too unfair .

Most Viewed