Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2009, 15:04   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Whether to go to court or not is entirely your decision, but I suggest do not agree to repairs.
No use fighting with them.
Catch hold of customer care, and tell them what solution they propose.
If they say "repair" tell them no. you want defective parts replaced.
For example if ECU has a problem replace ECU
If 4x4 has a problem replace the Transfer Case and other related parts
Ditto for the chasis.
Normally in Brand new cars, Tata usually goes the replacement route. For example my safari's radiator was loosing coolant (not from bottom, but evaporative). Instead of messing around with seals and trying to find out the leak, they replaced the entire radiator. I did not even have to ask for this.
Tanveer,

I am getting all the parts replaced (including the chassis) at this point of time. ECUs/radiators etc can be replaced, but chassis? I am only worried about that. I don't know how it will be after the chassis change. 4x4 is being checked thoroughly. I have asked them to check the Transfer case/ECU (again since I don't think it is functioning properly).
Old 10th July 2009, 15:17   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi Tejas,
I too am from Bangalore and am aware of the fact that Concorde has among the best service facilities here for Tata vehicles.
I feel you could take the help of Dadu and Gowda who are older owners of Safari and get the mail addresses of the Tata people up there.
I in fact remember a thread where Dadu has mentioned knowing a few senior people at Tata Motors who are involved in the development of the Safari.

As far as the chassis replacement goes, it is highly recommended that you try your best to get a replacement vehicle by being persistent but patient. I would not rule out a personal visit to the Tata Motors HQ at Pune/Mumbai and meeting the PRO team there.

It is certainly possible that the vehicle becomes normal after the chassis is replaced but I m not sure if Concorde can do the job as it is supposed to be done. As you know, the chassis is amongst the most crucial components of any vehicle and many parts need to mounted very precisely onto it during fitment which is why I m not sure if your car will be back to normal after it is replaced.
Apart from this you also have the pending 4H issue with the ECM/ECU.

In my opinion, do not give up, and try your best to get a replacement from Tata. I feel it is possible.
Hi Tejas,
I think Concorde has cheated you with an old and defective vehicle. Please sue them and also make sure you get a new vehicle. Dont go for any replacement of parts as each thing will konk off as each day passes.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:29   #18
BANNED

Lets unite for him...

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
Hi Tejas,
I think Concorde has cheated you with an old and defective vehicle. Please sue them and also make sure you get a new vehicle. Dont go for any replacement of parts as each thing will konk off as each day passes.

Hi PowerRanger,
I agree with you that Tejas should ideally sue Tata Motors and Concorde as both of them are responsible for what he is facing but dont you think it is worth trying to approach them and getting out of this mess amicably if possible.

I m sure we TBHPians at Bangalore could go together to Concorde with him if required.Also, as Bangalore has a number of new Safari owners, we could form a sizeable voice and address this issue together.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:34   #19
BANNED

Lets wait till tomorow then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Regarding the chassis change in Concorde, I saw that they have majority of the components required to change the chassis. However, I was planning on going to Pune to talk to some people about it, but canceled it after thinking for a long time. I expected the same answer from them too. Now that I have given it for a replacement of the chassis, I can't do anything but wait till tomorrow and then take a decision after running it for some driving it for some time. It has been my mistake but even after speaking to a lot of people, they are not ready to change the vehicle.
Hi,
In case the issue is not sorted out by tomorrow, all of us TBHPians could unite and pursue it together. I m ready to be with you whenever the need be. I guess we could also take the help of existing Safari owners at Bangalore as well.
All the best for tomorrow and keep your fingers crossed.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:34   #20
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Tanveer,

I am getting all the parts replaced (including the chassis) at this point of time. ECUs/radiators etc can be replaced, but chassis? I am only worried about that. I don't know how it will be after the chassis change. 4x4 is being checked thoroughly. I have asked them to check the Transfer case/ECU (again since I don't think it is functioning properly).
Since its not a monoque design, but an old school ladder on frame chasis, it can indeed be changed.
However make sure the alignment etc., is done when this is done.
As for 4x4, if you have issues, keep taking it back to service center. Eventually if they are unable to fix it by changing sensors, they will change system.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:38   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Hi PowerRanger,
I agree with you that Tejas should ideally sue Tata Motors and Concorde as both of them are responsible for what he is facing but dont you think it is worth trying to approach them and getting out of this mess amicably if possible.

I m sure we TBHPians at Bangalore could go together to Concorde with him if required.Also, as Bangalore has a number of new Safari owners, we could form a sizeable voice and address this issue together.
Thanks a lot Devdath! I do not know what to say as I am simply at loss of words for what ever you wrote. I will have to wait till tomorrow to get the vehicle. I don't know what can be done before that. It would be nice if some one who has seen the Tata Safari for a long time could TD my vehicle once I get it. Again Devdath, I really am at loss of words! Thanks a ton! I will update tomorrow for sure after a TD.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:41   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Its quite possible you got a used vehicle or an abused vehicle.
Chasis having issues mean it could have been in an accident....
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Tejas it is a clear game played by the Concorde and you need to take them to task and do what you can by putting more pressure on the Tata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by power ranger View Post
... I think Concorde has cheated you with an old and defective vehicle. ...
+1. It seems that way only -- else it is surprising how could chassis have a weld coming of. In that case it tells about the QC at TATA.

Even though I have heard that TATA have the best warranty schemes and are liberal in replacing parts but this is truly a shocker.

Anyway, best of luck buddy in resolving this. Too bad an experience when one buys a new vehicle and looks forward to a pleasant ownership experience.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:41   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now that I have given it for a replacement of the chassis, I can't do anything but wait till tomorrow and then take a decision after running it for some driving it for some time. It has been my mistake but even after speaking to a lot of people, they are not ready to change the vehicle.
Take a nice ride until you feel that the vehicle is perfect you do not take the delivery.

Coming to changing the vehicle, that is something which is not a easy thing which can be done on a fly as the vehicle is registered in your name and they cannot do anything until it has been sold to others as a 2nd hand vehicle.

Quote:
how could chassis have a weld coming of. In that case it tells about the QC at TATA.
Khan bhai this could even be at the showroom this damage could be caused due to the abusing by the guys in showroom, we cannot directly blame the TATA in this scenario.

Last edited by gowda79 : 10th July 2009 at 15:43.
Old 10th July 2009, 15:44   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Since its not a monoque design, but an old school ladder on frame chasis, it can indeed be changed.
However make sure the alignment etc., is done when this is done.
As for 4x4, if you have issues, keep taking it back to service center. Eventually if they are unable to fix it by changing sensors, they will change system.
Thanks tanveer. I don't have a choice right now do I? I am actually eagerly waiting for tomorrow. It feels like the delivery date now.
Most of the parts of the 4x4 have been changed. If I remember only the transfer case was the only thing remaining. I will get an update in another half an hr regarding the TD that the TASS is doing with a Tata Motors Exec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
+1. It seems that way only -- else it is surprising how could chassis have a weld coming of. In that case it tells about the QC at TATA.

Even though I have heard that TATA have the best warranty schemes and are liberal in replacing parts but this is truly a shocker.

Anyway, best of luck buddy in resolving this. Too bad an experience when one buys a new vehicle and looks forward to a pleasant ownership experience.
Thanks a lot khan_sultan. I hope to meet you on one the off roading sessions some time with my 4x4 once it is done .
I need to actually need to test the 4L on a rocky path tomorrow. Are there any places on Bellary Road? I know that it is off topic so kindly ignore it if it is at a wrong place.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 10th July 2009 at 16:18. Reason: Back to back posts merged, please use multi quote feature
Old 10th July 2009, 16:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Shocking... chassis replacement on a brand new vehicle just isnt done. You should press for replacement.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:12   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post

I'd really be interested in seeing what finally comes up here. To me, it sounds more like a damaged vehicle, not something that came from the factory. More like the dealer's boys having some weekend fun which went wrong.

Remember that video on Youtube??!!!
Old 10th July 2009, 16:14   #27
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Lets call a spade a spade.

Saw a couple of replies referring to the used xenon 4X4 case. In that case the buyer was aware that the vehicle was slightly used and got a better deal on account of that. So won't blame concorde.

It is possible that this is a misused car and that the dealer is responsible. (The manufacturing date would hint towards that.)

It is also possible that TATA itself produced a lemon. Though would also like to say that even after some use by the dealer, would not expect a relatively new suv to develop the defects that it has. So TATA definately is to blame.

Replacement of Chassis and 4X4 chassis is possible and should be done. Post that the safari should be as good as it is ever going to be. It should be then compared (by driving) with another newer or similar age safari. If the condition (drive) is similar - accept the car. If not and other defects still exist point out to the dealer and he will have to sort out or get tata to sort out the same.

Would not recommend going to court in this case as of now, unless the owner is pepared to manage without a car he has paid for, for a long while.
Old 10th July 2009, 16:18   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Saw a couple of replies referring to the used xenon 4X4 case. In that case the buyer was aware that the vehicle was slightly used and got a better deal on account of that. So won't blame concorde.
IIRC, Concorde were initially palming it off as a new vehicle & denying the fact that it was used. All that stuff about discounts etc came much much later. No way is Concorde blameless in the said incident
Old 10th July 2009, 16:21   #29
Team-BHP Support

If you read the first post on this thread, the OP has clearly mentioned that the vehicle was tilted to a side. Inspite of that he took delivery of the vehicle.
Something weird is going on at Concorde, and Tata should investigate
Old 10th July 2009, 16:28   #30
BANNED

Team up guys team up.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Take a nice ride until you feel that the vehicle is perfect you do not take the delivery.

Coming to changing the vehicle, that is something which is not a easy thing which can be done on a fly as the vehicle is registered in your name and they cannot do anything until it has been sold to others as a 2nd hand vehicle.

Khan bhai this could even be at the showroom this damage could be caused due to the abusing by the guys in showroom, we cannot directly blame the TATA in this scenario.

I find it hard to digest that the showroom guys can abuse the vehicle so badly as to break its chassis, and if they have, they may have damaged other parts as well (God Forbid). as the chassis is among the stongest parts of a vehicle.
As far as checking the vehicle goes, it would be great if you could come over to the showroom or if he could drive it over to your place with the Tata guys and you check it as you too are a Safari owner for quite some time now...just a suggestion...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks