Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2009, 08:56   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
But changing the dashboard for someone else's perfume fetish is too much.

I dont like such kind of payments. And guys that too unfair .
nah! Firstly: we don't use the ones that sits on the A/C blower. Secondly: the great dealer had put it while delivering it to us and we never removed it. We never saw if some problem would occur either. Thirdly: at least in the first service they should've told me about the problems with the same and the sales exec should be aware of the problem (if any).
Old 14th August 2009, 09:28   #182
BANNED

That is Tejas, typically....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
nah! Firstly: Secondly: Thirdly:
See, so many points in bold, underlined and highlighted....
I told you people out there that Concorde has reasons to dread this black truck..

The thread title could now be:
"Safari 4X4 EX, Buy once, maintain/replace under warranty for ever: Courtesy Concorde Motors....!!!!"
Old 14th August 2009, 09:38   #183
BANNED

Quote:
nah! Firstly: we don't use the ones that sits on the A/C blower. Secondly: the great dealer had put it while delivering it to us and we never removed it. We never saw if some problem would occur either. Thirdly: at least in the first service they should've told me about the problems with the same and the sales exec should be aware of the problem (if any).
You must be happy that TATA's are changing them for you, My uncle took his Sx4 delivery with a big almost melted looking dashboard because of a perfume. and Maruti's never bothered to talk about his complaint.

2 yrs and still nothing from them.

Dont pronounce and make small tiny problems look big, what eventually happens is your bigger problems will not be looked at properly. Firstly what'll happen is You'll be treated like a demon, Secondly your truck will be dreaded on entering the service centre.

End result, none of you will get a dedicated treatment. They should not BAN-Tejas. he he...

To err is human(err TATA).

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 14th August 2009 at 09:39.
Old 14th August 2009, 10:00   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
You must be happy that TATA's are changing them for you, My uncle took his Sx4 delivery with a big almost melted looking dashboard because of a perfume. and Maruti's never bothered to talk about his complaint.

2 yrs and still nothing from them.

Dont pronounce and make small tiny problems look big, what eventually happens is your bigger problems will not be looked at properly. Firstly what'll happen is You'll be treated like a demon, Secondly your truck will be dreaded on entering the service centre.

End result, none of you will get a dedicated treatment. They should not BAN-Tejas. he he...

To err is human(err TATA).
They get scared to see my vehicle whenever I go; even more when dev comes with me! You should see their faces!

This is a small issue I understand that, but if they have agreed to do it, then why not? It has been made very clear that I need the truck to be in an excellent running condition. They know what I am usually bothered these beautification things and it was my wife who pointed it out (dev knows me: for me it is the engine + all the mechanical parts to be in tact).

Btw, I think I forgot to mention that I too need to bear some cost about a grand for the console change for which I didn't wink.

The TASS has become quite a good friend of mine and when I jokingly told him about the MM service center opposite to my new house, he asked me not to go there and would do whatever that it takes to fix any of the issues (hope they don't ban me). The are fixing console tomorrow along with the AC/Hot air know which doesn't rotate fully (not that I require in Bangalore).
Old 17th August 2009, 17:03   #185
BHPian

Pic of old and new chassis!!!

Hi guys,
Found the link to attach the pictures.

Now I have attached old chassis and new chassis pictures. The new one is kinda cream white color and the old is filled with dirt. If look at the steering and tie rod mount you can see reinforced support steel plates on the new chassis.Whereas old one doesn't have those reinforced support.

Well now it toll late for me to change my mind, I have changed a new chassis and hope this will hold for another couple of years.

Any thoughts!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-cimg3563.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-cimg3561.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-cimg3568.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-cimg3581.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-delhi-trips-716.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf0994.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf0999.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf1004.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf1000.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf0995.jpg  

Tata Safari 2.2 EX 4x4: EDIT: Changed chassis munching miles now-dscf0996.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 18th September 2009, 10:45   #186
BHPian

No Thoughts,

I am not sure if anyone has gone through this pictures or is it a quite topic. No one has responded for the picture. Guys with 3.o Dicor please check your chassis to find what version of chassis do you have?
Old 18th September 2009, 11:26   #187
BHPian

I am not sure about the chassis kinds. One thing that I am scared of is the welding.
My car is running fine now. I need to take it for a long drive to see how it goes. May be I will have an update on Monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soarer View Post
I am not sure if anyone has gone through this pictures or is it a quite topic. No one has responded for the picture. Guys with 3.o Dicor please check your chassis to find what version of chassis do you have?
Old 16th December 2009, 15:37   #188
BHPian

Update

Short drive of the vehicle:

Went on 12th-15th for a short drive to Mulayangiri/Baba Budangiri/Bhadra dam/Jungle lodges/Chikmagalur. The car performed very well without any problems. I now think that the mods should change the topic now.

However, while coming back, I had a problem driving back in the night because of the headlights. I have a bosch 90/100 right now and want to update to a light which is brighter. All suggestions are welcome. Was planning for OSRAM night breaker, will it serve the purpose? I have gone through the Auto Lighting thread but still want to know from the Safari owners. As in this thread, people have asked me to try out the HIDs too, but I am not in favor of it right now. I don't want to put the Light force at this point of time. Please let me know the order in which I can go about.

Anyways, in short, I had great fun driving the car. Used the 4L too en route Mulayangiri. I could have done the same on 2H/4H but since it resulted in a serious wheel spin (had to use the clutch a lot too), I thought of using the 4L. It was easier on 4L but for a turn where I could see my (our) fate down 500 mts below for one mistake! It was gravel road with a steep gradient. There was road work going on.

The car performed very well on bad roads. There are some rattlings which I will point out during my second service. Max speed that I did was 155 on the odo, else maintained a decent pace of around 90-110 kph. I got a FE of around 13 kmpl with AC on for 30% of the time.

Overall I am satisfied with the truck and I think that I am more comfortable now doing long distances. Hope to clock a lot more in the coming few days. Concorde Motors have been of good help and they take extra care of me: I get a call from the service manager on a monthly basis! Will upload the photos in the evening.
Old 16th December 2009, 15:51   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The car performed very well without any problems. I now think that the mods should change the topic now.
... problem driving back in the night because of the headlights
Happy to know your car is doing well . There is a "report post" icon with each post on the thread. You can use that link to submit your request to change the thread title appropriately.

Yes, HL is an issue for night driving. I have shifted to Philips eXtreme Power. It is better, but still not as good as one wants it to be. I have modified my night driving- by restricting to 80-100 km/h and in the middle lane as much possible. However, I think there is an issue with HL focussing. The beam scatters all over except the black tar ahead . Need to check with TASS at next service.

-BJ
Old 16th December 2009, 16:59   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Happy to know your car is doing well . There is a "report post" icon with each post on the thread. You can use that link to submit your request to change the thread title appropriately.

Yes, HL is an issue for night driving. I have shifted to Philips eXtreme Power. It is better, but still not as good as one wants it to be. I have modified my night driving- by restricting to 80-100 km/h and in the middle lane as much possible. However, I think there is an issue with HL focussing. The beam scatters all over except the black tar ahead . Need to check with TASS at next service.

-BJ
Thanks.

I too do not go beyond 90 in the dark, but some how the HL seems to be very bad. I can't see a thing when a vehicle comes from the opposite direction. My dim/dip too doesn't work for me as they continue to be on the high beam. In the santro, I had a 55/60 which really worked amazingly for us. I think that because of the height I am feeling the heat right now. For some reason, I feel that the Lightforce would really help me because I usually drive in the nights, but I don't want to put them on now.

Last night, a Fortuner was tailing me for a long time. We built a good rapport. The moment I wanted to slow down, he'd take over from me and vice versa. I observed that it had a great HL! People were lowering there beam the moment he put on his high beam. Wish Tatas gave us something like that... sob sigh...
I do not know how ADC manages to drive in the night with 55/60 still!
Old 12th April 2010, 14:24   #191
BHPian

Round trip to Pune

Long time that I've updated this thread. Not much of a hassle that I've had with the truck as such except for the minor niggles off late.

The Odo now reads 19100 kms thanks to a few weekend trips to make sure that the truck was doing fine. Eventually thought about a long weekend trip to Bangalore-Pune-Alibagh-Murud-Pune-Bangalore.

Didn't face any problems except for the door rattling and a back door window misbehaving a little. I will post the details once I am done with the work. Not many pics of the car as we forgot to take the camera with us. A few shots of Murud janjeera fort + a couple of beaches that we went to will be uploaded in a couple of days.

Over all a nice holiday and a great drive! High point of the whole drive: Driving on the expressway + Drive from belgaum to Hubli! Heavenly!

Drive Experience: I have driven a lot of vehicles for long drives! This truck really has been one of the best I must say! Wasn't tired at all even after driving for 12 hrs on my way back! I can't compare it to a hatch or a sedan, but felt comfortable than the scorp/innova (that's my personal experience).

More to come later!

Cheers!
Old 2nd August 2010, 20:07   #192
BHPian

Quote:
BTW, near my new place (where I'll be shifting on the coming weekend), there's a emm Tata Motors Service Station. Does any one know how they are?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
This is in Banaswadi near Bangalore city college outer ring road, no details on the quality of service but they are TASS.

Yeah, does anyone have feedback on EMM EMM motors. I am planning to give my New Safari here (bought from Concorde) from the first free service itself.
Old 2nd August 2010, 22:46   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
Yeah, does anyone have feedback on EMM EMM motors. I am planning to give my New Safari here (bought from Concorde) from the first free service itself.
Kairalee, would suggest you to take it to the Concorde Motors for the 1st Service or go and see the facility at the garage and decide the same.

My suggestion would be to going to the Concorde.
Old 2nd August 2010, 23:08   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Kairalee, would suggest you to take it to the Concorde Motors for the 1st Service or go and see the facility at the garage and decide the same.

My suggestion would be to going to the Concorde.

I have tried Manipal during my first 3 services, even though they were good, but highly irresponsible characters.

Was suggested to Prerna by Lukeskywalker , one service and happy with that presently.

Close to 4 yrs and 28K on the odo the 3.0 Ltr Dicor is Great....! (touchwood)

Nice to know Bantejas got all his troubles BANNED.

Wish you a troublefree ownership.
Old 3rd August 2010, 11:35   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairalee View Post
It is a bad place to give ur car! I have been going to concorde for the past 1 yr and they seem to work fine for me.

@pavan: thanks a lot: the truck has run over 25k kms and except for the rattling and a few small issues, i haven't faced any major problems. those small problems are something that i can live with as it's not threatening for my long drives. I really hope that the problems are Banned now ..

Most Viewed