Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2009, 13:48   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takumi-san View Post
It was a sordid problem with the Matiz - so bad that a hawaldar actually fined me as I pulled away in green and shifted gears too quickly to the second. The car did not pull in a/c in the second gear and by the time I crossed the major junction it was red. My pleas fell on deaf ears.
That’s one of the funniest things I have ever read
Old 17th July 2009, 14:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

The dealership experience was quite pleasant, as one expects these days, but often does not get because of lack of enough trained manpower to go around.
Re the PS, I just happen to be of an earlier generation - nought to do with the forearms! We learnt to turn the wheel in the classic way, not by putting one palm down on the wheel and twirling it around with one hand! That way, we also learnt to never move the wheel unless the car is in motion, barely inching is enough, but it has to be in motion. The PS does not force you to do that, because it makes it effortless, and thus allows for steering gear wear, and some tyre wear too.
Yes it is an one liter, and takes the load of the ac without panting for breath. Am not so sure that it is rev happy though, but as I said, it may get freer as it runs in. I am sure it will make it through the green light though!
Old 17th July 2009, 16:14   #18
BHPian

Extremely good choice of the car Congratulations. I have completed 9600kms and 1 year exactly with this car (I have a Spark LS) in Pune. I can vouch for the drivability and efficiency of this car. My experience with Pashankar Auto has been good (fingers crossed).
Old 17th July 2009, 18:01   #19
Senior - BHPian

Good to hear that. I thought they seemed sincere. After one year, I doubt if you will be surprised by them, and its good to hear of your trouble free driving. I always liked the Matiz, even with the 800 cc 3 pot, it was a lovely little car. Pity about Daewoo.
Old 17th July 2009, 19:09   #20
BHPian

Congrats on 2 new cars Sawyer !

Spark at this time is a real VFM car, though i10 standing at the side of i20 would have made a good photo op.

My Sparky is nearing 15 K kms and its been 1-1/2 years of pleasure and joy of driving, be it in b2b traffic of Bangalore or on highways.

I am sure you will enjoy driving Spark as much as your i20 if not more
Old 17th July 2009, 19:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sawyer, The Spark is a very good car & an under rated ones too.

I am sure if it was launched under Maruti's Umbrella it would have replaced Alto.

My cousin has one & we have done some really long trips(800 kms) & some short ones & the car never fails to surprise us
Old 17th July 2009, 19:39   #22
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It was a sordid problem with the Matiz - so bad that a hawaldar actually fined me as I pulled away in green and shifted gears too quickly to the second. The car did not pull in a/c in the second gear and by the time I crossed the major junction it was red. My pleas fell on deaf ears.
This is Hilarious!! Must have been sheer agony when you floored it and it car refused to pull and you ending up getting fined! Hard luck!
Old 18th July 2009, 09:37   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
Congrats on the Spark! After maintaining a FIAT , hopefully this will be a breeze .

Had driven a colleague's non PS Matiz, some time back and had found it to be a rev happy car. Is it the same 800 cc engine still or has been upgraded.

And pics please
Attached is the one pic I have of the car. I intend to leave it with the b&w look, in a minimalist style, it has its own appeal. Besides, easy to recognize too!
I hear you about the maintenance, loud and clear. No further comment
Attached Thumbnails
New Spark PS-img_8235.jpg  

Old 18th July 2009, 09:43   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Well yes, thanks - I bought these two instead of one City. This way I have something for each application!
Congratulations Sawyer, you may be setting a new trend,

two cars in place of one (provided people have enough parking places)
Old 18th July 2009, 10:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

You may truly see a lot more of that with the Nano coming in too. I agree about the need for parking places at home, but it may ease the congestion in the cities if people don't drive and park the bigger cars in the streets and malls. Lower emissions too. But again, nothing can overcome the need for better mass transit systems.
Old 18th July 2009, 16:51   #26
Senior - BHPian

Pleasant surprise at the first refill, FE touching 16km/ltr. A lot of the 200kms run was on the e way, so this is not representative, on the other hand, this is a new engine that will get looser in time. But it is such a great feeling to see the fuel needle move from half to full for Rs 600, having been used to pandering to the thirsty 1.6 GTX till now. I think that this is the first car that I have ever owned that has been this fuel efficient, the 1995 carbureted Zen was close, but not this good at the pump.
Old 18th July 2009, 19:51   #27
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Nice photo and I love the minimalistic look as well. My Alto has the stock black bumpers as well. A boon, especially if you drive in a crowded city like BLR.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:28   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
Extremely good choice of the car Congratulations. I have completed 9600kms and 1 year exactly with this car (I have a Spark LS) in Pune. I can vouch for the drivability and efficiency of this car. My experience with Pashankar Auto has been good (fingers crossed).
Pashankar Auto is good from the service aspect as well. I get my Corsa Sail serviced from them. No hassles, no cheating so far.
Old 19th July 2009, 00:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The engine has been upgraded from the Matiz , if I am not mistaken its a 1.0 L engine now. Primarily changes have also been made to ensure that the car can take the load of a/c and still maintain pulling power. It was a sordid problem with the Matiz - so bad that a hawaldar actually fined me as I pulled away in green and shifted gears too quickly to the second. The car did not pull in a/c in the second gear and by the time I crossed the major junction it was red. My pleas fell on deaf ears.
Come on, it ain't that bad. it is no rocket, but it performs better than the alto. i've been driving one for close to a lakh of Kms now, and it is a really good stable car, underpowered a lil i agree, but i don't think its as bad as you make it out to be.

Also, the matiz had a larger compressor even when compared to larger cars. It was judged too have one of the best a/c's in the country at that tome, according to some mag.
Old 19th July 2009, 01:03   #30
BHPian

Congrats sawyer.You made a wise decision.Even I bought a blazing red ps spark for my dad in jan,which I end up driving since now then.I have covered more than 5000 kms and the car is a breeze to drive specially in the city.

I went in for lhs ovrm,side strips,rear parcel tray,michelin tyres of the oem size,autocop central locking and sony usb car music system with 2 front speakers.

Ford Fiesta ZXI ABS(2006) sold
Chevy spark(2009)
M.Zen(1997)
H.Unicorn(2006)
T.Innova (next car)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks