Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2009, 16:27   #76
Senior - BHPian

Neat in white!

The headlight, they seems to be too white, is it? How was your experience using them in the rain?
Old 22nd July 2009, 17:07   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Neat in white!

The headlight, they seems to be too white, is it? How was your experience using them in the rain?
They look fine, its not too white. Felt quite comfortable in the rain. Have never driven on Hi beam as they point way too high. It might be difficult to see on Hi beam in teh rain, will check it next time and let you know.

I have a pic of the headlamp adjustor, but I think it will be very difficult to do the adjustment myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-1.jpg  

Old 22nd July 2009, 19:12   #78
Senior - BHPian

But why you have to do it yourself unless untill you want to do it just for heck of it.

Take the safari to TASS and let them do it(its takes 5 mins and free)

And during that observe how they do it and say OK only when you are completely satisfied.
Old 22nd July 2009, 20:49   #79
Senior - BHPian

True! Best is to take it to TASS and let them do the adjustment. While they are doing it, observe, so that the next one, if required, can be a DIY!
Old 22nd July 2009, 22:21   #80
BHPian

Quote:
True! Best is to take it to TASS and let them do the adjustment. While they are doing it, observe, so that the next one, if required, can be a DIY!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
But why you have to do it yourself unless untill you want to do it just for heck of it.

Take the safari to TASS and let them do it(its takes 5 mins and free)

And during that observe how they do it and say OK only when you are completely satisfied.
YES. I'll do that this Saturday. Seems to be the best option.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:06   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
I have a pic of the headlamp adjustor, but I think it will be very difficult to do the adjustment myself.
Its a piece of cake once you know the details and have enough level surface available. I am not sure how many T.A.S.S know the correct method of measured leveling (most work with assumption/ judgement). My SA knows it now, after I made them do it for my safari and has a documented method, which he uses for all E4 headlamps now.

If you plan to goto T.A.S.S, I can share that for your reference. let me know.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:43   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Its a piece of cake once you know the details and have enough level surface available. I am not sure how many T.A.S.S know the correct method of measured leveling (most work with assumption/ judgement). My SA knows it now, after I made them do it for my safari and has a documented method, which he uses for all E4 headlamps now.

If you plan to goto T.A.S.S, I can share that for your reference. let me know.
Dear Dadu, you would be a life saver to share the document with me. I have already spoken to TASS and have fixed up a time for getting my lights adjusted on Saturday.
Old 23rd July 2009, 09:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Dadu, you would be a life saver to share the document with me. I have already spoken to TASS and have fixed up a time for getting my lights adjusted on Saturday.

Dadu you can be life saver for a lot of people! I have asked the TASS a lot of times to focus it right but in the end they do something or the other and I get into trouble. The TASS is coming home tonight for a trial run and I can show it to him.
Old 24th July 2009, 13:48   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bantejas View Post
Dadu you can be life saver for a lot of people! I have asked the TASS a lot of times to focus it right but in the end they do something or the other and I get into trouble. The TASS is coming home tonight for a trial run and I can show it to him.

It's done, i have posted the refined version of it here, taking out the unnecessary details. Sorry for the delay as was quite busy with work yesterday.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:04   #85
BANNED

Sorry for the delay...

Sorry, was out of office and the internet for a couple of days.
The high beam indeed is too high and will have the oncoming traffic fuming at you. It can certainly be adjusted using the headlight adjuster that you have mentioned in the pics.

It is pretty easy and following Dadu's document should also help to make it easier. Try that and you should be ok. If the issue still persists, please put a photo of the headlamp from the front with the HID switched off during the day and I will have a look at it.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:47   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Sorry, was out of office and the internet for a couple of days.
The high beam indeed is too high and will have the oncoming traffic fuming at you. It can certainly be adjusted using the headlight adjuster that you have mentioned in the pics.

It is pretty easy and following Dadu's document should also help to make it easier. Try that and you should be ok. If the issue still persists, please put a photo of the headlamp from the front with the HID switched off during the day and I will have a look at it.
Thanks Dev. I am going to TASS tomorrow to get the beams adjusted, and will let you know how it goes.
Old 25th July 2009, 23:44   #87
BHPian

lights & tyres

Today I finally managed to go to TASS to get my lights adjusted. Its best to get the adjustment done in the dark but its a good thing i went in the day as they took three hours to get this done and I had to wait for an additional hour for their lunch break.....

After adjusting and all i realised the Left Head Lsmp would not move up or down when I use the internal adjustment knob. On pointing this to teh service guy, he said its moving a little bit. So i had to demonstate to him by blocking one head lamp after the other. Now he realised and then the whole left head lamp unit was removed and he did some thing with the motor and finally both worked fine.

Anyway i havn't been able to check the lights at night, but will do so tomorrow.

After coming back from TASS, I let my artistic streak show for a change and painted the letters on the wall of my stepnie. they look really cool from a distance, but have to give proper finishing touches. I'm planning to put two coats of paint only. I did the stepnie as a trial and I'll be doing the rest tomorrow. it took me about 30 minutes to do the stepnie.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0261.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-img_0262.jpg  

Old 26th July 2009, 11:18   #88
Senior - BHPian

Sid,

The tire looks great! I am sure once the 4 on-road tires are done, it will be looking wonderful. Will give the tire's an "always" clean look!

Mmmm... Half the day done, hope you got those 30 minutes to do... meaning - where are the pics!!!
Old 27th July 2009, 09:11   #89
BANNED

Good job

Quote:
Sid,

The tire looks great! I am sure once the 4 on-road tires are done, it will be looking wonderful. Will give the tire's an "always" clean look!
+1 to that The tires look cool, good job, considering the fact that it takes a lot of patience and time for it and yes some more pics please....did you find time to visit TASS during the weekend? Any trips planned....??
Old 27th July 2009, 11:58   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
+1 to that The tires look cool, good job, considering the fact that it takes a lot of patience and time for it and yes some more pics please....did you find time to visit TASS during the weekend? Any trips planned....??
Quote:
Sid,

Mmmm... Half the day done, hope you got those 30 minutes to do... meaning - where are the pics!!!
Thanks Suman and Dev,

Yes I finally painted all five tyres and also went on a short drive to a place 40 kms away from the city. The ride was terrific and the headlights are now perectly adjusted.

Regarding the pics---- big problem. My 8 month old son threw my digi cam off the bed yesterday . Now the lens dont move and i guess will have to buy a new one soon as no one repairs these Sony digicams here in Bhubaneswar. Will try and take some from my cell phone and post, but these pics don't do justice to the vehicle......

Most Viewed