Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 16:30   #121
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics, tyres looking good. They allow you to take your vehicle on to the beach at Puri? They didn't earlier but that was decades ago.......haven't been there for ages!
Old 11th September 2009, 17:26   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So, getting to know your 4's is it?

The AT tires do inspire confidence, more so since we are a lot more informed lot here, else ignorance would certainly have been a bliss.

Noticed that your temp gauge is also slight off from the center as mine. Nice to see the same calibration error on another vehicle!
But seriously the Yokos are great. Ill check out the temp gauge tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I also should be getting the ATS soon. How much did it cost?

And nice number plate.
Thanks JK, the Yokos under immediate exchange cost me 10K. I'm not sure how much new ones would cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Same here too, just ask Happy Wheels...

Precisely, but the long range of the 3rd gear comes as an advantage to a certain extent.

And yes, you really have a very cute baby.

Any mileage figures for the trip that you made a note of??
Thanks Dev, didn't check the mileage as the trip was way too short (Only 167kms in total) and yeah he is also slowly turning out to be a terror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Nice pics on the beach.

Btw, whats that Chevy doll doing in the Safari

EDIT: Ok, just seen your signature. UVA. Hehe
Thanks mjothi, My wife drives the UVA and they day he saw the doll, he was hooked and loves it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Nice pics, tyres looking good. They allow you to take your vehicle on to the beach at Puri? They didn't earlier but that was decades ago.......haven't been there for ages!
Thanks Suman, once the rains are finally over, i'm going to paint them again. When I was driving on the beach two cops were lookin at us but they didnt stop us. Maybe, because it was not crowded or maybe their sheer ignorance/laziness.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:40   #123
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post

Thanks Dev, didn't check the mileage as the trip was way too short (Only 167kms in total) and yeah he is also slowly turning out to be a terror.
So does he seem to "resemble" you???!!!!
Old 14th September 2009, 15:54   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
So does he seem to "resemble" you???!!!!
Looks wise: not at all.....

everything else: 'ABSOLUTELY'
Old 15th September 2009, 02:36   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Blackening the B pillar is fine but somehow i feel blackening the C pillar does not yield good results in the safari. this maybe due to the difference in the level of the middle row & third row windows. Also, your car will look better if you remove the door visor on the third row window. just my opinion though.
+1 to it. But the visors on 1st and 2nd row look cool. How much did they cost you ? However, safari can never look bad whatever you do to it.
Old 15th September 2009, 09:59   #126
BHPian

Will the regular 4x2 Safari be able to move on the beach? Or will it get stuck in the sand enroute? Anyone tried this on a 4x2?
Old 15th September 2009, 10:34   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbeast View Post
+1 to it. But the visors on 1st and 2nd row look cool. How much did they cost you ? However, safari can never look bad whatever you do to it.
Thanks and another +1 to that. I'm not really sure but I guess it would have been around 1700-1800, as I had bought it while fixing woofers in my Chevy Uva. He gave a bundled price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by triedeverything View Post
Will the regular 4x2 Safari be able to move on the beach? Or will it get stuck in the sand enroute? Anyone tried this on a 4x2?
Don't even try that with a safari. A few years back i just took my Opel swing about 2-3 feet off the road and onto the sand at the same spot and the front wheels just sunk in. Luckily the rear wheels were still on tarmac and two friends had to push it out while I reversed the vehicle. In the Safari it might just go through till you can maintain good momentum, but eventually with all that weight, I feel it'll definetely sink.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks