Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2009, 14:06   #31
BHPian

Just wanted to find out whether normal (not Xenon) 'white' H3 bulbs(front fog light) are available for the bull. Accesory shop guy told me he can get Xenon ones for 7K, but ive exhausted all my resources.
Old 15th July 2009, 14:08   #32
Senior - BHPian

So Karthik, are you saying not to use seat cover or to go for OEM seat cover (the ones advertised in the TATA site)?
Old 15th July 2009, 14:12   #33
Senior - BHPian

Already Vx comes with Leather seats
Old 15th July 2009, 15:12   #34
BHPian

sidcruise79 - Congratulations, lovely color and its 4*4.. wow !

Very nice hear of your pleasant buying experience, and hopefully your ownership experience would also be good.

Cheers
Old 15th July 2009, 16:29   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So Karthik, are you saying not to use seat cover or to go for OEM seat cover (the ones advertised in the TATA site)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Already Vx comes with Leather seats
Karthik,

Yes, I understand that. But what I was getting at was, do you recommend a seat cover over and above the standard seat?

I have found that the original seats are really good, but due to their light color, am sure that the grease monkeys in the service center will leave their prints all over!

Better would be to take a seat cover with a darker shade, is it?

EDIT: Sid, apologies for going OT on your thread!
Old 15th July 2009, 16:52   #36
BHPian

Dear Suresh,

I agree with you, the OEM leathers are quite light and i can already see a slight change in color.
Request feedback from vehicle owners with light color leathers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Karthik,

Yes, I understand that. But what I was getting at was, do you recommend a seat cover over and above the standard seat?

I have found that the original seats are really good, but due to their light color, am sure that the grease monkeys in the service center will leave their prints all over!

Better would be to take a seat cover with a darker shade, is it?

EDIT: Sid, apologies for going OT on your thread!
Suman was wondering how much you paid for your Stebel Nautilus , and if you could share a few pics of its installation.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 15th July 2009 at 17:02. Reason: back to back posts
Old 15th July 2009, 17:17   #37
BANNED

Cover your seats...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
Dear Suresh,

I agree with you, the OEM leathers are quite light and i can already see a slight change in color.
I would suggest putting fabric seat covers in a city like Bhubhaneshwar which I guess is humid and tropic. OE leather seats will not only wear out prematurely but will also heat up in summer to uncomfortable levels.
It is the same with art leather or rexine as well.
Ideally since you have leather seats, I would suggest putting light art leather seat covers and covering them with those towel seat covers which are affordable, washable and pretty durable and give the interiors a cool look as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:28   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Suresh,

I have Safari GX - same color seats but with fabric inlay. I faced the same issue that seats gets dirty fast. Only solution is clean them regularly and use leather cleaner on weekly basis. I am using it now (or even better with shine rather dull color earlier) and seats shine just like new and also not prone to getting dirty anymore as if they is layer on top of leather pores now.

Last edited by vivek.singh.73 : 15th July 2009 at 17:32.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:37   #39
BHPian

You are 100% correct, its really bad here especially in the summers (49 degrees) and the humidity is killing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would suggest putting fabric seat covers in a city like Bhubhaneshwar which I guess is humid and tropic. OE leather seats will not only wear out prematurely but will also heat up in summer to uncomfortable levels.
It is the same with art leather or rexine as well.
Ideally since you have leather seats, I would suggest putting light art leather seat covers and covering them with those towel seat covers which are affordable, washable and pretty durable and give the interiors a cool look as well.
Old 15th July 2009, 17:42   #40
BHPian

I get a hissing noise from the stereo when FM is on and I engage the reverse gear. I feel there is some disturbance from the rear parking cam, as the antenna and cable of the camera are very close.
Any views on this.
Old 15th July 2009, 18:05   #41

Hi all,

very nice reading. good to know that the bull feels heavenly.

now i need to know from all you experienced guys one thing.

i am planning to go in for a 4x4 on return to India soon. sometime in nov/dec. which one would u recommend out of the following:

Safari

Ford Endeavour

Fortuner

Suzuki Grand Vitara

I am not too tight on the budget. i can stretch it upto 20/22 lakhs. but would really look forward to value for money. i am also not unduly worried about the petrol / diesal part of it.

but i am more concerned about the driving comforts, safety, long term ownership happiness (say atleast five/six years).

all inputs welcome

regards and sid you would be the best person to give a first hand info on your initial experience. you have also mentioned that you have driven both endy and pajero. compare and contrast.

thanks
Old 15th July 2009, 18:10   #42
BHPian

Congratulations Sid!!! your bull looks excellent and good pictures as well. Did you get the DVD player with monitors with the package or did you put it separately?
Drive safely and wear seat belts...
Old 15th July 2009, 18:11   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Congratulations Sid!!! your bull looks excellent and good pictures as well. Did you get the DVD player with monitors with the package or did you put it separately?
Drive safely and wear seat belts...
It comes along as a factory fitting with the VX Model.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:10   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just wanted to find out whether normal (not Xenon) 'white' H3 bulbs(front fog light) are available for the bull. Accesory shop guy told me he can get Xenon ones for 7K, but ive exhausted all my resources.
They are .IIRC,OSRAM has it . Check their website. I know that its available in Bangy.
Old 15th July 2009, 19:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Wow I envy VX 4X4 is just 11.5 in Orrisa. Karnataka Taxes suck.

Quote:
The recommended fuel by TML is high speed diesel
If you say so i'll stop filling hi speed.
Well any Diesel is Hi speed Diesel in technical terms so normal Diesel = Hi Speed Diesel, The Marketing term "Hi Speed" is a misnomer it is Diesel + Additives also called Extramile by another Oil Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
Even TATA recommends mix Kerosene (or ATF) with diesel . It is hilarious. First ever I saw officially to use Kerosene with diesel. God know what will happen to engine after following Tata's recommendations.

Did any Safari owners went to ladakh carried Kerosene in Jerry Cans?
Well Sir Safari is also exported to some European countries and there are placed in Indian where there is sub zero temp. There is nothing wrong about Mixing ATF and Kerosene ( both are nearly same anyway) only thing is it reduces lubricity at normal temperature so Fuel pump may get damaged so Cetane boosters are added in the Winter mix.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks