Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2009, 09:20   #106
BHPian

A few more pics after B & C pillar blackening. Also fixed rain visors.

Three dark spots also somehow appeared on the rear bumper. Have shown these to the TASC, said they will look into it after trying to remove it with some Wuerth rubbing compound.:-(
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00296.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00298.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00299.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00300.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00289.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00290.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dsc00294.jpg  

Old 16th August 2009, 11:22   #107
Senior - BHPian

seems like paint from the bumpers have faded at few spots which seems like seeing those yelloish colour on those spots.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:16   #108
Team-BHP Support

Its corrosion due to tree sap. change your parking space.
I have a spot on the bonnet due to this, and trying to get it off actually resulted in scratches on the bonnet, but the mark did not completely come off. Its very very corrosive to the paint
Old 16th August 2009, 17:28   #109
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its corrosion due to tree sap. change your parking space.
I have a spot on the bonnet due to this, and trying to get it off actually resulted in scratches on the bonnet, but the mark did not completely come off. Its very very corrosive to the paint
+1 to that, it is certainly a drip mark from a tree or your corrugated roof if you have one for your parking. Observe it and change the position.
Old 16th August 2009, 18:16   #110
Senior - BHPian

Blackening the B pillar is fine but somehow i feel blackening the C pillar does not yield good results in the safari. this maybe due to the difference in the level of the middle row & third row windows. Also, your car will look better if you remove the door visor on the third row window. just my opinion though.

btw, i love those tyres. Did you get the lettering painted in white?

Last edited by raj_5004 : 16th August 2009 at 18:21.
Old 17th August 2009, 09:57   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
+1 to that, it is certainly a drip mark from a tree or your corrugated roof if you have one for your parking. Observe it and change the position.
I think its the new shed with the corrugated roof (green colored plastic ones) that has caused it. I have already changed the position of the vehicle. Thanks Dev, else this would have kept happening and I wouldn't have had a clue why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Blackening the B pillar is fine but somehow i feel blackening the C pillar does not yield good results in the safari. this maybe due to the difference in the level of the middle row & third row windows. Also, your car will look better if you remove the door visor on the third row window. just my opinion though.

btw, i love those tyres. Did you get the lettering painted in white?
Thanks Raj.
I know but I guess I can live with teh C Pillar problem. I even wanted the guy to blacken the A & D Pillar too, but he said it cannot be done with a single sheet due to the curve, but can be done with two overlapping sheets which, however would result in a fine brown line of dust always where teh sheets overlap, so decided against it.
I will see about the visor on the third window. I'm scared to remove it as when my Dad tried to remove the visor from his Tavera earlier, the damn thing broke.
Yes I painstatingly painted al the five tyres, but recently while cleaning the tyres the domestic help scrubbed the tyres and that's why they are not so prominent. Once the rains stop completely i'll paint the 4 tyres again.
Old 17th August 2009, 11:25   #112
Senior - BHPian

Can I hijack?

Cost me 600 Rs.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-dscf8843-large.jpg  

Old 17th August 2009, 16:11   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Can I hijack?

Cost me 600 Rs.
Sure I guess its all in the family (Safari Family)

JK your beast looks cool. I paid 700. Wanted to reasonable dark grey or black tints (not teh illegal types) but i heard only Garware has tints where there is no cut in the front windows.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:04   #114
BHPian

Trip to Puri.

We went on a short trip to Puri last week about 60kms from Bhubaneswar. Im uploading a few snaps and puting down a very short travelouge.

We started early in the morning thats 08:00 a.m. for us .

Couldnt drive real fast as the baby was still sleepy and was catching a few winks of sleep now and then, but my average speed was around 80-90 kmph. The road to Puri from Bhubaneswar has quite a lot of potholes and rough patches, but couldnt feel them much, the bull would just glide over them, and the baby literally slept like a baby. This trip actually let me feel teh awesome power of the vehicle. The gearshifts were smooth and overtaking was a breeze. However, I would have liked the second gear to have a little more range to it, i.e the engine maxes out too soon and you have to shift to third when you see the RPM at 3000.

I managed to do some 4W driving on the beach, and luckily the only place where a vehicle could get on to the beach was right in front of the hotel where we were staying. Lucky for me, the guard had his eyes on my vehicle all the time, so if we'd get stuck rescue was always there. When we took the vehicle on the beach around 10-15 locals gathered closeby to see what we were upto and maybe make a few bucks if we had got stuck and needed their help. Anyways the first time when I took it on the beach I had engaged 2H and it was moving around perfectly, then we stopped to enjoy the breeze, the view and take a few pics. After this when we decided to go back when tried moving it in 2H, I could feel wheelspin and a sinking feeling, my heart was in my mouth as it was evening and slightly dark already, but when I engaged 4L she seemed to be in familiar terittory once again and was up and about. We thought this was enough for the day and went back to the hotel only to come again to the same spot the next day. This time I made it a point not to stop an dkept driving in 2H for about 10 minutes. It was a ride of a lifetime and even my wife was urging me to go on.
While returning from Puri we encountered a thundersquall, it was raining cats and dogs and visibility was quite bad. The Yokos made me feel very confident and braking was great for a vehicle of this size. Also due to the heavy rains there were no autos, bikes or cycles on the road so we completed teh trip in just 1 hour which normally takes about 90 minutes.

Overall it was a lovely trip and has made me want to go ASAP for another one.
Attached Thumbnails
Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-b.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-c.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-d.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-e.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-f.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-g.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-h.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-i.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-j.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-k.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-l.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-m.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-n.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-o.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-p.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-q.jpg  

Safari Vx 4x4 Pearl White-r.jpg  

Old 11th September 2009, 13:19   #115
Senior - BHPian

So, getting to know your 4's is it?

The AT tires do inspire confidence, more so since we are a lot more informed lot here, else ignorance would certainly have been a bliss.

Noticed that your temp gauge is also slight off from the center as mine. Nice to see the same calibration error on another vehicle!
Old 11th September 2009, 13:26   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
So, getting to know your 4's is it?

The AT tires do inspire confidence, more so since we are a lot more informed lot here, else ignorance would certainly have been a bliss.

Noticed that your temp gauge is also slight off from the center as mine. Nice to see the same calibration error on another vehicle!
I also should be getting the ATS soon. How much did it cost?

And nice number plate.
Old 11th September 2009, 15:34   #117
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
We started early in the morning thats 08:00 a.m. for us .
Same here too, just ask Happy Wheels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidcruise79 View Post
I would have liked the second gear to have a little more range to it, i.e the engine maxes out too soon and you have to shift to third when you see the RPM at 3000.
Precisely, but the long range of the 3rd gear comes as an advantage to a certain extent.

And yes, you really have a very cute baby.

Any mileage figures for the trip that you made a note of??
Old 11th September 2009, 15:53   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
I also should be getting the ATS soon. How much did it cost?...
JK,

I think Sid got them changed thru an exchange of the stock wheels the day he took delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
... Any mileage figures for the trip that you made a note of??
Whats with you and mileage today? Are you doing a thesis or something?
Old 11th September 2009, 15:57   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
JK,
Whats with you and mileage today? Are you doing a thesis or something?
Good that you asked, yes, I m indeed doing a thesis. Just checking whose Safari that I know gives the best mileage and under what driving conditions.
Old 11th September 2009, 16:00   #120
Senior - BHPian

Nice pics on the beach.

Btw, whats that Chevy doll doing in the Safari

EDIT: Ok, just seen your signature. UVA. Hehe

Last edited by mjothi : 11th September 2009 at 16:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks