Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2009, 10:49   #121
BHPian

Last night I crossed 2200 kms on the ODO. So i decided to finally invite all the horses! Up til now the max i've taken her to is 110 that too just for just for a second or two.

In fifth, she maxed out at 4000 rmp at a speed of 165. The climb from 135 onwards was slow. Stability wise - no issues at all - The Primacy LC's do a fantastic job.

At that speed I was getting about 10.5 KMPL.

A few Upgrades / necessities planned

1. Have finally purchased seat covers! :-) 5200 for Art Leather Black with custom White thread stitches. Will get them next week
2. Inquired about Xenon's but was advised against them. Will probably go in for 90/100 Halogens with an additional Cut-out
@Amogh: You asked me some days ago if I found the headlights inadequate. At that time i felt they were OK but now i feel they need to be upgraded.
3. Moulded Mudflaps for Punto. I have asked Poona Motors to get them for me. Don't like the flappy rubber ones

All these would be done next week.

Last edited by Crimson : 6th September 2009 at 10:56.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:07   #122

Guys, can you confirm which all insurance companies have direct tie up with TATA -FIAT dealerships ?

I have booked my Punto and plan to go for insurance on my own.

Thanks,
Vishal
Old 16th September 2009, 14:16   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold4uin View Post
Guys, can you confirm which all insurance companies have direct tie up with TATA -FIAT dealerships ?

I have booked my Punto and plan to go for insurance on my own.

Thanks,
Vishal
It might vary with dealers but I think TATA-AIG, Reliance and Bajaj have a tie up with TATA-FIAT dealerships for cashless facility. Your best bet is to ask the workshop/dealership directly.

I've found Bajaj to be pretty good with insurance claims. You can get a deal from them by calling the number on their website.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:44   #124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsPG View Post
It might vary with dealers but I think TATA-AIG, Reliance and Bajaj have a tie up with TATA-FIAT dealerships for cashless facility. Your best bet is to ask the workshop/dealership directly.

I've found Bajaj to be pretty good with insurance claims. You can get a deal from them by calling the number on their website.

Dealer quotes that Reliance has a cashless tie up with them but is quoting the insurance at higher premium. I checked outside and found that there is a difference of around 2000 in the quoted value; however the guy claims that they dont have cashless tie up with my dealer.

I am confused..how can cashless facility from same company vary if taken from different sources?
Old 16th September 2009, 16:03   #125
Senior - BHPian

Just try with Bajaj-Allianz.
They will quote a very low ins. amount with good IDV(Ex-Showroom price).
you have to bargain with them to reduce the price and watch carefully not to reduce IDV(Insurance Declared Value)
I planned get my next insurance and my brother's new punto from Bajaj-Allianz.
Old 17th September 2009, 09:49   #126
BHPian

I have been filling Shell Diesel from the pump at Hinjewadi. I have done about 3 talk fulls with Shell. Somone told me yesterday that shell is not normal but contains additives. Is this true? In any case its too expensive now. Yesterday I payed 39.xx per litre.

I guess ill switch to HP / BP diesel from now on.

Just checked the poll results and IOC seems the most recommended. Where can I get IOC diesel in Pune camp?

Last edited by Crimson : 17th September 2009 at 09:50.
Old 18th September 2009, 13:17   #127
BHPian

Based on Amit's and Amogh's advice, I tried changing how I drive yesterday.

I had reset both the trip A and Trip B recently when I did a tankfull of shell diesel and both were showing 12.3 KMPL. Yesterday I reset Trip A again and drove consciously trying to get the best economy out of her. The IC was set on the display.

After about 60Km of running AcA showed 17.8kmpl and AcB came up to 14.9. This was in peak traffic HNJ to camp last night and camp to HNJ today morning. I did take the different route as suggested in some of the earlier posts through (pashan route).

The distance covered since the fill up is about 100 km and the range now shows 850kms more to go! . Don't know if I would actually be able to achieve this... Lets see.

A point I noticed here is that it is too easy to get a bad average. If I were to just drive normally and not make an effort to increase the economy then I doubt I would have been able to better 14kmpl. You literally have to feather the accelerator. Anything more and the average really drops.
Driving like this is going to take some getting used to...

On another note, I just did the first service last monday. I did get the oil & oil filer changed. I would recommend this oil change to everyone as the engine does feel a little more silent and smooth.

Some Upgrades done

1. Art Leather black seat covers with thick white stitches - Rs 5200 - Really look great but i'm concerned because now they feel a lot hotter than the standard seats. May need to put cheap cloth covers during the summer.

2. Changed headlight bulbs to Phillips Xtreme Power 55/60 - Rs 1000 - Not too satisfied with them. They claim 80% more light but in reality the difference is just about 10%

Still to come

1. I have not yet decided on this but I'm considering getting the front grill chrome plated.

2. I've ordered some high quality chrome strips for the doors, bumpers and for the boot lid. A friend of mine is getting them from the UK. Lets hope they look as classy as the ones on the Linea.

3. Still on the look out for Moulded mud flaps specifically for the Punto. Considered ordering these too from the UK but they are just too expensive. Has anyone been to gat hold of these in India?

Last edited by Crimson : 18th September 2009 at 13:32.
Old 18th September 2009, 14:06   #128
BHPian

Hi buddy, are the chrome strips for the Punto available online from UK? Any links?
Old 18th September 2009, 14:10   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayr View Post
Hi buddy, are the chrome strips for the Punto available online from UK? Any links?
No not readily. I bought them from here.

Ideal Car Parts Chrome Mouldings

These are not an exact fit for a particular car. Ill have to cut them to size myself. I even bought really cheap ones from Laxmi road - Pune but dint stick them on as they looked horrible.
Old 18th September 2009, 15:45   #130
BHPian

Seat Cover Pictures

A few pictures of the seat covers.
Attached Thumbnails
Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report-1.jpg  

Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report-2.jpg  

Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report-3.jpg  

Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report-4.jpg  

Old 18th September 2009, 15:48   #131
Senior - BHPian

Seat Cover looks very classy.
Well gelled with the interiors.
Enjoy and Drive Safe
Old 18th September 2009, 16:50   #132
Senior - BHPian

Can we get anything embossed / stitched on the art leather seats? What has been covered in 5k? What about gear knob and door pads?
Old 18th September 2009, 17:01   #133
Shivashara

Seat covers looks very nice, are they available at Fiat showrooms ?

Old 18th September 2009, 17:16   #134
BHPian

You can get these ordered from Poona Motors. These will not be available at the showrooms and neither are they readily available at Poona Motors.

You can ask for the stitches in any color. My car is silver so I opted for white. I have seen a red Punto with the same covers but red stitches. Looks really cool. I payer 5200 for these and this does not include the gear lever knob.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:39   #135
BHPian

Crimson - Do the black artificial leather seats heat up such that at times you can't sit in them until cooled?

My black Punto is yet to arrive but I have been contemplating on whether to buy black/red combination seat covers.

Suggestions welcome

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks