Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2009, 22:17   #1
BHPian

Emotion Pack Fiat Punto MJD Ownership Report

Just booked the GP Emotion Pack MJD from Pandit. I have booked a red but may just change it to a black tomorrow. Im tossing between the two and not really able to make up my mind.

They offered me a 12K corporate discount. However on the Booking form where they wrote the price they dint include the corporate discount. I need to get that cleared out tomorrow. is this normal practice? Apart from that they are not offering anything. I persuaded them a lot but they were not willing to budge even for mud flaps and mats.

I will be getting the Teflon coating, sunscreen and under body coating done from outside.

They are charging about 18K for Tata AIG insurance. However I have been offered Baja insurance for cheaper (will now the exact value tomrrow morning) if i take the loan directly from the HDFC bank. What do you guys suggest. The sales guy said that I should not take insurance from Bajaj. Any suggestions..?
Old 19th July 2009, 22:20   #2
BHPian

congratz crimson..!
why do u want to change to black??
red looks red hott maan..!
Old 19th July 2009, 22:22   #3
BHPian

Congratulations and celebrations!!

I too have a loan from hdfc and insurance from bajaj for the punto.
No issues whatsoever,if you get it done from bajaj,it costed me 15,600 to get the insurance done,and if you get it from the showroom,its around 17,800.

The sales guy is advising you against bajaj,because he'll miss out on commission. Nothing more.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:26   #4
BHPian

Thanks shanty!

I know it does... I just feel maybe after some time I may find it too loud. I dont know what im gonna do. But I have to finalize the color tomorrow morning.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:32   #5
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Crimson! Great choice!

Reg color, have a good look at Punto in both the colors, if you are married take your wife along OR take your friends.
Take their views & then decide.

On insurance, I had a good experience with Tata AIG so far.
Have not tried with Bajaj Allianz, so no idea abt them.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:34   #6
Senior - BHPian

Black dude, its evergreen color . Congrats BTW ,dont forget to click lots of pics .
Old 19th July 2009, 22:37   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Black dude, its evergreen color . Congrats BTW ,dont forget to click lots of pics .
I'm a sucker for black! But its impossible to maintain.
Old 19th July 2009, 22:45   #8
BHPian

Congrats Crimson. Finally you made the decision. Please share your experience with the dealership.

Now the wait begins.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:05   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Congrats Crimson. Finally you made the decision. Please share your experience with the dealership.

Now the wait begins.
Well my experience with Pandit a couple of days ago was great. I felt i was being treated like a customer and was more comfortable than I was at B.U.

However today, there was some other guy there and to be honest I found him quite curt and arrogant. To give you an idea when i told him I was waiting for the same sales guy I spoke to the other day he says "Yes that is fine but are you going to book the car". And its the tone with which he said that really pissed me off. I did go ahead and book the car eventually because the only other option I had was to go back to B.U. Eventually he mentioned "actually I look into TATA vehicles only". I suppose that figures!

I eventually did meet the other sales guy who was much better to deal with.

These guys really need to realise that its the experience that matters to the customer in the end. Even if they do the job but if the customer feels shitty in the end it does not gonna matter.

I'm just hoping that today's experience was just cause its a Sunday
Old 19th July 2009, 23:07   #10
BHPian

Congratulation Crimson, Enjoi the waiting period.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:12   #11
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the booking and spend the waiting period browsing the team-bhp website to maintain your car in winning form.

If I were you, I'd go for the black. There is nothing like a glossy, well maintained black car. It sure is a head turner!
Old 19th July 2009, 23:14   #12
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
But its impossible to maintain.
Not if your a sucker for maintenance and maintain it well. Take a look at theMAG's 3 year old black Swift. It looks stunning and just like it were driven out of the showroom yesterday.
Old 19th July 2009, 23:17   #13
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson View Post
I'm just hoping that today's experience was just cause its a Sunday
Thats NOT a valid reason at all that warrants such behavior! He needs to be for treating a customer like that!
Old 19th July 2009, 23:24   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Thats NOT a valid reason at all that warrants such behavior! He needs to be for treating a customer like that!
I know but what option did I have! I tried B.U. Dint like it. Went to Pandit - found it better and now second experience with Pandit i'm back to square one.
Old 20th July 2009, 01:09   #15

congrats crimson, even i booked a red punto mjd @pandit today. the on price came to around 6.81. what was yours?
try bargaining for insurance, i got a 2k off on insurance from reliance.
regarding freebies, they did not offer anything even after a lot of hard bargaining.

i had booked a black punto but keeping in mind the hassles to maintain a black color, i am changing my mind for a red one now.

what is the delivery date they have committed to you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks