Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 00:06   #16
BHPian

the next part.
2. Deciding the dealership.
this is also very important. i had two important isuees. the new car price and the old car exchange price.
i was contacted 4-5 dealers around 2-3 months before i wanted to make a purchase. i took TD from 2-3 dealers. this is important to built confidence with them. if you do not take TD they think you are not interested. few of the disccount were std. it is important to know that it is possible to wring out discounts and free accessories from honda delaers by being persistant and playing them against each other.
one of the dealers was willing to give around Rs 5000/- more discount than the others.
another point it possible to get a better deal around the quarterly targets (like mar / jun / oct end weeks)
also there are ceratin discounts if you happen to know any honda employees or belong to good corporate houses.
in my case Ace honda gave the highest resale value for my exchanged car, so went with them. others came almost close (within 5000/- of the final price)
also keep in mind that if you buy outside your state then you need to take a temo regd which costs money. but usually the dealer attitude is that they will forgo / disc the temp regd amount if you ask for it.
once you pay a booking amount / full amount all your negiotiations will come to an end. negiotiate before the booking amount is paid.
give dealers enough time to decide and come with offers. if you show hurry they will not give more discounts at the same time you must keep them interested.
if you plan to exchnage your car, be prepared to negiotiate hard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks