Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2009, 19:39   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

One of the accessory that has currently got my fancy is the HID kit for Safari from Philips. Maybe the 10k that I saved of not buying in the bull-guard can be "invested" (oh yeah!!!) here?
Costs 9k or so here. Very effective if you dnt drink when it rains cats and dogs

And why mess with warranty?
Old 6th August 2009, 19:55   #137
Senior - BHPian

@JK,

As per the FHR (first hand report), the convertion is done at the TATA center by the authorised technicians, so warranty is not an issue.

And yes, the cost is ~10K.

I did have my doubts of it effectiveness in rain (the cat, dog, cattle type), but as per the same FHR, it is a non-issue.

Still not decided about when to go for this. But, I am definitely going in for a 90/100 soon, else my highway drives will be messed up.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:10   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But, I am definitely going in for a 90/100 soon, else my highway drives will be messed up.
Great, and seems you are almost set for the highway on truck. So, I guess now you will be giving tough time for those TN buses to your home town

Lets see, if its truck or the TN Buses
Old 6th August 2009, 21:38   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Great, and seems you are almost set for the highway on truck. So, I guess now you will be giving tough time for those TN buses to your home town ...
Its pay-back time!
Old 6th August 2009, 21:43   #140
BANNED

Quote:
Its pay-back time!
That smiley would change when its time to pay-back the EMI

Sorry to dampen your owning spirits, it was in lighter vein

Get the Beast out from the showroom ASAP.
Old 6th August 2009, 21:49   #141
BHPian

@ Pavan,
You are much lucky that your Safari has done only 11.3 kms on ODO !!!
My friend's one has clocked 43 kms, here in Mumbai...
Please try for some pics..
Old 7th August 2009, 13:53   #142
Team-BHP Support

So, are you getting delivery?
Bank employees to call off strike today: Pranab - India Business - Business - NEWS - The Times of India
Old 7th August 2009, 14:04   #143
Senior - BHPian

Guess, its time for RTO guys to call for a strike
Old 7th August 2009, 15:32   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjothi View Post
Guess, its time for RTO guys to call for a strike
we then surely going to cross 200 mark before the delivery of his car.
Old 7th August 2009, 15:35   #145
Senior - BHPian

Happywheels, bumped into this thread 1 hr back, was going through each post of your buying experience + suggestions from BHPians.

first of all congratulations on booking the beast. The reasons of buying Safari have been captured well enough, and am sure you will see the difference right from day 1 ( I wonder if Scorpio also gets the same respect on road as Safari gets, like people giving way etc)

The color is good, 4x4 makes a killer combo, RTO prices are horrible, Gurgaon, the road tax is 1% for 10L below (exshowroom), and 1.5% for 10L Above (ex showroom). Just imagine the savings guys here have.

10 pages done, car still not in hand, this is when the thread was started after around 20 days of booking the beast.

Anyway, patience pays, I am glued on this thread, look forward to more updates from you.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:01   #146
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HW, when are we meeting for a celebration
Old 7th August 2009, 16:11   #147
Senior - BHPian

@TSK: I was visiting the same site to check on status; you got me the news faster! Thanks! Hopefully tomorrow, hopefully. But with how things are going, some-one seems to be having all the fun in making me wait to get my hands on the vehicle. (I guess I need to break more coconuts during the visits, and also make more visits to the temples! )

@MJothi: Don't give them ideas. But as it stands now, the temp-registration is done. So, regardless of the darn RTO, if the money is got, the vehicle is released. The "if" on the money part is a big font bold "if"!

@Vijay: Yes, 200 is definitely the aim now! ROFL!!!

@TanwarAmit: Thanks you!
What 1% and 1.5%??? Sigh!!! Lucky chaps!

@Dadu: I am hoping to drive down to the celebration in the Safari. But the way the rest of the world is going about letting me do that, I am not sure about the "when" part.

Wanted to join the ride tomorrow - but can't do.

Wanted to join the recce on Sunday (as I see it, the best opportunity to test and familiarize on the 4x4) - but can't do.

So, lot of things are on hold.

And I ask again - "When will my number come?"

EDIT:
Our MOD's are a cheerful lot! Look at the thread title! Hope I do not have to see it growing any longer!

After some time I am sure they will close this thread and as me to PM them ONLY once I get the vehicle, to reopen!!!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 7th August 2009 at 16:18.
Old 7th August 2009, 16:24   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Wanted to join the recce on Sunday (as I see it, the best opportunity to test and familiarize on the 4x4) - but can't do....
If you get your vehicle tomorrow then let me know (call me) and we can go here on Sunday:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...ug-2009-a.html ((Bangalore) Arenara-Indlibele Lake Bed, 2 Aug 2009)

Hey, this is to all Safari 4x4/4x2 owners here in Bangalore. Why don't you guys also come to the above place on Sunday? (NO, not an invitation to start a safari meet thread but just some fun in a SUV ). Looking at the terrian I am sure even a 4x2 Safari could do with some fun in that terrain.

Think about it.. I am serious -- no jokes
Old 7th August 2009, 16:33   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khan_sultan View Post
...https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...ug-2009-a.html ((Bangalore) Arenara-Indlibele Lake Bed, 2 Aug 2009)
... Looking at the terrian I am sure even a 4x2 Safari could do with some fun in that terrain.

Think about it.. I am serious -- no jokes
You are absolutely right, Khan! The terrain in the photos are not too hard-core OTR tracks, hence my interest in doing it. And also, being a newbie (with a new vehicle) did not want to risk it too much.

I reckon others, with a SUV and especially a 4x4, and wanting to test out the vehicle should be there. (Tejas, are you listening???)
Old 7th August 2009, 20:21   #150
Senior - BHPian

Congrats HW, the colour looks nice, Mjothi must be out pasting those posters by now.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks