Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 16:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Makrand,

In diesel engined cars you have to tev the engine a bit to get it going unlike petrol vehicles. Having said that, in case you have a Quadrajet, the car should be accelrating pretty decently as it does not have the turbolag before 2000 rpm like the Tdi.

Keep the AC on recycle mode as far as possible. It will result in better cooling, the interiors will be smoke and pollution free and moreover your blower wouldn't suck up dust and muck as is the case when you are using the fresh air mode.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:28   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpm View Post
Congrats and Welcome to the ultra secretive Vista Club of team-bhp forums, makarand.

Cant guess from your post whether you drive the TDi or Quadrajet (am guessing its a diesel).

Have been living happily with a TDi meself and she hasnt niggled a bit. So far has brought only smiles whenever I think of her. Many others have nothing but mostly good to tell about their vistas (@revhappy @CTRL-ALT-DEL @sushant @nukeblitz and several others).

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate incident with the bull. I had a heart attack when someone scratched my car for the first time. So i can imagine what you must have gone through.

While Vista's inherent properties already make it a sensible buy, what makes the proposition sweeter is that finally we have a better alternative to being 'an extra in the automobile version of the "Attack of the Clones"' (ya know what car am talking about! ). That is a good feeling, wont you agree?

Do post more on the buying experience, price & discounts as well as the things you have planned for her/him like sun film, ICE etc.

Pics too would be nice.

Thanks for the reply...

I own a CAVERN GRAY QUADRAJET AURA - a diesel!

Yeah - i understand the reference to the car that you are making and in my apartment where I stay - there is only one indica vista owned by me (amongst about 100+ cars). Thats a good feeling!

In terms of the deal I got a 10K discount from Tatas and a 3K discount from dealer making it abt 512K on road (insurance was very expensive and I realized it later)
I got Sunfilm, mat set, mudflaps and a 3M wax finish from dealer
Planning to get the white transparent corrosion paint from the dealer and change in tyres to Michelin XM1+. I might get a tuning box from colleagues who may travel to US

No ice upgrades, the existing music system works for me.

___
In terms of other requests -
I have driven my Dad's wagon-R for about 5000 Kms and find it extremely good in terms of driveability in city. The turning radius is very short and the visibility from driver's seat is simply awesome. I find Wagon-R much more [FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]maneuverable in crowded/narrow places. Spark comes a distant second. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][SIZE=3]Having said so, vista is not bad. Its good in terms of stability but if an Auto stops right in front of you in a crowded place dont expect the go-carting like feel of an Maruti 800 of yore days wherein one can simply steer to the left overtake and steer to the right in one go! Vista -you can do that in 5th gear at 60+![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]
I had driven petrol cars mostly earlier and hence it will certainly take a while to get used to a diesel car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks