Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 13:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

hi congrats mate. welcome board to the tbhp-linea ship ahoy!!. so the are 6 lineas from chennai on tbph right?. so where did you book mate?. what offers did you get. keep in touch with us , the chennai linea owners so that you can learn a trick or two from us.

congrats on the marriage too. linea will be wife's envy and your pride. make sure you spend quality time with both.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:06   #17
BHPian

Thanks all for the wishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
hi congrats mate. welcome board to the tbhp-linea ship ahoy!!. so the are 6 lineas from chennai on tbph right?. so where did you book mate?. what offers did you get. keep in touch with us , the chennai linea owners so that you can learn a trick or two from us.

congrats on the marriage too. linea will be wife's envy and your pride. make sure you spend quality time with both.
I booked through VST motors Anna nagar. I got 15K corporate discount and usual accessories pack (Floor mats, mud flaps etc). I am pushing for 3m sun film which i might get. I will definitely be contacting chennai friends for instructions before taking delivery. Waiting for the D day.
Old 24th July 2009, 14:23   #18
BANNED

Quote:
the chennai linea owners so that you can learn a trick or two from us.

Well said, so many tricks to share
thats a reward for taking initial batch cars

Last edited by Technocrat : 27th July 2009 at 17:47. Reason: excessive smilies
Old 24th July 2009, 14:45   #19
Senior - BHPian

kapoor me too got deliver my car from VST Anna Nagar.
Where are you put up?I am in Amanjikarai(Behind Arun Hotel Stop)
Old 24th July 2009, 15:03   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
kapoor me too got deliver my car from VST Anna Nagar.
Where are you put up?I am in Amanjikarai(Behind Arun Hotel Stop)
Hi Karthik.... i stay in Tambaram now. Contructing house in Kilkattalai, will be moving to the house after marriage. Guys in chennai should meet sometime soon. Once i get my car delivered we can plan for some meet.
Old 24th July 2009, 15:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi thats great i am from pallavaram and i have a hospital called deepam hospital in tambaram. So glad to hear that we can spot our lineas frequently..........
Old 24th July 2009, 16:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Oh Great.
Aswin,plan someday,we will meet once he gets his car.
Chennai Linea Owners,
Be ready for next Linea meet.

Sathya & ManMachine,
Where are you guys.
Amazed,No posting from you people.
Old 24th July 2009, 16:44   #23
BHPian

Congrats!!!

Congrats on Booking the Linea! it stands a class Apart from the nearest competitors and get ready to recieve a few Stares from curious onlookers!!
Old 25th July 2009, 10:46   #24
Senior - BHPian

Congrats

Congrats for your Linea and your engagement

Interior plastics quality is overhyped and dont think you will face a problem. With nearly 4 months after buying my Linea every plastic is intact.

Again we are seeing hordes of Linea on team bhp. Keep them coming people.
Old 25th July 2009, 10:56   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats for your Linea and your engagement

Interior plastics quality is overhyped and dont think you will face a problem. With nearly 4 months after buying my Linea every plastic is intact.

Again we are seeing hordes of Linea on team bhp. Keep them coming people.
+1 to that! May 2nd - july 25th - No Rattles whatsoever! rattles basically are caused by Tint installers who sometimes remove the door pads and when they fit them back they have atleast 4-5 door clips with them which they dont know where to put

Plastics arent an issue. i can safely say that plastic quality of Sx4, Swift, Ikon was also the same. havent ended up with broken door knobs or levers till date.

the problem with us Linea Owners is that we have a Product from a Company which was on the Brink of extinction in India. so we tend to look at every isolated problem as being present in every Linea. Standarisation of Production processes has its own drawbacks..sometimes one defective piece could slip in and Fiat has always been Helpful in rectifying any Niggle faced
Old 24th August 2009, 22:33   #26
BHPian

Got a test ride on my car

The day is nearing for taking delivery and so asked the sales person to bring the car to the showroom for doing an inspection.

The interiors were dirty as expected as it came directly from the yard and no cleaning was done. Other than that everything looked fine.

I took the car for a joy ride and was excited to see the ride comfort. The seats fitted perfectly for my size. Strangely once i was in the driver seat the car felt so small for me to handle easily. I was totally impressed with the feel and look of the interiors.

But as mentioned by other lineans the clutch is too long and the first and second gears are short. I wont say the engine is underpowered as i was able to push the car easily ahead (of course you need to be am expert in changing gears ).

I will be taking delivery of the vehicle this friday and will be going on a 2 week vacation for my marriage. I will provide a detailed review then. The following are the snaps i clicked with my mobile.
Attached Thumbnails
Booked a Linea Diesel Emotion PK (Flamenco Red)-imag0008.jpg  

Booked a Linea Diesel Emotion PK (Flamenco Red)-imag0009.jpg  

Old 25th August 2009, 09:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Kapoor,
Seems photos taken in the building next to VST Anna Nagar.
I spoke to Kadhar,Sales,VST and he told that you are planned to install sunfilms and parking sensors from Xenos and asked my assistance.
I already informed Subramanian,Xenos Manager.He will do the needful and give some more discounts.
Both Sunfilm and Sensors are relatively cheap and a very good product.
Advance congratulation for your marriage
Enjoy and Drive Safe.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks