Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2009, 21:58   #16
BHPian

Sunilrj, congrats on your acquisition. I hope all those Maruti trademark exterior problems you faced in your SX4 are history with your Linea.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:09   #17
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Sunil!

Enjoy the Linea & the Admiration!
Old 24th July 2009, 22:14   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
what a truly beautiful looking car!!

however, without wishing to take away from your ownership pleasure, may I know if it feels a tad underpowered please?

I quite liked the drive in the Linea but lots of my friends are constantly saying it is underpowered - especially the 1248 cc diesel.

views welcome

mr. balan!!! Underpowered ?? No ways!! its all in the head ! power or no power!! if your a sane driver, who knows to slot in the gears at the right RPM's and get used to the Long clutch Play thats typical of Fiat, i dont think it could be called underpowered! Knowing the pathetic state of roads in this part of the world, we wudnt be aspiring to be schumis or hamiltons! but all said and done 1248 CC, 86 PS with almost 1.3 ton weight she handles well! No complaints as regards her power or stamina!
Old 24th July 2009, 22:17   #19
BHPian

Congrats sunil on owning the beauty.

The showroom/service response seems excellent after the hiding they got from Fiat!

one question, how come you still have the Blue&Me sticker after putting on the sunfilm?
Mine had to be removed because of sunfilm :(

And that "phenomenon of thigh-touching-seat-coming-down" was discovered and told to Fiat persons by me
Tomorrow I am going to service center for temporary fix to this (they will adjust lever's angle so that it stays away from thigh).
Fiat is also working on a new lever design, which will be made available later to us.

Even I read somewhere that Fiat is getting confused with 2 whites (different for punto and Linea) so discontinuing the linea's vocal white.
This color looks so royal. Its really a shame that they're discontinuing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
wow! beautiful pictures of the Linea! Looks no less than an 18 lac car! Fiat has created a masterpiece.

P.S: I heard Vocal White has been discontinued. Is it true?
Old 24th July 2009, 22:21   #20
BHPian

Congrats Sunil for the great VFM car. Enjoy every bit of the Italian beauty & drive safe.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:28   #21
BHPian

NutsNBolts => yes...even i hope never to experience the Trademark MSIL Exterior issues.. RIP Minor Dents

@finneyp => thank you

@Neotraveller => i continue to give them hidings when things arent done the way theyre supposed to be done. yes they need to evolve from selling indicabs to customers / drivers who would yell back with the choicest of expletives to a premium segment and this evolution will take some time. but in any case they are evolving and are being more responsive. unlike some competitors who wudnt care a damn about their customers, TATA - Fait combine having learnt it the hard way are making every effort to change customer perception even at the dealer end. in fact i have been so happy with their service now that i even gave them a few more linea / punto customers

as regards the Blue & me sticker am a stickler to OE and never let anyone alter the originality. so also with the sticker.. told the tint boy that if he wants a reward then he should put the tint with the sticker on..you see the carrot and stick approach works even today!!
Old 24th July 2009, 22:39   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbhaskarm View Post
Congrats Sunil for the great VFM car. Enjoy every bit of the Italian beauty & drive safe.
thanks Sir!

Attached herewith is the spec sheet of the shoes that i purchased for my Lady! Michellin primacy LC 195/60/15
Attached Files
File Type: pdf mic0491-primary-lc-dl-bro1.pdf (387.4 KB, 1120 views)
Old 24th July 2009, 22:41   #23
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! Your upholstery looks great! How much does it cost?
Old 24th July 2009, 22:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funda2max View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Your upholstery looks great! How much does it cost?
Funda2max it doesnt cost as much as you would expect it to: the 1.5 mm scandinavian leather used in my Linea would set you back by not more than 30K. for the entire job including door panels, gear and handbrake boot and the black fibre panel behind the rear armrest.
Old 24th July 2009, 22:52   #25
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations and welcome to Linea club

Car looks hot, inside out, leather covers are also good.
Regarding mails to fiat, shooting 1 mail to Fiat brings Tata staff on their knees calling customer again and again. Have witnessed it myself 2-3 times.

Hope the paint matching is perfectly fine, shade matching on a single body panel is really a pain.
Old 24th July 2009, 23:01   #26
BHPian

Service Update!!

Got done with the first service at 1880 Kms since the 3 months of purcahse were up. insisted on an Oil Change and was charged a total of Rs. 1844/- for oil and filter!

The denting and repair bill on june 27th came upto rs. 2341/- and Fiat and BASF as a goodwill measure had borne the cost of subsequent coats of paint.

Purchased a few Must have toys for the chica!

listed below:

1. Black & decker Car vacum Cleaner @ 3499/- the old chinese one purchased for rs. 499/- went kaput on the third time it was used

2. Fiat branded Valve caps for the tires (Pics enclosed) rs. 499/- from ebay

3. 5 sachets of rain X Towels rs. 399/- from Ebay

4. Hymatic Pressure water Cleaner from Ebay.in to wash my car! earlier used to use a normal hose with a sprayer and had to slog an entire day! @ rs. 5499/-

5. Awaiting delivery of Stainless Steel Kickplates to complement the looks as well as protect the running board from scratches and scuff marks cost about 4000/- INR on Ebay Again!
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-3bf6_1.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-626.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-kick.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-rainxtowel.jpg  

Old 24th July 2009, 23:03   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congratulations and welcome to Linea club

Car looks hot, inside out, leather covers are also good.
Regarding mails to fiat, shooting 1 mail to Fiat brings Tata staff on their knees calling customer again and again. Have witnessed it myself 2-3 times.

Hope the paint matching is perfectly fine, shade matching on a single body panel is really a pain.
thank you cool boy! the paint matching is perfect. afterall it has been done by the OE suppliers of Fiat at their own R&D plant (BASF Coatings pvt Ltd). the door now doesnt even look as though it has been touched up.
Old 25th July 2009, 00:34   #28
BHPian

Congratulations Sunilrj.
I was really fascinated by your eye for detail such as valve caps. Appreciate your hardwork.
During one visit to Concorde, Hyderabad, I noticed several Lineas parked inside. The service adviser told me they had come for service. When inquired about the general problems that these new cars throw up, he said many have problem with AC condenser. It seems Fiat has advised them to replace the condenser in such cars free of cost. I saw one car whose owner refused to take delivery of the car after one such replacement demanding he be given a brand new car as he couldn't digest the fact that a new car like his should have such serious problems. The folks at the facility were rolling their eyes and were murmuring amongst themselves at the futility of the customer's demands.
Old 25th July 2009, 07:38   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lejhoom View Post
Congratulations Sunilrj.
I was really fascinated by your eye for detail such as valve caps. Appreciate your hardwork.
It seems Fiat has advised them to replace the condenser in such cars free of cost. I saw one car whose owner refused to take delivery of the car after one such replacement demanding he be given a brand new car as he couldn't digest the fact that a new car like his should have such serious problems. The folks at the facility were rolling their eyes and were murmuring amongst themselves at the futility of the customer's demands.
Lejhoom... thanks a lot.. yes the valve caps make my lady look prettier!! well if you google for AC condensor flooding, you will know why fiat is giving replacements. however it isnt fiat to be blamed but our roads which are perenially dusty and slushy. the slush / dust gets accumulated on the opening of the rubber tube which drains the water from the condensor. beast way out is to just hoist the car up, insert a screwdriver into the drain pipe opening and clear off any clogging elements. as regards Customer demanding a new car, probably he needs to be educated abour product recalls which never happen in India!
Old 25th July 2009, 09:08   #30
BANNED

Sunilrj you Linea owners have got serious Italian passion :-) congrats on your car. Your interiors are awesome !!! I know some people who have done their cars leather interiors with Karlsson leather in Bangalore and visited them in Indiranagar . Fine swedish quality stuff and workmanship and good value for money. Your white Linea looks great !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks