Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2009, 02:29   #286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
here is an update on Update 5.4 to B&M. after Updation, the B&M will play files from any ipod / iphone just like from a USB stick. before the update you would have ahd to store music on the Ipod in mp3 format after formatting the ipod as an external drive. now even aac files will play along with the copy protected DRM files purchased from the itunes store.

however you need to purchase a B&M dongle which has to be inserted before the USB port and the ipod. the B&M will also play songs from any movie / video file on the Ipod as well as give audible alerts incase of any updates / msgs recieved on any plug-ins installed on the Ipod i.e. GPS navigation plug in etc.

pic of the dongle attached. Costs $ 112 + $ 18 shipping

i too just finished updating the Blue & Me system on my punto 1.4, now unfortunately my ipod does not work, it no longer reads atleast some of the artist names and stuff it used to earlier. is this because i need this B&M dongle. anyone has used it? and do you get them here in india? or is anyone travelling to india soon, coz i am interested if its worth is proven.
Old 22nd February 2010, 12:21   #287
BHPian

10 Months since ive Owned the Linea. Apart from the initial hiccups with the Paint, the ride has been wonderful so far. Got a call from concorde this Morning( my primary Dealer is Concorde as the Car was bought by Automatrix From them and delivered to me as i had inisisted on Vocal White) saying that they have recieved a mail from Fiat asking them to replace the Cluth Slave Cylinder under warranty Free of Cost as they have noticed some problem in a selected few cars. told Concorde that i am based in Mangalore and to forward the mail to Automatrix. this was at 11.30 am / 22/02/2010.

at 12.08 pm 22/01/2010 i get a call from Automatrix that Fiat has sent them a mail on the same issue and Concorde has forwarded another mail and that i should drop in to the workshop for the Job tommorrow at 9 am! Way to Go TATA-Fiat!!

sometime in december i noticed that the boot light was not coming on and the MID wasnt providing info when the boot was open. Drove to Automatrix, Met Rajaram and told him the Problem. Rajaram like an experienced Surgeon, asked the technician to get the boot door lock unit from Stock and replace the existing one and LO! everything was fine! Shocking that this rare part was in stock! entire operation took about 30 minutes, and then i spent another 45 minutes having tea at Automatrix!!

thats it for now..! signing off for the present!
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:15   #288
BHPian

@sunilrj thanks for replying to my PM ,i totally agree with you. My experience buying a punto from Automatrix has been flawless. Right from booking the car from chennai to pdi( took the car up on the forklift ....) to delivery it has been awesome. A special word of appreciation to Mr Mahesh Shetty -he is the best . Thanks once again for your reply much appreciated
Old 22nd February 2010, 13:58   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
!!

thats it for now..! signing off for the present!
finally some updates from you. For last couple of months, on my weekend visits to mangalore, i kept on looking out for white linea with your reg number never noticed it though! now a days i see good number of Lineas/Punto around Mangalore

Last week I had thought about going to Auto Matrix and ask about where abouts of you Was busy so was not able to go.

Now that the roads around Mangalore are in "drivable" state, especially Udupi stretch, i am sure you are enjoying your rides.

Please update us on same!

Any other new mods done/planned?
Old 15th March 2010, 19:47   #290
BHPian

Hey Sunil just wanted to know about the Karlssen seats. How do you feel during summer or when the temperatures soar above 36 Degrees, whether Linea's AC is able to take care of the Temperature or is it a problem with Leather seats. I am planning for leather seats talked to the Karlssen people and they have sent me pictures of the scandanavian leather and is advising me to go for Black one which i am little bit hesitant, for Tan leather he is saying me to opt for NAPPA leather which will jack up the prices
Old 15th March 2010, 21:21   #291
BHPian

Hi pjegadeesh. I got Kaarlsson's seats fitted in my Linea. There is absolutely no need to worry about the heat dissipation/absorption by the seats. I was in Trivandrum recently where I had to leave the car parked in open sun for long durations, with outside temperature at 38C, a few times, during the drive to Kanyakumari, the MID was indicating OAT as 42C. Once the ACC starts working, the car starts getting comfortable within 15-20 seconds. I keep the ACC at 18C and leather seats are cleaned one in two months. You can go through my thread to see if you like the seat color. It is camel shade.
Old 26th April 2011, 07:33   #292
BHPian

re: Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !

almost two years since i got my Linea! the running hasnt been much as i guess i got the car at the wrong time. first the city roads were all in a mess and closed due to concreting works and now the highways NH 17, NH 13 and NH 48 are undergoing four laning because of which the wanderer in me has stopped wandering around. my running thus has been limited to about 5 kms a day * 365 days!
Old 26th April 2011, 09:28   #293
J.Ravi

re: Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !

I am happy to see the new update after a long hiatus, Sunilrj. Keep us posted with your experience. Advance birthday wishes to your lovely Linea.

Last edited by J.Ravi : 26th April 2011 at 09:29.

Old 24th September 2011, 08:17   #294
BHPian

Almost 30 Months since i got my Linea. Its been a Pleasure to own and drive this car. A.S.S has been OK comparable to my Maruti and Ford Experiences

the other day while Pressing the boot release Button on the dash, the button panel went inside! i thought Oh! what the heck. how much is this going to cost? Is this part going to be in stock and i was pleasantly suprised to see that the dealer had this part in Stock and the damage ? Just Rs. 1451/- The Whole Assembly above the ICE including the Central Air Vents were replaced. time taken 15 minutes.

at the same time due to high temperatures and constant leaning of people against the tail lamps, the edges of the tail lamps were chipped and there was some moisture inside them. got these replaced to. Both Left and Right tail lamps were in stock which surprised me again! the Cost Rs. 2300/- each! Time Taken 1 hour.

Apart from these, average mileage inside the city with the AC on has been a consistent 11.2 KMPL

and yes! though i am tempted to change my car for a newer entrant in the market like the Fiesta etc, everytime i wash the car and see my Chica sparkle in the Sun, i fall in Love once again with this Italian Beauty! Inspite of the Initial Niggles, Average A.S.S. experiences, if i had to buy a car again it would be the Linea again! as the saying Goes once you drive a Fiat you will always want a Fiat!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 24th September 2011 at 08:23.
Old 10th June 2012, 07:24   #295
BHPian

The Inevitable had to Happen. in November 2011, i recieved a good offer for the Linea from a friend who had been always envious of the car. he came down from Bangalore, saw the car, fell in love and Did an NEFT for the Asking price! Bid an adieu to the Chica italiano and handed her over to the new owner.was busy with entering grahasthashrama and hence couldnt update earlier!

Last edited by Sunilrj : 10th June 2012 at 07:25.

Most Viewed