Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 12:35   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
well sunil i do know what System D is and what it works, but reading through other multijet,quadrajet and DDiS reports i understood that new technology doesnt need to add this so asked you, thanks.
No offence Vijay...i juss said its a good to have..not a must have just like the Oil Change :-)
Old 25th July 2009, 12:51   #47
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchasing of Linea and the fast growing Linea community on t-BHP.I have nt seen anyone post so many pics,which shows your passion.
Enjoy the ride.
Old 25th July 2009, 12:55   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
Congratulations on your purchasing of Linea and the fast growing Linea community on t-BHP.I have nt seen anyone post so many pics,which shows your passion.
Enjoy the ride.
Hillram Thank you!

just for statistics:

*was the first in Mangalore to get Vocal White
*the first in Mangalore to have the vocal white colour door touched up
*the only one still to own a Vocal White in Mangalore
*the only one to post so many pics here ( as told by Hillram)
*the only one to see a totally Totalled Linea where all the four passengers walked out alive and clicked pics of the wreckage themselves!
Old 25th July 2009, 13:13   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
The Music can Last Thru an 809 Hour Drive!!
Quote:
i always feel that spoilers SPOIL the looks of the car.
you are a funny guy Sunil but i must admire your passion for your linea and it clearly shows in looks.

nice buy and white color looks majestic and they way you are maintaining it, i am sure it look the same even after years.

Drive safe and injoy
Old 25th July 2009, 13:15   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
*the only one to see a totally Totalled Linea where all the four passengers walked out alive and clicked pics of the wreckage themselves!
Can you share some pics if by any chance you have them with you?
Old 25th July 2009, 13:32   #51
Senior - BHPian

I guess you're part of an exclusive "Vocal White" Club...cuz Fiat has discontinued this color and introduced Bossanova white( why!?!)
Vocal white was such an awesome color! The new one is just plain white. Have a look:
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-linea.jpg  

Old 25th July 2009, 14:05   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can you share some pics if by any chance you have them with you?
I am awaiting the pics to be delivered to my mailbox. the car had gone head long into an oncoming tipper carrying granite boulders each boulder the size of a mans fist... after crashing the tipper turned over and fell sideways on the Linea unloading its contents over the car.!

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
you are a funny guy Sunil but i must admire your passion for your linea and it clearly shows in looks.

nice buy and white color looks majestic and they way you are maintaining it, i am sure it look the same even after years.

Drive safe and injoy
sunny!! i am a funny Human!! check out the pics of the linea after the leather job and observe the shine of its exterior! the showroom intends to induct me to be their paint refinish and surface expert for even the ready to deliver cars do not have that kind of a shine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
I guess you're part of an exclusive "Vocal White" Club...cuz Fiat has discontinued this color and introduced Bossanova white( why!?!)
Vocal white was such an awesome color! The new one is just plain white. Have a look:
am proud to be a part of the limited edition Vocal white Club! as mentioned earlier and having experienced the pain of colour mismatch during touch up of my RR door wherein FIAT had to intervene and depute the refinish expert from BASF and also having established contacts at BASF Coatings im sure i will not face any problems as regards non availibility of the colour in the future,

as regards the reason it could be simple cost cutting as solid white as in Honda city, tata Indica, safari costs less as compared to the Vocal White colour. Moreover the vocal white of Linea and pearl white of safari have different tints... observe a vocal white and you find a reddish tint in the pearl coat whereas In the pearl white of safari it is a yellowish tint! and in order to prevent the TASS guys from painting lineas with the safari pearl white they could have gone in for Bossanova white!
Old 25th July 2009, 14:39   #53
BANNED

Sunil - well, I saw the thread only today & read thro' your experience from day 1 till date written in a single day !

Welcome Aboard to t-bhp Linea club
Old 25th July 2009, 14:48   #54
BHPian

Sunil, Great interiors. 30 k is very reasonable for complete leather . The finish looks very good. The only thing is that a lighter color will need more cleaning as it'll get dirty much faster.
Old 25th July 2009, 15:26   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sunil - well, I saw the thread only today & read thro' your experience from day 1 till date written in a single day !

Welcome Aboard to t-bhp Linea club

yes VP! have been patitently waiting for my membership to be approved by the mods! the almost 90 day experience was written in a single day

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
Sunil, Great interiors. 30 k is very reasonable for complete leather . The finish looks very good. The only thing is that a lighter color will need more cleaning as it'll get dirty much faster.
yes 30 K is very reasonable for the seats, door trims and the gear and handbrake boots! the lighter colour doesnt get dirty as we always think. look at all the high end cars with leather upholstery as a standard fitment! it doesnt get dirty. the light interior needs minimal cleaning...say once a month with a leather cleaning gel, unless you have the habbit of ferrying around construction workers in your car!
Old 25th July 2009, 15:43   #56
BHPian

[quote=Sunilrj;
yes 30 K is very reasonable for the seats, door trims and the gear and handbrake boots! the lighter colour doesnt get dirty as we always think. look at all the high end cars with leather upholstery as a standard fitment! it doesnt get dirty. the light interior needs minimal cleaning...say once a month with a leather cleaning gel, unless you have the habbit of ferrying around construction workers in your car! [/quote]

I'm gonna disagree with you here. I have leather seats in my car, in a much darker shade than yours, and it does get dirty. it's just that it's not that obvious to us as it happens gradually. But it does get dirty with or without the construction workers!

Here's some pics of my Vocal White Linea's interiors.
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-seats4.jpg  

Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-seats3.jpg  

Old 25th July 2009, 20:01   #57
Senior - BHPian

From where did you get this done Ghost_Rider and whats the cost ?
Old 25th July 2009, 23:17   #58
BANNED

Sunilrj

Very good seat covers there. One of the bests.

I can understand patience reqd in awaiting mods approval for an ID .
Old 26th July 2009, 07:53   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I'm gonna disagree with you here. I have leather seats in my car, in a much darker shade than yours, and it does get dirty. it's just that it's not that obvious to us as it happens gradually. But it does get dirty with or without the construction workers!

Here's some pics of my Vocal White Linea's interiors.
yes gradual deposition of dust and grime is there.but if cleaned regularly with the gel its easier to maintain. in other words we call it preventive maintenance
Old 26th July 2009, 07:56   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Sunilrj

Very good seat covers there. One of the bests.

I can understand patience reqd in awaiting mods approval for an ID .
thanks VP. Karlsson does a fine job...and here is an esteemed customers testimonial to Sajith the CEO of karlsson!! so u can very easily guage the quality of work!!
Attached Thumbnails
Chica Italiano dressed in White! the Saga Begins!!! (White Linea) Update: Now Sold !-sc00064cc3.jpg  

Most Viewed