Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2009, 11:58   #76
BHPian

Excellent report Sid!! Now if you can post similar comparison report for the diesel siblings of these cars... (I am getting greedy!)
Old 10th August 2009, 13:09   #77
BHPian

Quote:
The I20, on the other hand will appeal to those who want a safe, spacious and comfortable car with lots of features and do some highway runs. Though the engine is uninspiring, it more than makes up with decent mileage, stability and the peace of mind that comes with the hyundai badge, making it easy to live with.
Exactly my sentiments
Old 10th August 2009, 13:22   #78

Awesome Review Sid...Njoyed every bit of it. Keep it going buddy !!!
Old 10th August 2009, 15:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

@NUTS-
I think you watched that wheelocity something which was coming on NDTV as i was in my gym and that comparison caught my attention.
Totally agree.
Fabia was not even discussed thrice and it was all Jazz and Jazz.
Though Jazz was looking good in Blue
Old 10th August 2009, 20:20   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@NUTS-
I think you watched that wheelocity something which was coming on NDTV as i was in my gym and that comparison caught my attention.
Totally agree.
Fabia was not even discussed thrice and it was all Jazz and Jazz.
Though Jazz was looking good in Blue
It was wheelocity, yes. Jazz would've looked even better if a Fabia was made to stand alongside.
Old 11th August 2009, 13:20   #81
BHPian

Exellant Work Sid. Keep it up!!
Old 12th August 2009, 11:06   #82
Senior - BHPian

Well good work done sid.nice detailed reporting for all these new cas.It would be great if you started a same kindof a comparison for diesel vehicles as well.
Old 12th August 2009, 12:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschivate View Post
Excellent report Sid!! Now if you can post similar comparison report for the diesel siblings of these cars... (I am getting greedy!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndrojitSircar View Post
Well good work done sid.nice detailed reporting for all these new cas.It would be great if you started a same kindof a comparison for diesel vehicles as well.
An excellent report has already been filed on the diesel hatchbacks by Sid. Check this thread

The Definitive comparision: Punto 1.3 MJD VS I 20 1.4 CRDi VS Ritz 1.3 DDiS
Old 12th August 2009, 13:20   #84
BHPian

sidindica: Awesome reviews! Detailed, unbiased and absolutely correct. While I can't say that I agree with each and every one of your points. Most of them are bang on. I have just recently bought a Ritz ZXi and can vouch for the Ritz being real VFM and an excellent city car.

I have a request - If you can, please do a similar comparison for sedans.
Say a comparison between Linea Petrol, SX4, Honda city, Fiesta and any other in the same class will be very helpful.
Old 12th August 2009, 22:35   #85
BHPian

What about the Chevrolet SRV?
Old 13th August 2009, 11:55   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
An excellent report has already been filed on the diesel hatchbacks by Sid. Check this thread

I have already seen this thread, but it is limited to BS4 compliant cars.
Old 13th August 2009, 15:45   #87

I have just been test-driving lots of cars in London and thought I would share a few quick impressions with the team. In the car itself, I was essentially looking for a bit of prestige, good handling and decent space. Wasn't too worried about the mpg or speed. So starting off :
1 ) Honda Civic Sport - Looks muscular from outside with lot of presence- But admit it was a bit of letdown driving; Not much outside visibility; Felt like sitting inside a battle tank. Handling so-so for a Honda.
2 ) Suzuki Swift- Great car; Very sprightly on the gas pedal, great handling and compact looks; The only reason I didn't buy this was because just visited Mum in Bangalore and saw millions and millions of Swifts on the road; So kind of lost its unique charm.
3 ) BMW 3 series Convertible- The name says it all; Its a BMW and its a Convertible; Great handling and looks great both with top up and down. However, Took it out for a spin on the motorway and roared it up to 80 mph. There was a bit of vibration felt, both in the steering wheel and coming from the chassis. The dealer in the back seat tried to skirt over the issue saying it was windy outside ( It was ). Later spoke to my Boss who has a BMW X5 and he said even his X5 had had vibration problems when new and they had extensively re-engineered it. A lady colleague has a BMW Z4 and even she reported some vibration. Maybe its nothing but it was like an unscratchable itch so decided against a BMW.
4 ) Jaguar X Type- Wow what a car; Looks great, The diesel engine is very nifty; decent fuel consumption; Just feels like a rich man's car inside. However the news that X-Type is going out of production in September 2009 was a big turn-off. Thats what happened when I bought the Rover a few years ago. The Rover MG company went bust in 2006 and the car is now only worth the metal its been built from. Its still a great car but nobody wants it.
5 ) Honda Accord- Nice car but felt like something a well-to-do farmer would buy; There was nothing special at all; Drove well, leather seats, lots of space but still didn't pull the heart
6 ) Mercedes C-Class- The search finally came to an end. Wow now this is a car- Its a Mercedes. I can probably write pages and pages I guess but suffice it to say I bought it. The electronic dashboard actually tells me how much mileage I am going to get per gallon depending on how I am driving. And people stare at the car and then at you driving it. And when I went to pay the car tax, the clerk started flirting about the car (even though my wedding ring is as big as an elephant's chain). And the colour is wine red which is unusual for a Mercedes but which suits it so well.
Any comments welcome.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:36   #88
ada
BHPian

Well Sid, I'am canceling all my auto mag subscriptions, who needs one when an un-biased, fantastic, and from the heart reviews are available here for free. I predict a grave future for all these auto-mags which seem to pander for the public but are totally biased. Even if you do not agree with the conclusions, all the points are covered and in detail. Read the article and you can do your own rating.

Three cheers to Sid.
Old 13th August 2009, 16:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehawk11 View Post
I have just been test-driving lots of cars in London and thought I would share a few quick impressions with the team. In the car itself, I was essentially looking for a bit of prestige, good handling and decent space. Wasn't too worried about the mpg or speed. So starting off :.....
It would have been very helpful if you managed to click some photos of those cars you TDed. Good that you found a car of your liking. congrats on your purchase.
Old 13th August 2009, 21:53   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post

Thank you for giving this info

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks