Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 15:56   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
I like everything else in this car except the price. But for the price, am sure this car would give the other competitors a tough fight.

Anyways, a Honda is a Honda and people do not mind paying when it is a Honda.
look at it this way. this car will get good resale value when it will be sold. not that one buys a car for this reason. this should be your last priority on the buying list.

but you recover more money compared to other brands for what you paid today for this car in the future.

thats why a honda is a honda.
Old 2nd August 2009, 16:14   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcrum_77 View Post
I also noted that all the steering controls are on the left side of the steering. Thats ok for A/T, but with manual transmission, most of the time your hand is on the gear knob.
Looks like the Jazz is aimed primarily at the US Market (LHD & Automatic). Both these things make the controls on the left logical.
Old 11th August 2009, 00:49   #33
BHPian

Hi guys.. Thanks for all the wonderful comments and wishes..

Now an update - I thought I will be updating you about 1000 Km service but I am sad to inform you that my lil' car met with a small mishap yesterday. My wife accidentally banged it into a Pillar while reversing. The rear windscreen is shattered, bumper gone and there is dent on the boot. I have file for claim and will take to dealership tomorrow. till next update.. Take care & Safe driving.

Last edited by manu7781 : 11th August 2009 at 00:50.
Old 11th August 2009, 01:09   #34
Senior - BHPian

Ouch ! That hurts. However, I suppose since its a new car, you will not be required to spend a bomb out of your pocket.
Old 23rd August 2009, 13:48   #35
BHPian

@manu7781 - Feels very bad to hear that. IMO any claims made within first 6 months of purchase of the car, you dont need to pay for anything, it would be a total cashless repair. And do not trust any other garage than the company itself.
Old 29th August 2009, 11:28   #36
BHPian

Hi guys,
I was pleasantly surprise to learn about the whole insurance claim to settlement process. It been almost 6 years since we dealt with any insurance company (last dealing was not a pretty picture) so I was little apprehensive about the whole process.
1. Called Insurance helpline registered claim.
2. Got a call back from the insurance company about the dealership and the insurance company representative there.
3. Dropped the car next day with copy of my wife's license along with other relevent documents. (that was pretty much it from my side)
4. Guy from Honda told me that whole boot assembly, rear wind screen & rear bumper with be replaced and i will have to pay for 50% of plastic part.
5. Then Honda dealt with insurance company and told me that claim is approved. The total claim cost was little over 32 grands. We needed to pay 5500 out of our pocket rest was taken care by the Insurance company.
6. Since Jazz was recently launched in the market it took Honda 3-4 day just to source the spares and get it to the workshop.
7. Finally got my car back on 25th Aug 2009.

Since they have replaced the whole assembly the car is still brand new. People at Honda go an extra mile to help their customer (atleast I have always felt that).

Will update about the 1st service once I am done with it.

Manu
Old 29th August 2009, 12:53   #37
Shivashara

Any dealer earns more in repair job than selling a car, therefore they will go anywhere to help costumer and rather themselves.

Old 29th August 2009, 13:33   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu7781 View Post
Hi guys,
5. Then Honda dealt with insurance company and told me that claim is approved. The total claim cost was little over 32 grands. We needed to pay 5500 out of our pocket rest was taken care by the Insurance company.
6. Since Jazz was recently launched in the market it took Honda 3-4 day just to source the spares and get it to the workshop.
7. Finally got my car back on 25th Aug 2009.

Since they have replaced the whole assembly the car is still brand new. People at Honda go an extra mile to help their customer (atleast I have always felt that).

Will update about the 1st service once I am done with it.
Manu
That's good service you got there manu.
Please mention the service center at which your car was repaired, it would be of great use for the fellow delhi-bhpian's as HONDA has a bad name for thier below average A.S.S.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:48   #39
BHPian

Nice Jazzy looking car! Very modern design, the steering wheel reminds me of Civic. I guess it is a swiss army knife of hatchbacks!
Old 19th January 2010, 13:46   #40
BHPian

Manu

Since you are one of the early buyers of JAZZ it would be good if you can give your long term ownership report.

Thanks
Vnk

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks