Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2009, 13:19   #16
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Loved the collage! A very unique way to present pictures of your car. The color is absolutely stunning as well. The shade of the leather interior looks sinful! Cheers mate and enjoy your drives!
Old 28th July 2009, 15:11   #17
Senior - BHPian

wonderful collage and a unique way of showing your vocal white, congratulations on your ownership.superb interiors and admiration surely guaranteed.Keep updating!
Old 28th July 2009, 17:24   #18
BHPian

Finally you have found the time dude. Awesome collage. Now time to post it in words as well. Come on!
Old 29th July 2009, 08:45   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunilrj View Post
Ghost rider looks like we vocal white owners want to make the exclusive beauty more exclusive. great collage, beautiful pics and beautifully done up. i love the black grille!
Yup, Exquisitely Exclusive! The Black grill and fog lamp covers were the first changes done before the delivery at the dealership. Appreciate the compliments!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakchiniwal View Post
i must say, the car looks awsome and i suggest you patent this photograph of yours. Good Job.

You never know, might as well appear on the Linea Website Gallery
Glad you liked it ! Don't know about the Linea website, but I'll be glad send you a high res file of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Your interiors seem to be AWESOME. The shade reminds me of the brown shade of leather that I so love on Audis / BMWs.
Thank You ! They are AWESOME, if I may say so myself. The shade of Leather used is Burnt Orange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranava999 View Post
Finally you found the time...great.SO are we going to get to read more??
Yes of course! This was just a TEASER. After all, this is "The Transformation Chronicles": It'll be BIG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Vanilla on the outside and chocolate (sort of) on the outside. This vehicle will turn one into a sinner. GR, that's very tasteful mod.
I'm sure you meant chocolate on the INSIDE.
The Devil's purpose is to ENTICE! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotraveller View Post
congrats, ghostrider.
Atlast you have made a formal post. But this is not enough ... we need more pics!

Looks like its vocal white Linea rain now-a-days.
Thank you ! Yours wishes will be fulfilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Welcome GhostRider,
Finally you have engraved.
But we need some interior Photos.
car looks awesome.especially the Interiors.
Thank You ! High res imagery after this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
Hey,
Great Interior and great collage.... Car really looks beautiful.
Picasa or some other s/w for collage?
Appreciate it.
You won a cigar, Picasa, it is! Quick, easy and offers basic cc capabilities. The CS3 project is planned for a later stage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post
nice one ghost rider...
more pics of interiors dude..
the car looks special
Thank You ! Pics to follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
What more can I add about the pics? Absolutely brilliant.
Please more details about the interior, who, what, where, how much etc...
Appeciate the compliment ! The delay in the post of this thread was because of the lack of good pics. My digicam gave up the ghost the very day Linea came into my life! A friend came to my rescue with his Cannon and saved the day!
The interiors ? You'll have to wait till it's witten in "The Transformation Chronicles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk_kapoor View Post
Awesome photos my friend.... your good taste reflects both in cars interiors and the way you have taken those photos. Please share us the rates and availability of the accessories you have.
Merci beaucoup, Mon Ami. You'll have to follow "The Transformation Chronicles" for the details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
i had been hoping to see this for past one month. finally you found time. anyways welcome aboard to team-bhp linea ship. Ahoy!. Looks like we are sailing in full steam. And it is raining lineas here.
Sorry to keep you waiting, but I promise, the Ghost Rider will make it worth the wait. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Wel-come aboard, ghost_rider (atleast formally with ownership thread).

can you post single-shot pics for clarity
Glad to be aboard! High res pics to follow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
@Ghost rider - name implies, some one who cannot be seen... but it so happens, that you will get loudly noticed wherever you go... thats a splendid ride... envy you! Congrats!
Thank you ! The Ghost Rider will make himself seen, during the course of the "Chronicles". Read ON!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Loved the collage! A very unique way to present pictures of your car. The color is absolutely stunning as well. The shade of the leather interior looks sinful! Cheers mate and enjoy your drives!
Much oblige! INDIVIDUALITY; isn't that what it's all about ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
wonderful collage and a unique way of showing your vocal white, congratulations on your ownership.superb interiors and admiration surely guaranteed.Keep updating!
Thank You ! Yes, she is a head turner for sure, specially after the Transformation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Finally you have found the time dude. Awesome collage. Now time to post it in words as well. Come on!
Thanks, I thought I'd do things differently. You've seen the End; now see how it all began! Welcome to "The Transformation Chronicles"!

Last edited by ghost_rider : 29th July 2009 at 09:00. Reason: EDIT
Old 29th July 2009, 10:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I'm sure you meant chocolate on the INSIDE.
The Devil's purpose is to ENTICE! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
Yes I did mean chocolate inside . That was a typo, by the time I realised, post had entered moderation cycle. Now, since you plan on chronicles, are they going to turn Linea into something resembling that awesome bike driven by Ghost Rider ? With all those fire graphics, Linea might just turn out to be the passion igniting beast, not that it already is not.
Old 29th July 2009, 11:07   #21
BHPian

looking forward to it mate. BTW did you get Blue and me/ABS on your variant?
Old 29th July 2009, 18:39   #22
BHPian

GOD is in the Details!
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4968.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4970.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4979.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4977.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4987.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4993.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4995.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4999.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4962.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4981.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5012.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5013.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5052.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5053.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5055.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5004.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5056.jpg  

Old 29th July 2009, 18:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

I somehow feel that those mud flaps spoil the looks of the Linea... cant they be more subtle like the one's on the Hyundai Accent or even the WagonR VXi
Old 29th July 2009, 18:51   #24
BHPian

Behind Blue Eyes
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5022.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5021.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5023.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5024.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5011.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_5007.jpg  

Old 29th July 2009, 18:53   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I somehow feel that those mud flaps spoil the looks of the Linea... cant they be more subtle like the one's on the Hyundai Accent or even the WagonR VXi
+1

Nice pictures.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:11   #26
BHPian

Superb Pics love the color man its awesome. Congrats !! & Enjoy safe ride

btw Which camera you used. or did you edited the pics ?

Last edited by FERRO : 29th July 2009 at 19:13.
Old 29th July 2009, 19:35   #27
BHPian

Great Looking beauty

Hi! I own the beast, you own the beauty! I have a Fiat adventure. Fiat makes cars with lot of love and care. Thats for sure. Can you tell me, how much dis the leather work cost you? Also, from where did you get this done?
Old 29th July 2009, 19:51   #28
Senior - BHPian

The most beautiful pics of the Linea I have ever seen.

Awaiting the interior pictures.
Old 29th July 2009, 20:28   #29
BHPian

LEATHER......B U R N t!
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4486.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4488.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4494.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4495.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4496.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4496_a.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4498.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-img_4499.jpg  

Last edited by ghost_rider : 29th July 2009 at 20:30. Reason: EDIT
Old 29th July 2009, 20:48   #30
BHPian

And now some reading. I'd posted this earlier on the TD thread, but I think it needs to be here; a place to call HOME!

Chapter I : The TEST !

Ok here it is; my 2 cents on the Petrol Linea. Had been waiting for a while to get my hands on the petrol version and so was quite excited when the dealer here in Delhi called me up to say that I could get a TD of the petrol engined Linea. I must say that before the TD , my mind was biased towards it being a sluggish car based on the Tech specs; 1.2 tons and only 89 bhp to power it? I had my doubts, but then again the old Honda City(not the VTEC) was only 77 bhp and well, nobody said nothing about that being a slowcoach!!!

Start the car, and one would have to listen hard, and I mean really hard, to hear the engine ticking over in the bonnet. Instantly , one gets the feeling that this car belongs to a segment higher than the one it is in. Slot the gear into 1st, and the car pulls away effortlessly. It's not going to pin you to the back of your seat when you suddenly hit the pedal to the metal, but it surges ahead gently, which will definitely be appreciated by the co-passengers as they wont get to experience that jerkiness which one would experience with sudden acceleration.
{ At this point, I think I should make one thing clear that I'm not looking to emulate a certain M.Schumacher or even trying to set a new lap record in my Grand Prix to nowhere. No Sir ; This car is being evaluated as a family sedan that will be comfortable, luxurious, and safe for the three of us(me, the mrs. and our 2 year old baby girl). For all my racing aspirations, I have a 1.6 GTX Palio with a free flow air intake, dual Elevo air intake superchargers and of course the headers with the free flow exhaust.}

OK back to Linea drive. The steering is definitely lighter than in its diesel engined sibling and the FIRE breathing car also feels much lighter and quicker to drive, simply because of the absence of turbo lag. But the thing that really blew me away was this; 4 people in the car, 3rd gear, 20 kmph speed and the car never felt like it was gasping for air; instead, it was crawling along peacefully in the traffic that we encounter in our daily commute. Step on the gas, and the linear acceleration of the Linea pulls you away with a kind of smoothness that is yet to be experienced in a car of this segment. As the speed builds, so does the confidence. Didn't have to think twice or stamp on the brakes, to negotiate the almost 90 degree corner at speeds nearing the 90 kmph mark; instead, the process was very straightforward; just point and shoot and the Linea held its line without any hint of understeer(something that front wheel drive cars are famous for) .

Big smile on my face, scary look of disbelief on the sales executive's face, and we proceeded sedately back to the showroom. Time to calm him down and what better way than to play some soothing music on 6 speaker Blaupunkt system. Luckily I'd carried my cd of "Death Cab for Cutie" and proceeded to fine tune the bass, treble and equalizer settings to my taste. While most people would be happy with the quality of sound, but honestly I feel something is missing; like maybe a 12 inch bass tube and a couple of 4 channel and monobloc amps to really feel the music. The guy said that any modification to the electrical system of the car(read wiring) would deem the warranty null and void . Hmm, I guess then I'll have to have all this done by the dealership itself which didn't seem to be problem with him. I'd also wanted first hand to check out the Trip computer with all its special functions but these can't be accessed through the buttons on the steering wheel. Instead one has to use the button that is located on the windshield wiper control stalk to the right of the steering. One needs to press it again and again to cycle through the menu on the Trip computer display; not very user friendly, at least for me.

But what about spares and after sales service ? The great thing is that the Linea needs to be serviced at intervals of 15k, which means that you could finish the three free services for a brand new Maruti while there would still be 5k km to go before the Linea is even due for an oil change!!! Spares ? According to the dealer, Fiat cant afford to screw up this time and they've taken steps to ensure no problems in this dept. I want to believe him, I really do, but I wont till i see it for myself. But this is a brand new dealership in Okhla, Delhi. Everything looks clean, polished and i made sure to explore the service area and was quite impressed by the manner in which the cars were being treated.

Happy, with what I had seen and felt, I now have to finally decide whether to trust Fiat again with my hard earned money. Will they be able to love and care for my car the way I do ? What about the resale value of the car? Such questions come to mind but then.... its settled. The Linea, true to it's catch line, is a very attractive car. It has a kind of magnetic personality, a charisma which just draws one to it. The Italians have always been known to make beautiful things; and who doesn't love beautiful things. I'm a full blooded man and yes, mine will be the Flamenco Red one.

" I'm a war, of head versus heart,
And it's always this way.
My head is weak, my heart always speaks,
Before I know what it will say."

Most Viewed