Team-BHP - Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/)
-   -   Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/62490-vocal-white-linea-transformation-chronicles-6.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramsagar (Post 1473838)
The transformation really looks good with Black paint job on the grills.
Try to add a custom spoiler lip(SX4,Laura etc) to the boot.It will enhance the beauty well.

Thanks. The grills had to go Black; Silver grills on a white car , I don't know what Fiat was thinking.
Not convinced about the spoiler(SunilRJ put up some pics of the Linea with a spoiler); I thought I'd keep it clean and not mess with the classic lines.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkrishnap (Post 1474178)
Just drooling at the black grill on a white Car.
Looks fantastic.

:thumbs upLooks even better in person. Cheers!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 1474188)
Black grille is looking superb on the white Linea. Why dont you add a black spoiler for contrast to enhance the beauty?

Thank you. Personally, I don't think a spoiler will add anything. The Ghost_Rider's latest flame is meant to look like a rich bitch and not sporty spice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caramelo (Post 1474817)
i read your thread you truly love the linea!! and you didn't mind spending more on improving interiors and exterior!! we how shall i put it!! you treated the car like it deserves to be!!!.(someone special)
i wanted to know about some things!! i like the alloy wheels design but are there any other alloy wheel designs. i really like the 17" alloys of linea which are accessories shown in the linea intl website! can we have these in india. if i cant get those then. blacked out multispoke alloys will suit her well!!

my vision of this car would be to get it in black.(lose the grill like yours) and put those 17" on her.(this gal needs the best shoes to wear)

and here is the clincher. only a theory mind you!!
make a custom made maserati logo ( yeah don't beat me on this :deadhorse) and put it on the front grill just as a tribute to the designers of this maserati inspired linea lo and behold you have your own
LINEATTI Quatroportte ( stupid:. i know)

Honestly, my budget was for a Civic; but then the Linea came by and it was love. The Ghost_Rider was transformed into a human(whose identity will be revealed in the course of the Transformation Chronicles) once again.
So, the plan and the budget was always there for the Linea Transformation.

Black Momo V-10 on my list. Just need to figure out the right size as I don't want to compromise on the ride quality or harm the suspension setup on my love.

As for the logo, I'd rather leave the FIAT badge as it is; let the people know that this beautiful, sin inducing lady is indeed a FIAT.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedKrazy (Post 1475119)
Nice car Ghost rider, i really appreciate your taste everything looks in place and great choice of mods .Kudos to you for that impressive review.i couldn't stop reading till i finish the three chapters wish you more kodak moments with your precious acquisition.

Appreciate the compliments, thanks. The Transformation Chronicles still have plenty more in store for the Motor Head. Watch this space!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghost_rider (Post 1476810)

Honestly, my budget was for a Civic; but then the Linea came by and it was love. The Ghost_Rider was transformed into a human(whose identity will be revealed in the course of the Transformation Chronicles) once again.
So, the plan and the budget was always there for the Linea Transformation.

Black Momo V-10 on my list. Just need to figure out the right size as I don't want to compromise on the ride quality or harm the suspension setup on my love.

As for the logo, I'd rather leave the FIAT badge as it is; let the people know that this beautiful, sin inducing lady is indeed a FIAT.

Appreciate the compliments, thanks. The Transformation Chronicles still have plenty more in store for the Motor Head. Watch this space!

yeah that Maserati logo thing i just said for fun. FIAT should be the logo. and it deserves it to be there!! let people know what a beauty she is and yes she is from fiat!!

i can't wait to see your linea in black momo v10s. it will look like an exotic.sport coupe. the roof's curvy shapes looks like it. clap:

Amazing... Your thread has single handedly made me seriously consider the linea. Have just moved to delhi and desperately need a car. If i do decide to buy the linea, i hope you would'nt mind me bothering you for some help, right from getting a good deal from the dealer to doing up the car. Cheers...

The ICEy Chronicles please??!! :D

where are you ghost rider? waiting for the updated chronicles!

yeah, lineans are busy getting admired all day! :D

ghost_rider, buddy where r u :?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caramelo (Post 1511038)
yeah, lineans are busy getting admired all day! :D

ghost_rider, buddy where r u :?

Its true, lineans or should I say the lineas are getting admired all day :)

Instance 1
On the day of delivery. I had stopped at the signal(shivananda circle). One santro guy pulled up his car next to me and asked me to lower the windows. His discussion started with
1. Car is looking fabulous
2. How much did you pay
3. What is the mileage

I was very happy 'cos I had just taken the delivery of the car and had driven it couple of kms from the showroom.

Instance 2

I had parked the car opp to the VSV jewels shop(No I didn't buy anything from the shop) and went to pick up a cartridge for my printer. As I walked back towards the car and opened the door, One pedestrian walked up to me and said that the car is very beautiful and he commented that it looked royal in white color :thumbs up

On the 2nd instance, my whole family was inside the car and were asking me what the pedestrian was telling me about the car and I proudly told them he was admiring my car

Both the ghost_rider and his ride have been out of action for sometime now. I'm battling with high fever and suspected Dengue and while the Linea is the workshop recovering from an accident that happened last week, courtesy an errant truck.Damages: Right side ORVM, Front right fender, front right tyre, front right headlight and front bumper.
Such is life!

On a happier note, got some accessories for my baby; Ed Hardy "Love Kills" front windscreen sun shade and skulls raging inferno floor mats.

Pics:

Hi Ghost_rider...

Wish you both a speedy recovery. It hurts to see the beauty damaged. I have a VW too and and curious to know the response from the workshop regarding shade availability.

Hope they get the beauty back in shape. We expect to read the repair chronicles too !!

Cheers, Sam

Sorry to hear about the accident g_r.
Those mats and sun shade are nice. Where did you get them in Delhi and what was the damage to your pocket?

Thanks for your good wishes Sam!

The workshop has a paint mixing machine and formulas for all the different colors. So they're able to make the color required inhouse. Earlier, I had got my bonnet painted under warranty as the paint had started to crack(see pic for details). Don't know how or why it happened, but the workshop was able to match the color perfectly. So, no worries as far as the VW paint is concerned.

What is disturbing however is that they still don't have the front right side fender in stock! And this after the car has been at the workshop for almost a week! They're expecting it sometime today, but it's surprising how some things will never change. It's a good for them that I'm out of action, else they would've got a taste of the ghost_rider's wrath.

cheers

Hey rider NICE mats buddy.Seeing them I gave out a sinister devilish laugh :D Sad to see the damage, but its not as bad as I had presumed.
Get back on the road to recovery soon. Ahem any chance I can borrow the HU if you are not listening to it??? ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by live2drive (Post 1514969)
Sorry to hear about the accident g_r.
Those mats and sun shade are nice. Where did you get them in Delhi and what was the damage to your pocket?

Ok, time to let the cat out of the bag!

These are not available in Delhi but sourced through a website, Shop in the US from India @ 20North - Millions of products, Thousands of brands. One can buy anything from the USA through them inclusive of shipping and duty(if applicable). They have a huge database of items available, although some of the prices are outrageous. Here, the trick is to find the item that interests you either on 20north or any website(scout around and find the one with the cheapest price) that ships to the US(preferably one that ships free in the US), place a Special Order with 20north if ordering from the other website, and wait for their revertal on the pricing of the item which usually comes within 2 days.
Shipping by air takes about 2 weeks before it's delivered to your doorstep.
I'd also ordered Meguiars car care products through them, and it actually worked out cheaper than procuring the same from the Indian Market.

Now just waiting for my 1:18 scale Batmobile and Kenwood X993 car stereo(had planned to get the Eclipse cd7200(Sorry Pranava999), but it was working out to be very expensive for me). Oh yeah, damages: Floor mats: INR 2800(kind of steep but well worth it as it fits perfectly with the ghost_rider's image) and Ed Hardy shade: INR 1082(It is genuine Ed Hardy).

Feel free to PM me for any more info on this.

cheers

GR:Pls tie Green Chillies & Lemon to it as soon as it come out of work shop.
Pls post a pic with Ed Hardy sun shade.

Oops,
Another Linea accident/mishap.
How caution we are while driving,we would met some accident or scratches.
that's very often in Metros.

Wait for your beauty come out from workshop as new and till admire the beauty.
Enjoy and drive Safe :)