Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2009, 19:10   #61
BHPian

How did you make the headlights looks blue?
Old 9th September 2009, 19:21   #62
BHPian

I've used Philips Crystal Vision 4300k headlight bulbs instead of the OEM bulbs. The bulbs themselves are blue in color and hence reflect their color on the reflector of the headlights.

Last edited by ghost_rider : 9th September 2009 at 19:21. Reason: edit
Old 9th September 2009, 22:04   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
I've used Philips Crystal Vision 4300k headlight bulbs instead of the OEM bulbs. The bulbs themselves are blue in color and hence reflect their color on the reflector of the headlights.
You also mentioned that it comes in a set of H1 & H4 which costs Rs2300/- each isnt it? But how is the lighting,is it powerful and better thatn OEM bulbs as I also wish to replace the OEMs. Would you know if this is available in white as well? Request your advice in this matter please.
Old 9th September 2009, 22:08   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Black grille is looking superb on the white Linea. Why dont you add a black spoiler for contrast to enhance the beauty?
Oh no!!!!please dontthe name itself will prove 'spoiler' don't put a spoiler, it's looking just fantastic now...same like the new Linea Bianco that was launched recently in Brazil.
Old 10th September 2009, 01:52   #65
BHPian

i read your thread you truly love the linea!! and you didn't mind spending more on improving interiors and exterior!! we how shall i put it!! you treated the car like it deserves to be!!!.(someone special)

i wanted to know about some things!! i like the alloy wheels design but are there any other alloy wheel designs. i really like the 17" alloys of linea which are accessories shown in the linea intl website! can we have these in india. if i cant get those then. blacked out multispoke alloys will suit her well!!

my vision of this car would be to get it in black.(lose the grill like yours) and put those 17" on her.(this gal needs the best shoes to wear)

and here is the clincher. only a theory mind you!!
make a custom made maserati logo ( yeah don't beat me on this ) and put it on the front grill just as a tribute to the designers of this maserati inspired linea lo and behold you have your own
LINEATTI Quatroportte ( . i know)
Old 10th September 2009, 08:01   #66
Senior - BHPian

i was told by the SA that putting a 100/90 bulb with a relay will make the head light console melt due to the heat generated. what are the specs of your bulb?
Old 10th September 2009, 09:41   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
You also mentioned that it comes in a set of H1 & H4 which costs Rs2300/- each isnt it? But how is the lighting,is it powerful and better thatn OEM bulbs as I also wish to replace the OEMs. Would you know if this is available in white as well? Request your advice in this matter please.
It's actually H1 and H7(I think you missed the edit post). The cost Rs 2300/- is for the complete set; one pair of H1 bulbs(parking bulbs included) and one pair of H7 bulbs. So, that's 6 bulbs(2 parking light bulbs included) for Rs 2300/-

The light intensity and throw is definitely better than the OEM bulbs and the color of the light is white. You can also get bulbs which emit bluish white light(5000 k), but their light intensity is not as good as these.

The only problem I face with these is that in rainy season(like we're having now) and in fog(which we'll have soon), they are not very effective. For such inclement weather, it's best to go with yellow light bulbs(2500 k).
I plan to keep 2 sets of bulbs; one for summer(4300 k) and one for rainy/fog(2500 k) season.

Pics of the bulbs I have on now:
Attached Thumbnails
Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-p1000246.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-p1000247.jpg  

Vocal White Linea; The Transformation Chronicles-p1000248.jpg  

Old 10th September 2009, 09:54   #68
Senior - BHPian

I guess even the OEM bulbs are 55W, so in that case you dont need relay and all.
Old 10th September 2009, 10:44   #69
BHPian

Nice car Ghost rider, i really appreciate your taste everything looks in place and great choice of mods .Kudos to you for that impressive review.i couldn't stop reading till i finish the three chapters wish you more kodak moments with your precious acquisition.
Old 10th September 2009, 11:07   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Relays and wiring harness is needed if we deviate from the OEM bulb wattage. I've replaced the OEM bulbs with the Philips Crystal Vision 4300k bulbs , H1 and H7, with same 55W specs. So no relays are required.
Here is your answer , posted on the previous page! In fact, these very bulbs were on my GTX before being transplanted into the Linea!
Old 10th September 2009, 13:24   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Relays and wiring harness is needed if we deviate from the OEM bulb wattage. I've replaced the OEM bulbs with the Philips Crystal Vision 4300k bulbs , H1 and H7, with same 55W specs. So no relays are required.
Actually H1, H7 or for that matter any other H's are standardised halogen bulbs. The size, shape and wattage are specific. So if you buy any H1 then it is a 55W halogen bulb designed for a specific base. You cannot go wrong with the wattages or any other parameter with these specifications (H'..).

Has anyone noticed one thing in the pics'- there is no plastic cladding in the wheel wells, its just plastic by itself and no metal!
Old 10th September 2009, 14:02   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Actually H1, H7 or for that matter any other H's are standardised halogen bulbs. The size, shape and wattage are specific. So if you buy any H1 then it is a 55W halogen bulb designed for a specific base. You cannot go wrong with the wattages or any other parameter with these specifications (H'..).
Actually, I beg to differ. H1 bulbs are available in several wattage options. Have a look at the link posted below:

H1 bulb - Compare prices and products - reviews, photos, features...

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstguri View Post
Has anyone noticed one thing in the pics'- there is no plastic cladding in the wheel wells, its just plastic by itself and no metal!
It's the same setup in my 1.6 GTX and 1.2 ELPS.
Old 10th September 2009, 17:22   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Actually, I beg to differ. H1 bulbs are available in several wattage options. Have a look at the link posted below:

H1 bulb - Compare prices and products - reviews, photos, features...
And I beg to differ with you. No, I'm not denying the reality but the thing is that even wattages are specified but there are after market bulbs with higher wattages available, which ofcourse are illegal. Here's what Wikipedia has to say:
Power and output
Under ECE Regulation 37, which governs automotive filament lamps in most of the world, the H1 lamp's nominal rating is 55 watts at 12 volts, and its test rating is 68w (maximum) and 1550 ±15% lumens at 13.2v. R37 also contains provisions for 6-volt, 55-watt and 24-volt, 70-watt H1 lamps. The United States government doesn't recognise ECE regulations, but rather applies its own regulations. Under these, the H1 is rated 65w (maximum) and 1410 lumens ±15% at 12.8v. Despite the two different sets of specified voltages and test protocols, the lamps themselves are the same; with few exceptions, 12-volt H1 lamps are generally manufactured and tested to comply with both regulations.
Noncompliant
Lamps are available that conform to the physical specifications for H1, but not to the regulated specifications for power consumption, light output, and/or light colour. These include high-wattage lamps, and those that emit light of a colour outside the white or selective yellow specification ranges. Such lamps are illegal throughout the industrialised world for use in regulated automotive lighting devices, and so vehicle wiring, switches, and lighting components are generally not designed or built to withstand the higher heat and power consumption from off-spec lamps. Lamps with higher-than-specified output can also create unsafe levels of glare. There is considerable variability by jurisdiction in the regulation of off-road applications of lamp types used in on-road vehicles.
Unquote
So a perfectly road legal H1 in India will be 55W.

Quote:
It's the same setup in my 1.6 GTX and 1.2 ELPS.
I actually found it to be a little strange. I dont know! Do all cars have this type of setup?

Last edited by firstguri : 10th September 2009 at 17:24.
Old 10th September 2009, 19:35   #74
BHPian

Rocking good. I can almost smell the leather from here. The tan color is slightly tricky on a white exterior, but I think you pulled it off. And ICE? by Gunbir too? You do have taste mate.

Side note: I see most Linea drivers driving slowly these days. Is it because they don't wanna get out of the car ?
Old 10th September 2009, 20:38   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballkey View Post
Side note: I see most Linea drivers driving slowly these days. Is it because they don't wanna get out of the car ?
Thats a first one I think. Mostly we hear Linea is slow cause it is underpowered, but this brings a new angle to admiration guaranteed.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks