Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 17:21   #91
BHPian

Get well soon Ghost_rider and please restore your beauty to it best, she deserves it!
Old 5th October 2009, 17:40   #92
BANNED

Quote:
Earlier, I had got my bonnet painted under warranty as the paint had started to crack(see pic for details). Don't know how or why it happened,
There is a thread by nkrishnap "Visit Fiat in a Fiat" wherein he visited Fiat factory in Pune. He specifically asked Fiat why Vocal White was discontinued & replaced by Bossa Nova White. The reason given by Fiat was something like - Vocal White had an issue with adhesiva quality & tends to develop cracks or peels off & hence discontinued.
Old 5th October 2009, 17:49   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
There is a thread by nkrishnap "Visit Fiat in a Fiat" wherein he visited Fiat factory in Pune. He specifically asked Fiat why Vocal White was discontinued & replaced by Bossa Nova White. The reason given by Fiat was something like - Vocal White had an issue with adhesiva quality & tends to develop cracks or peels off & hence discontinued.
Amit - This sounds so ominous. Is this a begining of another niggle?
All VW Linean's - need to keep a close eye on the exteriors.

Sam
Old 5th October 2009, 18:43   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post

Sam
could it also be true for bosa nova white over a period of time?

Fingers crossed. Hope BNW doesn't have this problem

Last edited by kodivasanth : 5th October 2009 at 18:44. Reason: Adding a positive note to the post
Old 5th October 2009, 20:35   #95
BHPian

I don't think that's right. I remember reading in Sunilrj"s thread about how difficult it is to get correct match of vocal white when doing a repaint. A repaint job on vocal white is costlier as compared to other colors. As per that thread, this is the reason vocal white is being discontinued.
Old 5th October 2009, 20:42   #96
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightinin95 View Post

Sam
No. I guess the existing VW Linea owners would get Fiat's support. Check sunilrj thread on how he got the things done for his Vocal White Linea

The exact wordings of that post are as below. FG means Fiat Guys

Quote:
Me: Why was the Vocal White color discontinued as this color gave a royal look to the car?
FG: This paint shade has an adhesive problem (Paint peeling off when an adhesive tape is removed from the car). They are working on sorting this out and reintroduce this color. Actually the stock yard has about 200 cars of this color (info from the FG)
Link is here-->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ned-roads.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodivasanth View Post
could it also be true for bosa nova white over a period of time?

Fingers crossed. Hope BNW doesn't have this problem
Nope. Why would Bosa Nova have this problem when it has replaced VW?
Old 5th October 2009, 20:52   #97
BHPian

Quote:
No. I guess the existing VW Linea owners would get Fiat's support. Check sunilrj thread on how he got the things done for his Vocal White Linea

The exact wordings of that post are as below. FG means Fiat Guys

Link is here-->> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ned-roads.html

Nope. Why would Bosa Nova have this problem when it has replaced VW?
Hi Amit,

After going thru the nkrishnap post, it was re-assuring. Liked the bit about re-introducing the VW colour. That showed thery were on top of the problem - assuming that Fiat guys meant it.

On another note - I think only G-R has this issue on his VW colour

Also when I had asked ASPI motors during my PDI it they said it will not be an issue (rather casually). Will check it once again on 9th when I am in Ahmedabad and post the feedback.

Cheers, Sam
Old 6th October 2009, 00:17   #98
BHPian

@ GR Yep, would have been good to hear the 7200 mkII, but am sure the kenny isn't that bad an alternative and should please your ears!Also consider the Eclipse Cd 5030.

In anycase, get well soon my man thats most important and keep in touch!Cheers!

Last edited by pranava999 : 6th October 2009 at 00:30.
Old 6th October 2009, 00:22   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Oops,
Another Linea accident/mishap.
How caution we are while driving,we would met some accident or scratches.
that's very often in Metros.

Wait for your beauty come out from workshop as new and till admire the beauty.
Enjoy and drive Safe
Tell me about it.Last week, discovered a slightly deep scratch on the left front door, seems like someone was trying to rip off the window beeding with a sharp object and must have missed it and did the paintwork . Was gutwrenched for a few good hours!
Old 21st October 2009, 15:05   #100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
It's actually H1 and H7(I think you missed the edit post). The cost Rs 2300/- is for the complete set; one pair of H1 bulbs(parking bulbs included) and one pair of H7 bulbs. So, that's 6 bulbs(2 parking light bulbs included) for Rs 2300/-
Pics of the bulbs I have on now:
Ghost rider, you have mentioned above the cost of Rs.2300/- is it for 6 bulbs ( 2sets) or for 1 set of 3 bulbs (H1/ H7 & Park bulb). Please confirm.

I tried for these in Cochin but they dont have it in stock & informed me that they cannot order as 1 set just for me. If it's not a problem would it be possible for you to courier it to me, if it's available from where you bought? I would deeply appreciate your help.
Old 21st October 2009, 22:45   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisha8 View Post
Ghost rider, you have mentioned above the cost of Rs.2300/- is it for 6 bulbs ( 2sets) or for 1 set of 3 bulbs (H1/ H7 & Park bulb). Please confirm.

I tried for these in Cochin but they dont have it in stock & informed me that they cannot order as 1 set just for me. If it's not a problem would it be possible for you to courier it to me, if it's available from where you bought? I would deeply appreciate your help.
The parking bulbs are included free in the pair of H7 bulbs. So, I bought one set of H1, and one set of H7 and got the parking bulbs free with the H7, for Rs.2300, although I think it would have gotten cheaper now. will check and let you know whatever the price is.

Let me know if you want them, and I can source the same for you.

Check your PM too.

cheers
Old 21st October 2009, 23:39   #102
BHPian

Quote:
THIS is just a theory. don't

i haven't been to the fiat factory. but i have seen a documentry about the marnelo factory of ferrari in italy and how they get the paint job done. this is the process for ferrari. and since fiat owns ferrari. they must have some common rules of work practices being followed.

i think when they send the car for paint. and when its coated like 3 layers of paint. its send to the giant oven like structure where its baked and the paint drys up in seconds. and it stays there on for good. if there are any cracks or discrepancies found in the paint job the car is sent back for a repaint!! immediately this hold true for Ferrari of course. but since FIAT owns Ferrari. they have certain standards i guess. and so it must be the case that they found probs with the paint and just decided to discontinue it.
Old 22nd October 2009, 00:13   #103
BHPian

oh i forgot, but its very sad with what you are going through man!. hope you get better ASAP! and your car gets fixed soon! and go back to look stunning as it is!
Old 22nd October 2009, 16:36   #104
BHPian

Thanks for all your good wishes and I truly believe that the love I have found here can only come from being a part of the family. Thank you all.
OK enough of the mushy talk. I'm better now, out of the hospital , had a few quarts of blood while I was there and then they let me out early for good behavior. Besides, the nurses were not hot, so there.

The car too, is back from the garage, as good as new, and the paint matcher did his job extremely well this time, and the color is matched absolutely perfectly now. Its a 3 stage paint and hence can take a few tries to get exactly right.

However, now another issue seems to have popped up. While taking delivery, I noticed two spots of protrusion on the bonnet. Now this really strange, as something like this can only happen if the bonnet was knocked into from underneath. And this is not possible as the bonnet has another layer of metal frame on the inside, which does not give access to the points of protrusion on the surface. So, photographs have been clicked, mailed to FIAT's warranty dept. for processing and explanation. Hoping for the best, whenever that is.

Another issue that I've been facing lately is that the cooling power of the AC has gone down drastically. A new AC condenser has been ordered under warranty for replacement.

Lets see what else goes wrong.

Time to get back to updating the chronicles. Its been long, too long now.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:56   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_rider View Post
While taking delivery, I noticed two spots of protrusion on the bonnet.
It has happened in at least 2 more Lineas on T-BHP. Karthik's and mine. No permanent resolution from FIAT yet.

Gears,
Red-One.

Most Viewed